SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus in the Nations - Oklahoma's State Shoot

Oklahomabound

:excl: The Indian Territory Single Action Shooters Society (ITSASS) is proud to be hosting the 2012 Oklahoma SASS State Championship "Ruckus in the Nations" again this year - 9/20 - 9/23. This will be our clubs 20th Anniversary, making ITSASS the oldest SASS club in Oklahoma!

Are you a vendor? Want to be a vendor? Know of someone who wants to be a vendor? Contact Burly Bill for more information. We have plenty of space for vendors but the prime locations go fast!

See you at Ruckus!

Burly Bill - Event Coordinator - Contact info:

Burly Bill email :excl:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and if'n that thar link didn't w**k right fer ya, try this 'ere copy & paste:

itsassredcastle@gmail.com for Burly Bill... :wacko:

Here's whut we be doin':

September 20th through September 23rd 2012

Thursday – Sunday – 10 main stages, 5 on Friday, 5 on Saturday

Schedule

Thursday 9:00 – 4:00 Check In

Thursday 11:00 – 4:00 Side Matches

Big Bore Single Shot, Big Bore Rifle Caliber Lever Action

Fastest Pistol Caliber Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun (’87, ’97, SXS & Hammered)

Pocket Pistol, Derringer, Gunfighter, .22 Rifle, .22 Pistol

Trail Walk

Friday 7:30 – 8:30 Check In

9:00 Welcome/Safety Meeting, Main Match

6:00pm Side Match/Costume awards

Pot Luck Dinner (at the range)

Saturday 9:00 Main Match

6:00pm Awards banquet

Sunday 9:00 Team Matches, Husband & Wife, Man on Man

Main Match Ammunition Requirements: Approximately 100 Pistol, 100 Rifle & 40 shotgun rounds

Side Matches: 10 rounds for each long gun (+ 3 sighters for long range), 6 shotgun

Registration MUST be received by September 5th, 2012

Questions – contact Mayor Rock Creek Rustler – 918.271.0098

or Vice Mayor Stiff Finger Jim – 918.510.8405

Ruckus in the Nations iz jest 'round the corner...

...wonder jest 'ow long it iz????

...'ere be the categories that ITSASS will honor at Ruckus in the Nations, even if there be only one:

Select Gender & Category ( ) Male ( ) Female **All SASS sanctioned categories offered**

( )Buckaroo (13 & under)

( )Young Gun (14- 16)

( )Cowboy/girl (no age limit)

( )Wrangler (36+)

( )49r (49 +)

( )Senior (60+)

( )Senior Duelist (60+)

( )Silver Senior (65+)

( )Elder Statesman (70+)

( )Grand Dame (70+)

( )Golden Statesman (75+)

( )Golden Girl (75+)

( )B-Western

( )Classic Cowboy

( )Double Duelist

( )Duelist

( )Frontier Cartridge

( )Frontier Cartridge Duelist

( )Frontiersman

( )Gunfighter

...please note that there are a couple of added categories...

**Any “write-in” categories must have 3 or more entries

So, I'm wanting to shoot "Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist" (60+) so I need 2 more folks to sign up for this 'ere category....

...and Ms. Mary Matilda wants to shoot "Lady Senior Frontier Cartridge" (60+) so she needs 2 more folks to sign up for this 'ere category....

Ruckus in the Nations iz jest 'round the corner...

...wonder jest 'ow long it iz????

...well now!!! ...I found this 'ere countdown clock thingy and let's see if'n itz gonna w**k...

Countdown to Ruckus in the Nations

102 days until Ruckus in the Nations!!!!

...this 'ere iz a commercial break from our regular scheduled programming... ...'ere's whut Catoosa Red had to say 'bout our monthly shoot, Sunday June 10:

"Greetings all - Wow! What a day at ITSASS! We had 42 shooters join us today, including 2 new Lady Shooters. Welcome to Prairie Lilly (Prune Pickers wife) and to Inara Serra (Malcolm Reynolds wife). They both had a great time, if you can judge by the smiles on their faces at the end of the day! Black River Jack brought Peddler Parson, while not a new shooter it was his first visit to our range and we hope to see him often.

Congrats to Montana Dan - our overall match winner! Kuddos for Clean Matches go to Clint Westwood, Black River Jack & Okie Bob. This was Bob's 2nd clean match - way to go Bob!"

...and yes we'll be shooting Saturday June 16 & Wednesday June 27th...

...now, back to our regular scheduled programming & more info 'bout Ruckus in the Nations...

...it's been too quiet 'round these parts for the last few days...

......and yes we'll be shooting Saturday June 16 & Wednesday June 27th...

...my! Time is flyin' by!!!! ...just 93 days until Ruckus in the Nations.....

...did ya'll know that it is a bit over 8,000,000 seconds until Ruckus in the Nations!

Well the missus might be taking a job in OKC if so we will be there. If full we will come watch!

..well, come on and shoot with us... ...we'll make room for you and the missus...

...last year we had folks from Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and .... ...Oklahoma...

...at Ruckus in the Nations, all SASS categories are honored even if there is just just one...

...and...

...we've added a few of our own...

...and...

...if 3 (yes three) sign up for one we haven't included, then we honor that too (also)

...Burly Bill is wanting 2 more for Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter and...

...Okb (that's me) is wanting 2 more for Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist and...

...and...

...Ms. Mary Matilda is wanting 2 more for Lady Senior Frontier Cartridge...

...and...

...I bet that there are at least 3 folks that want to shoot Outlaw...

Stiff Finger Jim had this to say about lodging:

Recommended Hotel: We have negotiated a reduced rate for the "Oklahoma State Championship" with Best Western of Sand Springs. $65.00 for single King or double Queen. Includes Breakfast buffet each morning (biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, toast, pastries, etc.) and we have priority on ground floor rooms.

Best Western Inn & Suites

211 South Lake Dr.

Sand Springs, Ok 74063

918-245-4999

Mgr: Bobby

Other hotels in area Hampton Inn, Days Inn (formerly Budget Inn)

...can put the rv up (30 amp power) at the campground just before the gate on John Zink Ranch...

...and did I say that it is only 84 more days until Ruckus in the Nations

...and now its only 7209800 seconds until Ruckus in the Nations

,,,,ok, ok, ok!!!!

It's really only 7119000 seconds until "Ruckus in the Nations"

Don't forget the key phrase to get the reduced rate is Oklahoma State Championship... Tell them that you are a comin and they will get you the special rate...Stiff Finger Jim

Stiff Finger Jim had this to say about lodging:

Recommended Hotel: We have negotiated a reduced rate for the "Oklahoma State Championship" with Best Western of Sand Springs. $65.00 for single King or double Queen. Includes Breakfast buffet each morning (biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, toast, pastries, etc.) and we have priority on ground floor rooms.

Best Western Inn & Suites

211 South Lake Dr.

Sand Springs, Ok 74063

918-245-4999

Mgr: Bobby

Other hotels in area Hampton Inn, Days Inn (formerly Budget Inn)

...can put the rv up (30 amp power) at the campground just before the gate on John Zink Ranch...

...ain't Stiff Finger Jim a nice one to make all those arrangements just for folks who want to come out and have a great time shooting at ITSASS's Buzzard Gulch...

We are down to 6,740,000 seconds to go until "Ruckus in the Nations"

...well, we're excited...

...bullets are all loaded...

...got a new truck which will be pullin' a 5th wheel, which we will pick up tomorrow...

...have to re-learn how to pack in the 5th wheel-much different than a coach...

...and Ruckus will be its 2nd or 3rd outing...

...yes, we are having our monthly Saturday shoot this coming Saturday, July 14th. We will start early, shooters meeting at 0800 hours, that be 8:00 a.m. Startin' early to get a head start on the summertime heat...

I'm planning on being at Ruckus this year. Headed down to shoot with ITSASS this Sunday (July 8th) for the first time. Looking forward to it!!

Hey Monco!!!

...come on down here this comin' Sunday for sure!!!! ...remember that we will have the shooter's meeting at 0800 hours, 8:00 am so that we can beat the heat...

...there will be a short meeting right after the shoot discussing Ruckus in the Nations that you're welcome to attend as well...

...look for Burly Bill or Catoosa Red when you get there, they're good folks and will hook you right up....

Okb (who'll be teaching Sunday School this Sunday)

...info about the ROI and ROII courses will be out later this week...

Just attended ITSASS's CAS range at Red Castle Gun Club on Zink Ranch. What a fabulous setting and great CAS range! The scenery in this part of Oklahoma is fantastic for sure.

Thanks to Catoosa Red, Burly Bill, and the rest of the ITSASS folks that made me feel right at home. Thanks to you too Oklahomabound!!

My visit was well worth the 3 hour drive and I will be making the trip again hopefully before Ruckus in the Nations.

Just attended ITSASS's CAS range at Red Castle Gun Club on Zink Ranch. What a fabulous setting and great CAS range! The scenery in this part of Oklahoma is fantastic for sure.

Thanks to Catoosa Red, Burly Bill, and the rest of the ITSASS folks that made me feel right at home. Thanks to you too Oklahomabound!!

My visit was well worth the 3 hour drive and I will be making the trip again hopefully before Ruckus in the Nations.

Hey Monco! Glad your shoot went so good! ...and thanks for the kind words!!!

Here's what Catoosa Red had to say about our shoot today:

"Greetings all - 38 shooters braved the heat and came out for another great day of shooting at ITSASS. We welcomed Monco from Kansas for his first shoot with us. Brass Rat brought Ermamno Gri with him today. Ermamno hails from Italy and was almost speechless when he saw the first stage, he said he had never seen anything like this in his life! Before it was all over he had guns in his hands and shot a stage and left a very happy man! Thanks Brazos for helping him.

Lots of great competition going on today with Creek County Kid coming out as the overall match winner! Congrats to CowBo on his first clean match and Little Fat Buddy for his 3rd clean match in a row! Burly Bill & Dewmour Good & Burly Bill were also clean for the day!

Thanks to all that stayed for the Ruckus meeting after the match.

Next shoot is Saturday July 14th, work day July 15th - watch for details....."

...tawked with Stiff Finger Jim today...

...he says that all of the w**k assignments for Ruckus in the Nations are mostly made, just a couple of side matches left...

...w**k day this Sunday, will focus on cleanin' up, straightin' up, and Stage 2 add-ons...

...will be shooting this Saturday... shooter's meeting will be early, 0800 hours, to beat the heat...

...things are shapin' up for Ruckus!!!!

...its just 70 days until Ruckus in the Nations!

Stiff Finger Jim had this to say about Ruckus in the Nations:

"Talked with Choupique today. We will start the RO II course @ 8:00am on Thurs Sept 22,2012 and the cost of the RO II course is $ 25.00. We will break for lunch after RO II and then have RO I course @ 1:00 pm. The cost on the RO I course is $ 10.00.

He recommends that anyone wanting to take either of these courses go to the SASS home page (Handbooks and Rules) and print off the course material to review prior to attending the class. They truly are informative and will help understand what he discusses in each course.

The cost of the courses is split as follows: RO I $10.00 $5.00 ITSASS $5.00 SASS

RO II $25.00 $10.00 ITSASS $15.00 SASS

So we have the money to print off extra Course materials if someone forgets theirs or just shows up that day and decides they want to take the course.

Hope everyone is having a super day. Plan on seeing you tomorrow-Saturday Shoot that is!"

...just 66 more days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

OK, Ya talked us into it.

Taquila Tab n the Alamo Kid are a comin' your way in Sept.

:wacko:

Alamo Kid

Riders of the Trail Tour 2012

...now, I want ya'll ta know that thru weren't no arm twistin', bribin', or fancy tawk involved 'ere; just a promise of a great shoot with even better pards and pardettes...

...and I'll, that be Okb, will see ya'll thar.... !!!!Taquila Tab n the Alamo Kid are a comin' our way in Sept!!!

Archived