SASS Wire Forum

The First SASS European Regional

...in Philippsburg, Germany.

Match Director RePhil, together with Sho tgun Boogie

and Olli the Kid have put together a terrific match; fun, fast, and interesting!

There is a pretty good clutch of US shooters, with 15 other nations in attendance. CAS is truly an international sport!

With two days down and one to go, it's still too tight to call. My posse has the tough four tomorrow; it should be close, but two things are clear; the Euros can really shoot, and boy, do they know how to put together a world class match!

More later; right now its 2 a.m.; I have a beer in my hand, am going to join the Pooley Gang in the 43 degree water, and this all makes perfect sense...

Cheers,

FJT

Good to hear you are having fun! Say hello to Boogie,Phil and Olly and don't forget Coffee and Emmy. Enjoy the Pool lee :wacko:

Tell Phil and Boogie "hey" from Nellie Belle and I. Hope to see 'em both at "Days of Truth" in Aug. in BudaPest.

...in Philippsburg, Germany.

Match Director RePhil, together with Sho tgun Boogie

and Olli the Kid have put together a terrific match; fun, fast, and interesting!

There is a pretty good clutch of US shooters, with 15 other nations in attendance. CAS is truly an international sport!

With two days down and one to go, it's still too tight to call. My posse has the tough four tomorrow; it should be close, but two things are clear; the Euros can really shoot, and boy, do they know how to put together a world class match!

More later; right now its 2 a.m.; I have a beer in my hand, am going to join the Pooley Gang in the 43 degree water, and this all makes perfect sense...

Cheers,

FJT

Too COOL !!!!!!!!!!............ :D

The First ever SASS European Regional is winding down. Match awards, banquet and official party were last night. I'll post a complete list of winners when I have a chance, but for now, congratulations to JessieBelle, Woman's Overall Champion, and RePhil, Men's Overall, and match winner. Some delightful surprises and people were on hand; converts to my daughter, Prairie Skye, for winning the Fastest Cowgirl In Europe side match, Just Chris, for winning the QuickDraw championship , hosted. by Bob and Sherry Mernickle, with a time that would have held up in most US matches, .399/second.

Lyonner Dundee, a Gunfighter, took 2nd O/A, and Olli the Kid finished 5th - shooting BP!

The after-party was epic; I gave up at 3:00 am, but it was still rocking...

More after I sober up....

Cheers,

FJT

Hay FJT!

Say Hi! to the Germans from the gang at Chimney Rock. Looking forward to seeing them at the Western Regional!

And CONGRATULATIONS on the first European Regional!

YeeHAW!

The First ever SASS European Regional is winding down.

The after-party was epic; I gave up at 3:00 am, but it was still rocking...

More after I sober up....

Cheers,

FJT

Yeah like that is going to happen any time soon! :-)

Thank you for being part of this and helping out sooooooo much!!!!

See y'all there next year!!!

Cheers

REPHIL

Howdy,

it was a great match, nice stages, brilliant decoration and good company. :lol:

in our opinion it was and still is the best match in Europe

The after party was great, and I don’t have any idea how late(or early) it was when we went to bed. :wacko: :wacko:

Bud it made the drive home on Sunday that much harder,

the alcohol had worn off but the lack of sleep didn’t and then 350 miles in the pouring rain is a long drive. -_- -_-

We will be there again next year,

Dutch Bear

P.S. Phil, a little shorter and earlier on the awards ceremony would leave even more time to party(just a tip for next year)

This may honestly be the best match that I have ever attended. Despite limitations imposed by stringent German regulations, the GTR engineered a match that was fast, fun, and very entertaining!

And the party was, literally, non-stop. It was wonderful to see SASS represented at this history-making event, in the person of Misty Moonshine; she won a lot of fans for the organization.

Congrats to Dutch Bear for his outstanding finish, btw!

I'll get something together for the Chronicle ASAP, for now, my daughter and I are enjoying incomparable hospitality, and planning OUR trip, next year!

Cheers,

FJT

Was so great to shoot again with so great cowboys and to help in the posse and Jackson's clinic. Fun for trying Bob's fast draw initiation and thanks too to Jim Dawning for the great engraving on my SAs.

Thank you all for this great moment of frienship!

Already impatientely waiting for the 5th edition of the GTR.

Glad you had a great time - was going to send ya some jerky, but didn't get a reply back - now I know why....let me know if'n your still interested in me sending some.

Take care...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just dropped of Coffee and Auntie Emmy at the airport! Got back home and found the house increadibly silent. And that is a lot considering that my two daughters were rampaging the place!!! :-)

It was great fun amongst dear friends that I wouldn't want to miss for anything in the world. And now that I had some time to wind down i found out that all of a sudden the Euro-Cup started! How did that sneek in without me noticing! I assume the Crown Royal with the occasional beer had something to do with that!!!!

Thank you for these words of praise! It wouldn't be anything without you guys!!!!

Cheers

REPHIL

... Despite limitations imposed by stringent German regulations...

FJT,

Could you expand on that a little bit. And how much trouble is it to get there with guns?

Olen

Just dropped of Coffee and Auntie Emmy at the airport! Got back home and found the house increadibly silent. And that is a lot considering that my two daughters were rampaging the place!!! :-)

It was great fun amongst dear friends that I wouldn't want to miss for anything in the world. And now that I had some time to wind down i found out that all of a sudden the Euro-Cup started! How did that sneek in without me noticing! I assume the Crown Royal with the occasional beer had something to do with that!!!!

Thank you for these words of praise! It wouldn't be anything without you guys!!!!

Cheers

REPHIL

Emmy and I just made it home safe and sound. It was truely an epic vacation. Emmy just mentioned that we still have clean clothes - she is thinking that she will just keep the bags packed and ready for the return trip

Coffee

Congrats to Dutch Bear for his outstanding finish, btw

FJT

thanx FJT, a lot of it is your shooting school and training, training and oh yeah did i mention traning?

for that next trip, your daugther mentioned that you are considering the possibility of comming to DOT in Hungary this year?

Dutch Bear

DB;

To do so would mean having to drive across Europe with the Brothers Seibel and Shotgun Boogie. Imagine the havoc that would wreak?

I don't know if Interpol or the Eurozone are aready for that... ;-)

Are you going?

Cheers,

FJT

yup, we're going.

we start with the German open (german BDS rules) the first weekend of August,

then we drive on to Dabas Hungary with a stop over in Pullmancity(www.pullmancity.de)

we just can't wait, 24 stages cowboy action shooting in 2 weeks with a 3 stage BP nightshoot as a bonus.

as to the road trip, the eurozone will thank you, such a roadtrip would boost the economy whith a 10% rise in beer sales so come on over :rolleyes:

@Uriah: the invitation is in Hungarian,German and English and i guess it will be run in English and Hungarian mostly.

Dutch Bear

P.S. when you deside to come over i would gladly load you a couple of rounds for the BP nightshoot so you can shoot some real powder/loads for a change ;)

Just out of curiosity, what language(s) are used to run the thing?

Language was NO PROBLEM

Rephil ran the shooters meetings and awards in both German and English.

It seems that English was a second language for most competitors and I never had a problem getting points accross for social situations such as requesting more beer.

FJT and I were range officers and have Zero problems with explaining the stages etc.

The hard part to remember is that the counters hold a thumb up for a miss, thumb and index finger for 2 misses.

I received a CD of pictures of the competitors for the match. I watched it again this morning, if I did not tell you that the competitors were European, you would swear you were watching a shoot in the USA. We have a lot more in common with our pards across the ocean than you would believe.

I had a great trip and I look forward to heading back.

Everyone I met was warm and friendly and did their best to make me feel at home. They understood that I did not speak German and they were all gracious in accommodating my deficiency in that area.

If you ever have the opportunity to shoot in Europe - Go for it

Coffee

Just out of curiosity, what language(s) are used to run the thing?

German and English in many posses and in mine English, French and a guy translating for a lady in Swedish or Danish.

Very funny, but everything was quite unserstood by shooters attending, even the calls! :D

My first trip to a Gasthaus was a number education.

I held up my index finger and said "Bier".

He brought me two.

I repeated it in a little while and he brought me two more.

Turns out the thumb is "one" and the index finger is "Two".

...I received a CD of pictures of the competitors for the match. I watched it again this morning, if I did not tell you that the competitors were European, you would swear you were watching a shoot in the USA. We have a lot more in common with our pards across the ocean than you would believe...

Hi Pard,

When I read things like this and see photos of matches that are not in the U.S.A., it warms my heart. :D

I'm so happy the "American Contingent" is treated so well. Then, I've met some of the folks mentioned or posting here and found them to be great, fun-loving pardners.

Bravo to all who put on, were able to attend this match, and share their stories with the rest of us.

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 4 months later...

FJT,

Could you expand on that a little bit. And how much trouble is it to get there with guns?

Olen

Hello Olen,

it's no trouble. If you want to come to a German Cowboy Action Shooting with your guns, we need your adress, the date while you stay in Germany with guns and a list of your guns with serial numbers. We need that information 3 to 4 month before you come to get a officially aproved form. This year the cost for that form is 35 Euro for each person.

Boogie

Archived