SASS Wire Forum

Anti-Gun

LEAD BANE, SASS 70197

Scroll through, you might be surprised whos on the list. Wouldnt it be funny if your favorite actors contributions were the reason for you losing your guns. Maybe folks should think twice about who they are supporting.

http://nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2010/national-organizations-with-anti-gun-po.aspx?s=kevin+costner&st=&ps=

From a strictly historical perspective, I'm surprised at the number of Jewish groups on the list.

Of all the people in recorded human history, they should be the most keenly aware of what can happen to disarmed and defenseless civilians.

Obviously they are unaware of events in the Middle East as well.

"Supporting"? First, I really doubt my share of their "support" is meaningful in any way.

Second, that's a mighty long list of people you don't want me to "support." I notice the American Medical Association is on it, for example; are you suggesting I stop seeing any doctors who belong to the AMA? If not, what *are* you suggesting? Perhaps that I give my doctor a piece of my mind and tell him to resign from the AMA? Maybe all Catholics and Methodists should excommunicate themselves?

Seriously and realistically, what are you suggesting be done?

BTW, being acquainted with Wayne LaPierre's histrionics, I'd like to know the contexts in which these various organizations got onto that laundry list. Like the American Academy of Pediatrics.

From a strictly historical perspective, I'm surprised at the number of Jewish groups on the list.

Of all the people in recorded human history, they should be the most keenly aware of what can happen to disarmed and defenseless civilians.

Obviously they are unaware of events in the Middle East as well.

They believe in "turning the other cheek".

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

And besides, the liberals are the only ones who believe enuff in any of their causes to carry out any meaningful boycotts! Ours is the side who seems stuck in repeating history, we gave away a citizens based constitution through apathy.

And besides, the liberals are the only ones who believe enuff in any of their causes to carry out any meaningful boycotts! Ours is the side who seems stuck in repeating history, we gave away a citizens based constitution through apathy.

I believe in "causes" and I ain't no liberal! I perused the NRA anti-gun list and I can honestly say I do not support, contribute, purchase, etc., anything from 99% of the people, organizations, etc.

The expressions "stick to your guns" and "hit 'em where it hurts the most . . . in the pocketbook" comes to mind.

American Medical Association is on the list twice...They must really hate guns.

On the celebrity list the 2 that really have me disappointed are Steve Buscemi and Kyra Sedgewick. What a couple of hypocrites!

Rye

American Medical Association is on the list twice...They must really hate guns.

or . . . it could be that some of us really HATE the American Medical Association!

or . . . it could be that some of us really HATE the American Medical Association!

Damned doctors! The world would be better off without them.

And why do you suppose the cost of medical care has become so outrageous that the liberals screamed for Obamacare?

Many of the Hollyweirdo's on the list make their livings using guns in the movies.....yet they turn around and demonize them after they fill their pockets. I guess if they were soooo against them maybe they should refuse to use them in movies. Na, that would take money out of their pockets......true blue hypocrites on parade.

I would love to see a "new" Hollywood started in America that reflects real Americas and their valves and hires actors that reflect that as well.......ones that don't have to hide behind a liberal mask to prop up the agenda of a small yet powerful few.

They could use the F’word less than 75 times in a scene, leave out the liberal jabs at everyday Americans, and use a story line to carry the movie instead of over-done action scenes, nudity, special effects and cuss words.

That would be a NICE change IMO.

Like the American Academy of Pediatrics.

The American Academy of Pedriatics recommends not having guns in the home, uses "statistics" to show that homes with a gun are more likely to have a child killed by accident, and until recently, encouraged doctors to ask parents if they kept a gun in the home. Sounds pretty anti-gun to me....

I don't even recognize over 99% of the organizations/individuals on the list, so I don't reckon I'm supporting them any.

Many of the Hollyweirdo's on the list make their livings using guns in the movies.....yet they turn around and demonize them after they fill their pockets. I guess if they were soooo against them maybe they should refuse to use them in movies. Na, that would take money out of their pockets......true blue hypocrites on parade.

I would love to see a "new" Hollywood started in America that reflects real Americas and their valves and hires actors that reflect that as well.......ones that don't have to hide behind a liberal mask to prop up the agenda of a small yet powerful few.

They could use the F’word less than 75 times in a scene, leave out the liberal jabs at everyday Americans, and use a story line to carry the movie instead of over-done action scenes, nudity, special effects and cuss words.

That would be a NICE change IMO.

Hell would freeze over first . . . oh . . . what am I saying? Hollywood IS hell!

I always think its quite ironic that of the many actors on this list who have spoken out in one way or another against guns, gun control, etc...seem to have NO trouble whatsoever if a character they portray in a movie has to use a firearm. Maybe they think of it as a "prop" and not necessarily a "gun". ???

But they certainly have no problem with depositing their paycheck!

Gregg

I will do my part.

I noticed that 86 year old Arlene Dahl was on the list. I wont be watching "What's My Line" anymore.

and it listed Ellen DeGeneris as an "actress". See I learned something everyday...I didnt know she was an actress.

I will boycott Ellen...wait..I already do that. :)

Typical ignorance...

Doctors are NOT the association...but you can love the association that does such wonderful things as keeping the quantity of teaching facilities low...so that doctors are scarce...etc, etc.

Your typical attack that if someone doesn't like an association...or stoopid Union that they must hate the membership that is often left with no choice but to belong.

OY!

:wacko:

I do not condemn someone who has an agenda that is different from mine BUT I do hate the idea that they are furnished a venue for their opinions. This allows some of the dumbest and most morally corrupt individuals on the face of the earth to represent themselves as being somehow knowledgeable on any subject scripted for them. Am I the only one who hates it when they are given awards by their own peers and instead of just saying thank you and sitting down, they bring a scripted speech. And yes, Ill say it, MJ Fox will show us just the level of performance that the occasion calls for, because these people have no limits, conscience or ethical, when it come to promoting their agendas! Do the world a favor, take the statue and go home!

Guess I can't watch the Hatfields and McCoy's I have dvr'd now.....Thanks Costner! ;)

Oh well, I'll watch it but I'll skip the commercials!

They believe in "turning the other cheek".

Those that turn the other cheek get hit with the other fist.

And why do you suppose the cost of medical care has become so outrageous that the liberals screamed for Obamacare?

Outrageous malpractice insurance premiums necessary to satisfy the avarice of unethical trial lawyers (like John Edwards) and their coniving clientele?

+1 Phantom!

I've never been a member of AMA since medical school (for their credit card membership as a student). I don't support their agenda so I don't contribute to their lobby just as MANY doctors. All of my partners collect or own firearms, have CHLs, shoot regularly, hunt, etc., and many of my fellow physicians are of the same ilk AND shoot SASS.

The escalation in costs of health care are more directly related to the cost of private AND government insurance plans, including Medicare. When I had my own corporation, about 64% of my services went UNPAID. Of the private insurers, I often received payments of $0.07 or $0.15 and I can show you the checks to prove it! That's the value private insurers placed on my 10 years of medical education and two decades of practice! So, where did your premiums go? Not to the physician who was called in at night to take care of you. The ED is equated to "free health care": 100% of the CT examinations performed through my previous hospital overnight were UNPAID! I validated this statement by examining the stats from my billing service at the time. The ED has a difficult time turning away a patient who can't pay (major COBRA violation, a government mandate) and have no private insurer. If "Obamacare" is implemented in it's entirety, the puny fine for non-compliance will not deter patients from going to the ED for "free healthcare" since the ED is handcuffed by the government. As for the escalating costs.......try to run any business, a medical practice, a hospital for that matter, with 64% non-payors, insulting underpayments from insurers including Medicare without trying to increase charges to keep your lights on.

Anything to do with Progressive Insurance should be red flagged.

As far as I can see the hollyweird community for the most part is all ego. Not unlike our president. The actors want to have guns to play with and portray criminals and law enforcement on screen, but they want to keep firearms out of the commoner peoples hands. Regular people should not be able to have this or have that. Only the elite and the hollywood community thinks that is them should have guns. They use the excuse of needing to protect themselves from their fans, etc. How novel, needing guns to protect against those that would kill and maim us. Not to mention it would be nice to plink, hunt and shoot competotions with them too. I imagine Charlton Heston and Ronald Reagan appalled the good part of that drugged out, egotistical and way overpaid crowd.

Just sayin'

Is the OP suggesting that we not watch any Mel Brooks movies.

Nor Open Range, Hatfields vs McCoys as kevin Costner was in it.

Nor wear Levis, Nor eat Ben & Jerries Ice Cream.

What is the point of this list. How does one get on it.

That is the real question.

Some of these organization might be flagrant. While others may have no support for 2A.

How does one get on it.

Do the actors really support anti gun positions or did they support a candidate once that was anti gun.

How does one get on the list?

Like I said, it's the damned doctors.

Trying to be positive so I looked for PRO-GUN celebrities and companies:

Celebrities:

Tim Abell- Actor

Jack Allocco- Actor

John Aquino- Actor

Ned Beatty- Actor

Don Bellasario- Producer

Jay Bernstein- Executive Producer

Kelly Bovino- Actor

Dave Butz- Football Player

Ruth Buzzi- Actress

Tracy Byrd- Singer

Stephen Cannell- Producer

Mark Carlton- Actor

Robert Carradine- Actor

Joanna Cassidy- Actress

Tom Clancey- Author

Teri Clark- Singer

Robert Conrad- Actor

Jeff Cook- Musician

Linda Davis- Singer

Lee Debroux- Actor

Kim Delaney- Actress

Jeff Dellenbach- Football Player

Johnny DiSanti- Actor

Michael Dudikoff- Actor

Jaime Dudney- Actress

Charles Durning- Actor

Leslie Easterbrook- Actress

Richard Edlund- Academy Award /Visual Effects

Ralph Emery- Radio Host

Dennis Farina- Actor

Dennis Franz- Actor

Robert Fuller- Actor

John Clark Gable- Actor

Mickey Gilley- Singer

Richard Gilliland- Actor

Erin Gray- Actress

Tom Greene- Writer and Producer

Michael Gregory- Actor

Vincent Guastaferro- Actor

Richard C. Hacker- Screenwriter

Jim Hager- Comedian

Jon Hager- Comedian

Tom Hallick- Actor

Ken Hanes- Actor

Dick Hardwick- Comedian

Charlton Heston- Actor

Frasier Heston- Actor

Denise Hickol- Agent and Producer

Richard Hissong- Cinemaphotographer

Lee Horsley- Actor

Susan Howard- Actress

Dean Jones- Actor

Mickey Jones- Actor

Steve Kanaly- Actor

Ray Kelly- Western Artist

T.J. Klay- Musician

Martin Kove- Actor

Diane Ladd- Actress

Ed LaPorta- Production Designer

John Laughlin- Actor

John Phillip Law- Actor

Geoffrey Lewis- Actor

Thyme Lewis- Actor

G. Gordon Liddy- Author, Actor, &Radio Host

Anne Lockhart- Actress

Heather Lowe- Actress

A.C. Lyles- Actor

Karl Malone- Basketball Player

Barbara Mandrell- Singer & Musician

Irlene Mandrell- Singer

Louise Mandrell- Singer

Joe Mantegna- Actor

Ron Masak- Actor

Mila Mason- Actress

Jerry Mathers- Actor

Reba McEntire- Singer and Actress

John Milius- Movie Director

Mary Ann Mobley- Actress

D.W. Moffitt- Actor

Roger E. Mosley- Actor

Curly Jim Musgrave- Singer

Charles E. Napier- Actor

Ted Nugent- Rock Star

Lyle Omori- Actor

Jennifer O'Neill- Actress & Model

JoePantoliano- Actor

Paul Pape- Actor and Producer

Jameson Parker- Actor

Lu Parker- Miss U.S.A. 1994

Jim Parish- Actor

Nikki Pelley- Stuntwoman and Rodeo

Suzanne Pleshette- Actress

Caryn Richman- Actress

Roy "Dusty" Rogers Jr.- Musician

Richard Roundtree- Actor

Kurt Russell- Actor

Francine Sama- Actress and Musician

Arnold Schwarznegger- Actor

DebraLee Scott- Actress

Tom Selleck- Actor

Peter Sherakyo- Actor

Ricky Skaggs- Singer

Jean Smart- Actress

Robert Stack- Actor

Frank Stallone- Actor

Jim Starr- Athlete and Actor

Michael Stern- Editor

Stella Stevens- Actress

John Strong- Actor

James Swan- Actor

Lindy Teague- Model

Marshall Teague- Actor

Chalee Tennison- Singer

Aaron Tippin- Singer

Tanya Tucker- Singer

Bruce Willis-Actor

Companies:

Can't find a list :blink: ...I think Wrangler is one.

Organizations ;

http://hughesonthene...tuff/ProGun.htm

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Typical ignorance...

Doctors are NOT the association...but you can love the association that does such wonderful things as keeping the quantity of teaching facilities low...so that doctors are scarce...etc, etc.

Your typical attack that if someone doesn't like an association...or stoopid Union that they must hate the membership that is often left with no choice but to belong.

OY!

:wacko:

That was almost coherent. You're getting better at this.

ETA: But you still haven't learned to spell "stupid," so you lose points.

The Cherokee Cowboys hold our annual Guns of Autumn match in October. Historically we have given away several guns as door prizes or in a raffle to raise money for our charity. This year, I was looking for a worthy charity for our annual shoot. I'd heard good things about the Wounded Warrior Project and contacted them. They told me that they would not be associated with any event that involved the transfer of guns. I assured them that all firearms given away were done according to state and federal laws. Sorry, that was their policy. So, I contacted the local Boy Scout Troop and they are happy for the donation and will help shag brass at the match.

GG. that group needs to update their list. of the 115 names on the list I only recognized about 20 percent of them and of those 20 percent five were dead. (Robert Stack, Suzanne Pleshette, Charleton Heston, Jim AND Jon Hager....How far would Hee-Haw would have gone in the ratings if the Hager Twins had stayed on that show... :) )

and that was only the names that I recognized...

Had to correct myself...just saw Jerry Mathers name on the good list...I look forward to his shows. "Ward, dont be so hard on the Beaver" :D

GG. that group needs to update their list. of the 115 names on the list I only recognized about 20 percent of them and of those 20 percent five were dead. (Robert Stack, Suzanne Pleshette, Charleton Heston, Jim AND Jon Hager....How far would Hee-Haw would have gone in the ratings if the Hager Twins had stayed on that show... :) )

and that was only the names that I recognized...

Had to correct myself...just saw Jerry Mathers name on the good list...I look forward to his shows. "Ward, dont be so hard on the Beaver" :D

yeah I know - but at least it was nice to see old timers names listed like Gable ;)

Those that turn the other cheek get hit with the other fist.

Outrageous malpractice insurance premiums necessary to satisfy the avarice of unethical trial lawyers (like John Edwards) and their coniving clientele?

Do I have to remind anyone what party Jonathan Edwards belonged to when he was running for President?

yeah I know - but at least it was nice to see old timers names listed like Gable ;)

wow I missed Gable....but most of those names are people from New York City and Kalifornia. what can you expect...They live in a fantasy world.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

We do our damndest to NOT support any on that list. We already knew about all of them (owning a our gun store).

Now I see the Chiefs and Royals are on there. :unsure: I reckon I'm going to have to find some new teams now.

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

We do our damndest to NOT support any on that list. We already knew about all of them (owning a our gun store).

Now I see the Chiefs and Royals are on there. :unsure: I reckon I'm going to have to find some new teams now.

Mustang Gregg

Detroit Tigers or LA Dodgers ~ maybe? ;)

GG ~:FlagAm:

Archived