SASS Wire Forum

Florida State Championship

Copenhagen

Heard that Bill Bonny and Von Zipper have been putting a lot of work into the props.

I keep hearing rumors about an pirate ship. Are there any pictures yet?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been getting a lot of calls and emails about host and other hotels. I should have answers and prices back this week or the beginning of next week. Added more info on site and have a few other things added on application form that I have had questions on over the last 2 weeks. I will put more info on website after our next meeting.

Thanks,

Cope

Any hotel info yet?

JEL

Careful Sun, you make have to walk the plank. :lol:

I've walked the plank before, sort of. I toured the Anheuser/Busch plant once and fell off of the gangway over a giant vat of beer. The plant manager thought I was going to drown. After I climbed out three times to use the bathroom, he figured out that I was okay. B)

Sun

I've walked the plank before, sort of. I toured the Anheuser/Busch plant once and fell off of the gangway over a giant vat of beer. The plant manager thought I was going to drown. After I climbed out three times to use the bathroom, he figured out that I was okay. B)

Sun

The way I heard it, you didn't "fall", you perfomed a perfect Swan Dive.........

Any hotel info yet?

JEL

JEL,

Yes I have had some verbal confirmations back from the hotels but I am waiting to get confirmations in writing from them before posting. Not that I don't take them for their word but a couple of the hotels last year charged a different rate to a couple of pards because they said that all of the reserved rooms were used. I don't want that to happen this year....so if you have a hotel that you stayed in last year or if you are new and want to stay in a hotel that you get points in just go ahead and make your reservation and they can apply the discount code when you arrive. St Augustine is a summer tourist town and they are all very busy right now so they are taking a little while getting me hardcopy prices. I called the main 3 hotels yesterday and told them if they want to stay on the website that they will get me firm prices to post.

Most of the hotels are already getting reservations and they are already giving a preferred rate but I think I can get a little better break. Might be 5 bucks, but 5 bucks is 5 bucks..

Two of the Hotels are wanting to be host Hotel and I will hopefully have that by week end. I have put a fire under them and I'm waiting on one of them to pop. ;)

Also SASS Just awarded us the Match the end of the last week of May and we have been going nonstop the last 5 weeks putting all of the logistics in place and some of our board members were at EOT duriig this time. I could not got to the hotels until the match was confirmed. I host other big matches at the range and don't want to burn bridges by blocking rooms and then not getting the match.

Mis is working on the whos coming page and it should be up by tomorrow. CD Tom was on the phone with Mis till late last night and they have the confirmation letter fixed so as soon as she sends a couple of test ones to my email then we will send out to all who have sent apps.

Thanks for your support and Patience,

Cope

Thanks, Cope,

I already have our applications in and I reserved a hotel, but was going to check the rates once the "host" hotel was posted. Thanks for the response and all the hard work ya'all are doing.

JEL

The way I heard it, you didn't "fall", you perfomed a perfect Swan Dive.........

Swan Dive :lol: I can't see that. A perfect Belly Flop, now that I can see Sun doing! :P

JEL

I have traveled a lot in the past several years and frankly would not put my trust in having a discount applied 'when I arrive' and just make a reservation now. If those reservations are made on the internet, they go thru a company system and I doubt a local evening manager is going to say 'no problem, we'll just reduce your rate today for a reservation you made 5 months ago'. Much better to have rates nailed down, published, code established before making a reservation for this match on your own. I talked with two hotels and they would give no 'preferred rate'; in fact the rates were better via the internet with a AAA club discount. Be aware also that weekley rates in this area are boosted on Fri/Sat nites (I guess for all those discount mall shoppers).

quote name='Buffalo Brady #24830Life' timestamp='1342030711' post='2465553']

. I talked with two hotels and they would give no 'preferred rate'; in fact the rates were better via the internet with a AAA club discount. Be aware also that weekley rates in this area are boosted on Fri/Sat nites (I guess for all those discount mall shoppers).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very strange as I talked to Wingate yesterday and he told me that he had already reservations and that he had given them last years rate and Comfort has told me the same???

This is why it is taking a little time for me to get rates from all of these hotels. We have 10 different hotels that pards stayed at last year because some folks stay in the hotels that they like or get points in. They are all owned by different people so I am talking to 10 different owners and trying to eliminate price varations now. Also the rate will be the same for the entire stay or I will not put them on the website. It will be a flat rate for all dates from tues-sun or I will not recomend them as a place to stay.

Cope

I heard it was three different vats he climbeded out of

BB

Sun

Gamer...those aren't sunglass B) they're goggles

Wyatt

I just made reservations at the Best Western using my AAA and got a rate of 62.99 per night for both weekday and weekend and they said they would adjust if the Siege rate was lower. Arriving on Tues the 8th. Preacherman and I are going to RO again this year as we have enjoyed working together in this capacity. I'm really excited about the shoot and seeing all my ole buds from Florida again....even Wyatt and Sam since they are both old. It's a ways off, but will be here before you know it.

Also, looking forward to seeing Greta the GREAT....lol.

KK

I just made reservations at the Best Western using my AAA and got a rate of 62.99 per night for both weekday and weekend and they said they would adjust if the Siege rate was lower. Arriving on Tues the 8th. Preacherman and I are going to RO again this year as we have enjoyed working together in this capacity. I'm really excited about the shoot and seeing all my ole buds from Florida again....even Wyatt and Sam since they are both old. It's a ways off, but will be here before you know it.

Also, looking forward to seeing Greta the GREAT....lol.

KK

KK,

Thank you, it's nice to know a smart cowboy...I am the Great one....lol

Confirmations are going out as I type. There is also a who is coming page up on the Siege website. If you don't see your name on the website don't worry I don't have most of the RO's and some others who have sent email apps on the page. Mis puts the names on the website when we have all of the paperwork and/or payment if applicable.

I talked to the hotels again this week and was assured they would be back to me by today....but they didn't. I will call them Monday morning and give them till wednesday to give me prices to put on webpage. This is their busy season around here and I understand that they are busy and full, but I will emphasize to them that folks want to get arrangements done.

The time of the match is NOT a busy season for them and they really can use the business so I'm sure that the rates will be good.

Thanks to all,

Cope & Mis

Cypress and Judge em,

We Just got back from the Crabshack with all the kids and grandkids and was talkin to the folks there about the match in Jan and they said that they are ready for us this year. We had 2 of the boil platters for 4 and 6 lbs of snow crab legs and a couple of orders of gator tail. :P

Ate so much that they almost had to wheel us out of there on furniture dollies. :blush:

On another note a few of the hotels called us today and we are just waiting on a couple of others so we should have all hotel info up by the end of the week.

Cope

Mmmmmmmmmmm.........Crabshack

Got to see Bill Bonney and Von Zipper today. Both of ya look good and Zipper's new rig looks great.

Saw Greta The Great, go ahead sweetheart....change your alias to the same.

Dan, maybe one day you'll get that whole lever, trigger, lever, trigger thingie.......

CS

Sent in my app the other day and got my confirmation Saturday!

It's the first one I've received for the Florida State match in 8 years......felt kinda weird......

I'm getting excited and it's 6 months away!!!!!!!!!!! Been hearing bits and pieces about the match. Going to be a GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

for those that don't know....I'm the one whose been SENDING them out for the past 8 years......so I never sent one to myself. I kinda like this RETIRED stuff.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

We got some prices garanteed in writing from a bunch of the hotels. We have the prices posted on the website. Lots of Vendors confirmed already and still getting 1-3 apps in daily.

Lil Mis been sick a few days so if you are waiting on a confirmation email give her a couple of xtra days and she will get them out.

We now have apps from the 2012 WORLD Champion 49er and Wrangler!!!

The 2012 WC 49ers wife and FL State Womens Champ is coming back also... I hear she is pretty good too(Isn't that right DID)... ;)

Seriously though thanks to all and see ya in Jan.

Cope

Archived