SASS Wire Forum

A Big Cypress Creek Cowboys Thank You to all Louisiana State Championship participants.

Howdy Friends,

A big THANK YOU to all the shooters, vendors, sponsors, & especially the Cypress Creek Cowboys members that worked for months to get everything ready in time to pull off two GREAT Louisiana State Championships. It is hard for me to decide if the Wild Bunch State Championship or the Cowboy Action State Championship was the most fun! Just having all of you come shoot with us made it all worth while. We had lots of folks come shoot with us that had never been to our range before...loved having you & hope you come back again real soon. It was so good to see Judge Roy Bean & Justice Lily Kate. The Judge is really looking well & still so full of passion for our sport. We also want to thank Kirkpatrick Leather Company (Mike Kirkpatrick) for supporting our annual & State Championships for the past nine years as our main match sponsor...we REALLY appreciate you Mike. Also, Slipnoose at SASS headquarters is wonderful...THANK YOU for all your help and support.

THE SCORES ARE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE...www.cypresscreekcowboys.com. Congratulations to all the winners & ALL the shooters. We appreciate all of you for attending our match and hope to see you down the trail again real soon.

Your Friends,

Louisiana Lady

Matt Masterson

The Cypress Creek Cowboys

I hope everyone enjoyed coming to the match as much as we enjoyed having ya'll here. I had the chance to visit with some old friends as well as make a few new ones.....and for me, thats what its all about

As far as the competition part, man it was tough crowd. While looking thru the shooters list and putting together posse assignments, it was real obvious that a top 15 at this match would be tough. There were some really strong competitors here. But I also witnessed a couple of top shooters taking time after a day of shooting, spend time with some fairly new shooters helping and showing them a few pointers. Its always great seeing that

I hope to see many of ya'll again soon somewhere down the trail

It was a great match shane, everyone one of you did a wonderful job . I know that it's hard work putting up with everything going on in the match, it seemed as everything ran without a bobble. Your pal, Slick

Smokey, Your entire club put on a first rate match. The one thing that none of us had power over was the heat and humidity on the stages. The Boy Scouts did a fine job of picking up the brass and I was happy to see them receive those extra funds at the end of the match.

The work by Matt and Nora, Ralph, Smokey, Mav Dutchman and all the others Cypress Creek Cowboys was outstanding to say the least.

The water at each stage was a Welcome thing to have also. I was able to shoot with some new cowboys on Posse 3 and that was also worth the price of the shoot. Take Care Fairshake

Archived