SASS Wire Forum

Attention Outlaws

Tn Tombstone

T-Bone Dooley has thrown down the gauntlet to all fellow Outlaws; he is hosting the Intercontinental Outlaw Championship of the World to be hosted at Comin at Cha in 2012. (Thats this year)

This category will be scored as a separate match so we dont mess up the standings. If we get twenty (20) Outlaws at CaC the following has been pledged (as exclusive door prizes) to the Outlaw match:

Blackwater Old West Mercantile has donated a 50X Brims and Trims Hat

Rocking Double J Leatherworks has donated a Hatband

Lady T of Bullet Splat Jewelry has donated Silver to adorn the hatband

Whiskey Creek Johnson is working on Gift Certificates to Olive Garden

T-Bone has pledged a firearm.

Slick McClade Widdermatic action job on a marlin from "Marlin Magic"

We are working on more prizes and I am sure T-Bone will give us updates and more info as the match draws closer. CaC is held in English Texas the first weekend in November and is one of the most fun matches I have ever had the pleasure to attend. The prizes will be awarded as door prizes EXCLUSIVELY to the OUTLAWS, so if there are twenty in the posse that is a 5% chance of winning a $500 hat, a $400 hatband, one of many gift certificates, a $600 firearm, and other prizes.

As T-Bone is so fond of saying...Lets Go to Texas

The following are the rules we will be playing by unless we are over ruled by T-Bone

SAFETY FIRST

All SASS rules apply

All Local Range rules apply

:ph34r:PISTOLS:

- Must be shot from the hip area;

- Elbows must be bent;

- Shooters cannot look down barrel of pistol in any way;

- Pistols must be shot one handed in Duelist style, Double Duelist style, or Gunfighter style (exception allowed for physical handicaps). All SASS rules for each discipline apply.

- Shooters may shoot Duelist style, Double Duelist style, or Gunfighter style according to stage design and shooters choice (i.e., may shoot Gunfighter on one stage and Double Duelist on another stage).

- A shooter may use two hands IF they have a disability that would require using two hands to shoot safely.

- Lady Outlaws may shoot two handed due to a scene in the movie Bad Girls where Anita Crown (Mary Stuart Masterson) shoots two handed, but not fanning.

:ph34r:RIFLE:

- May be shot from the shoulder at the shooters discretion. If range rules prohibit rifles being shot from the hip, the rifle must be shot from the shoulder.

:ph34r:SHOTGUN:

- Must be shot from the hip area. Shotgun targets should be made up, if allowed by club rules. The shotgun can be shouldered on Aerial or other moving targets such as the Texas Star or rabbits.

:ph34r:GENERAL:

- Shooting out of category (i.e., shooting two handed, sighting down the barrel of pistols or shotgun), will incur a procedural for the 1st and 2nd occurrence and a Spirit of the Game penalty for 3rd occurrence.

- No two handed shooting, no fanning, first and foremost be Safe, and have fun.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWWWWW H&LL!! Count me in!! I officialy disqualify myself from elidgability for the hat, which I'm tossing in the ring so to speak. This is the most fun you could possibly have, if you shoot it Black Powder, an' that's what I'ma Gonna' do!!

C'mon y'all!!! Let's make this happen.

As T-Bone says,

"LET'S GO TO TEXAS!!"

If I could afford the trip I would be there to shoot your Outlaw Championship. I just posted this on the wire.

I was at the Ambush at Mill Creek this weekend and saw a couple kind of Dorky Cowboys and one GIANT Red Headed Cowboy walking around with some nice rigs strapped to their hips and in their holsters were Ranch Hands. I heard that The Cowboys are allowing Ranch Hands in their monthly match in the Outlaw class as the shooters pistols and I just read on the Wire that Comin’ at ‘Cha is hoping to host the 2012 Intercontinental Outlaw Championship of the World. If they get enough shooters. What do you think of the Ranch Hands and is it ok to use them as your pistol in the Outlaw class. I want to know because I was one of those Dorks and I own 1 Ranch Hand and I think I need 2 so I can be well balanced when I shoot in the Outlaw class.

P.S. In case you were curios Ranch Hands are so much fun to shoot from the hip.

Thanks B.S.

What are Ranch Hands? I am not familiar with them? If they are SASS legal then yes, if they are 32's we will make fun of you. :rolleyes:

Slick, I aint looking for you young shooters with quick hands and good eye site, wheres your dad? :lol:

Just kidding about not wanting young and quick. everyone is welcome to give us a run.

What are Ranch Hands? I am not familiar with them? If they are SASS legal then yes, if they are 32's we will make fun of you. :rolleyes:

T.T. Ranch Hands are the little '92 Wanted Dead Or Alive cutdown lever guns. :rolleyes::lol::wacko:

Slick, I aint looking for you young shooters with quick hands and good eye site, wheres your dad? :lol:

LMAO......no worries....Slick is quick indeed & his Old Man can't even come close to his times, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside when shooting from the hip...LOL

This is the weekend after Bordertown, so if I can work out the finances & 2 weeks vacation I'll be there.

Chance, that is the way I have to do it, it does make a great vacation, two great matches with plenty to do at each one.

It has already started so here is the first clairafacation

Hip area is between the hip and chest. Dont even think to ask me about chest area. I anit that dumb or crazy. :rolleyes:

Bullshooter, I do not see why the Outlaws can't shoot the Ranch hand rifle.. This match is a stand alone separate match and will be scored that way.... Outlaw is not an approved SASS category and is not recognized by some clubs. I feel it is safe and very entertaining for the spectators...The rules will be simple. We are not trying to start something new, just having fun... I promise the Outlaw posse at CAC will be filled with hooten,hollering,laughter and dedication of the OUTLAW way of the old west. Y'all sign up for OUTLAW and lets play the game just like we did when we were little kids. T-Bone

Bullshooter, I do not see why the Outlaws can't shoot the Ranch hand rifle.. This match is a stand alone separate match and will be scored that way.... Outlaw is not an approved SASS category and is not recognized by some clubs. I feel it is safe and very entertaining for the spectators...The rules will be simple. We are not trying to start something new, just having fun... I promise the Outlaw posse at CAC will be filled with hooten,hollering,laughter and dedication of the OUTLAW way of the old west. Y'all sign up for OUTLAW and lets play the game just like we did when we were little kids. T-Bone

If I wasn't going to Bordertown the week before, I'd be making plans to strap on my pair of Ranch Hands and head east. Sounds like soooo much fun

T-Bone, will you broker the deal with my missus to be gone not one week, but two? Then can I sleep on someone's couch when she answers? :blink:

Seriously, I'd go because it sounds like a bag full of laughs. Maybe next time.

IROT

Just thinking here. As I don't shoot Outlaw.

BUT.

If the Mares Leg is to be shoot for the pistol part.

And in Outlaw you have to shoot pistols Duelist, DD, Or GFer.

Just how is that going to work????? Shooting a lever gun with just one hand from the hip????

Just thinking here. As I don't shoot Outlaw.

BUT.

If the Mares Leg is to be shoot for the pistol part.

And in Outlaw you have to shoot pistols Duelist, DD, Or GFer.

Just how is that going to work????? Shooting a lever gun with just one hand from the hip????

Gotta' spin it like "The Duke" or "Lucas McCain" :wacko: :wacko:

We don't know either Al, I just think it will look cool... Shooting a Ranchhand will be a definite disadvantage to the shooter and this match is the Intercontinental Championship. It is not a SASS approved category.. The match will be scored separately so not to impose or infringe on any SASS Rules. Hell I might even wear a Red sash and be lookin' for Wyatt Earp.... T-Bone

T Bone, is going to be a outlaw shoot at CAC?When is it? Can anyone shoot it?

BTT for all the right reasons!! :lol:

Pushing to the top for more Outlaws to see :rolleyes: .

Wow, Texas in November! Cool temperatures with a nice breeze to push along the Outlaw black powder smoke....HEAVEN!

"Ima callin you out"...."T-Bone has thrown down the gauntlet" :o

How can we say no? Talked it over with Fannie Kicker last night. She has had a ball whenever she's shot Lady Outlaw. I don't shoot it all the time but it truly is a blast. Looks like the LUV MACHINE occupants just might be shootin OUTLAW at CAC this year! And Judge'em'All & Yazoo, I'll be belchin fire and smoke with ya! YEEHAW! :P

Titus A.(DAYUM I LUV THIS GAME!) Gnatsass

We don't know either Al, I just think it will look cool... Shooting a Ranchhand will be a definite disadvantage to the shooter and this match is the Intercontinental Championship. It is not a SASS approved category.. The match will be scored separately so not to impose or infringe on any SASS Rules. Hell I might even wear a Red sash and be lookin' for Wyatt Earp.... T-Bone

Remember the theme this year T-Bone....ya might wanta make that a PINK sash. ;)

Titus,, Yep !!!!!! Are You Tough Enough to Wear Pink?????? I am.....Now who can we get to built us 20 pink sash's ??????? Outlaw is the most talked about category in SASS right now it just seems right to honor the Class with The Intercontinental Championship name. Spur Roberts is building a belt suitable for and professional shooter to wear..Throw all the BULL in the ditch and lets have a true GUNFIGHT just like in the movies """"""from the hip""""""" T-Bone

Let's see now. I signed up in the 3 Step for FCD. After two events I have two third place finishes, each worth one point. So that means I got, ummmm, two points. Yosumight has gots two second place finishes, so's his total is four points. You gets three points for a win, so if'n I break screw with his sights, I could beat him, but he's gotta do no better than fourth. A third and we's all tied up. That leaves Billy Boots, or as I call him Ol Man River. He's got two first place finishes (imagine that) out of two events. Can't nobody catch him, no way , no how. Cept'n if I remeber right you golts to participate in each leg to place. If I can figure a way to keep him off the line completely I'm a shoe in. I could buy him an Elk hunt in Alaska for that weekend, but is it worth $2500 to be number one?

So the only logical conclusion is that I gotta be pretty in pink and kick some Outlaw Azz!

You tell em I'm comin and hells comin with me!

I see it the same way Goob ---I mean Goody... We will be in for the big prizes also......We might even get someone to Video the epic event and make You famous.....

Thanks Rocky and Noah who doesn't know yet !!!!!!!

Could this be the largest Intercontinental Championship match ever????? ;)

Thanks T-Bone

TT, yu gots me ta thinnin....but iffa Ize wur tu shute OUTLAW, Ide hav tu change my alias to TRUTH,,,,,cuz.....You couldn't deal with tha Truth! or sumthin lik thit....

cudn't resist!!!

not so sure bout CAC this year,,,we'll see..

Cheyenne

Well it looks like the Outlaws are comin' outa' the hideouts an' takin' up the challenge. We gonna' have a BLAST and there's no doubt about that!!

PINK OUTLAWS and Black Powder!! How could you pass up such a chance to shoot with this bunch of characters???

:lol: I'll be there if I hafta' hitch-hike!! :lol:

Well, Slick McClade has offered a Widdermatic action job on a marlin from "Marlin Magic" to someone on the Outlaw Posse if we get 20 of us. I dont shoot a Marlin so the odds go up a little.

Might as well! Can't do any worse than I have done in FCD BP........I shoot "outlaw" style with my revolvers so I'll need some practice with the shotgun. And, I'll just fill my pickup truck's bed with shotgun shells just to be sure. See ya there!

and the Donations keep rollin'in !!!!!! Sign up for Outlaw and leave with some really cool door prizes {{ If Your Lucky]]. Lets see 1. action job by Slick

2. 50X hat from Blackwater

3. leather butt cover from Noah

4. 4 gift certificates from Olive Garden by Whiskey Creek

5. 1 quart of Lemonade from Copperhead Joe

6. Bullet Splat Jewelry from Lady Tombstone

7. Nice hatband from Rockin JP Tanner

8. USFA Rodeo 45lc w/ Long Hunter action job from the Bar 3

9. anyone else want to donate?????? a door prize for the Outlaw

10. a custom embroidery Outlaw Hats from Outlaw Entertainment--Mose Spencer

11. The World Champion Belt by Spur Roberts...

12. 20 Pink sash, donated by Joe Boy

Now thats some good odds. Sign up for the Outlaw Posse and be part of the Intercontinental Championship.

T-Bone

T-Bone, look what you started, now we got Outlaws crawling out of the woodwork. I love it.

Lets Go to Texas, Outlaw Style

Archived