SASS Wire Forum

Posse for non-smokers

Having said that I just move out of the smokers way ,,,,,,,, And I will starting Now, politely ask that anyone timing for me refrain from smoking or hand off to another ...

Jabez Cowboy

A very reasonable & courteous approach and request while on the firing line.

Salute.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if the timer operator tells ya to go to the back of the line and shoot after him? That way he won't be timing for ya. :lol:

Remember the TO is in charge of the stage, correct?

We had a older gent that walks with two crutches (the kind that clip at the elbow ) and we let him shoot !!!

We have a "COWBOY" carry his longarm for him to were he needs to shoot and hold one of his crutches while he shoots his rifle and shotgun and stage his longguns .....

I suppose that in your perfect world he would just stop shooting and get out of the way for you perfect people ,,, or at the very least you would take-away at least one of his crutches .... As he does lean on one somewhat to shoot his longguns !!!

Up here we welcome him !!! and there is offten far more shooters offering to help him than it is possible to use ,,, but that's just here ....

He plays a mean guitar and knows all the old western songs for our sing-a-longs around the fire ,,,, shoots just wouldn't be the same with-out him .... And just for your info ,,, he took a bullets threw both knees while piloting a bomber flying to preserve freedom for all ... Yep he's old and half-crippled ,,, but I rate him 100 times the cowboy you appear to be !!!

Jabez Cowboy

We had a older gent that walks with two crutches (the kind that clip at the elbow ) and we let him shoot !!!

We have a "COWBOY" carry his longarm for him to were he needs to shoot and hold one of his crutches while he shoots his rifle and shotgun and stage his longguns .....

I suppose that in your perfect world he would just stop shooting and get out of the way for you perfect people ,,, or at the very least you would take-away at least one of his crutches .... As he does lean on one somewhat to shoot his longguns !!!

Up here we welcome him !!! and there is offten far more shooters offering to help him than it is possible to use ,,, but that's just here ....

He plays a mean guitar and knows all the old western songs for our sing-a-longs around the fire ,,,, shoots just wouldn't be the same with-out him .... And just for your info ,,, he took a bullets threw both knees while piloting a bomber flying to preserve freedom for all ... Yep he's old and half-crippled ,,, but I rate him 100 times the cowboy you appear to be !!!

Jabez Cowboy

You fellers north of heaven, sure are nice to be helpin that old man. And im sure he'd get treated the same shooting down this way. But what the hell does this story have to do with smoking??

Jabez Cowboy

I'm with Bane...what the hell does this have to do with anything?????

No...yer right...we usually take those types of folks back of the shead and beat the liven daylights outta him...or her.

OY!

:wacko:

gosh

what is happening in :FlagAm:

what is happening to SASS / CAS :unsure:

when I first read this post

I thought it was just fer fun (joshin) :wacko:

I dont smoke

I do shoot BP

99.999999999999999999% of SASS / CAS shoots are done out doors

why dont we just split and divide ourselves

till there is NOTHING LEFT

:ph34r: arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg mate-eeeeeeeeeeeeee :ph34r:

I don't smoke anymore, except for the occasional cigar, but the notion of a non smoking posse is just plain Absurd!

it's an outside event, and we have enough restrictions in our lives imposed by the Gov't and others..let the smokers enjoy themselves at an outdoors SASS match and leave them the hell alone....and remember, i don't even smoke!

I have never seen anyone smoking while loading or anywhere that it might be a real issue.I do agree that in drought stricken areas and to reduce fire hazards (black Powder can also be a hazard in extremely dry conditions) there should be a designated smoking area.

NOTE: Why the hell then does SASS allow pop up smoking ads on the Wire if it's such a big deal to anyone in SASS re smokers?

Bane & Phanton,

I think what Jebez is enforcing is, in compliance with the rule book, making this sport accessable to everyone. Accomadations shall be made for handicaped folks. On the same hand, some of us have a hell of a time breathing in ciggarette smoke. I THINK I will never beat duece stevens, I KNOW I will never beat him while under the infuence of cigg smoke. I'm not gonna quit shooting & stay home, as THAT would make me a sissy. (Someone earlier griped, "single action sissy society"). for those of you who didn't get my joke about terrorists & mustard gas, that was in responce to all the people saying, "but we shoot outside!" What's a little segrigation? We'll still do lunch after the match. I'll be UP WIND, at the same tabe with my smoking friends (most of whom are very friendly & social) & I wanna hear all about how your posse did.

Shouldn't be a problem having a non-smoking posse at EOT this year, with the low numbers that it looks like are showing up!!

If it turns out that there is a low turnout at EOT, seems that it would be better to have a smoking posse instead of a non-smoking posse.

All I can say is that cigarette smoke gives me headaches and is one of the reasons I stopped smoking.......if that makes me a sissy, so be it......by-all-means, go ahead and smoke away.......my headaches should not be your concern. like I stated earlier, outside or in a semi-open stage setting the smoke usually doesn't bother me (can't speak for others)......when I can no longer shoot around cigarette smoke, I will stay home.......BP smoke does not affect me at all.......but, this bickering on the internet about such issues might discourage new members.......just my two cents.......

Shot a monthly match today. One pipe smoker, one cigerette smoker and two BP shooters,,, out of 17 total shooters....... Damn BP :D

Pipe and cigerette smokers stood back and off to the side....BP persons stood front and center.. :lol:

Blastmaster

Shot a monthly match today. One pipe smoker, one cigerette smoker and two BP shooters,,, out of 17 total shooters....... Damn BP :D

Pipe and cigerette smokers stood back and off to the side....BP persons stood front and center.. :lol:

Blastmaster

You're only standing front and center if people are clustered around you. They have the option to run away.

Sometimes they do. :lol:

You're only standing front and center if people are clustered around you. They have the option to run away.

Sometimes they do. :lol:

Where were you UB?? You could've been the ring leader of the BP shooters? Causing smoke and flame and fire and BOOMS and loose fillings for all in Parrott City.? :)

Coming tomorrow? If so, I will check wind direction. LOL

Y'all know what I say, right??

"Smoke 'em, if you've got 'em!!"

^ ^click the link above and you'll see just what I mean^ ^

COOL!...big time! B)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hi Folks,

At lunch yesterday, I was talking to a couple of pards who run a non-SASS cowboy club and I told them about this thread. They told me they do not allow smoking on the line (LT to ULT) at their club.

I only noticed one smoker on my posse yesterday, he lit up and stepped away from everyone.

Just saying...

Regards,

Allie Mo

:FlagAm:

Does not seem to be a problem at any of the shoots I have been to So I do not see a reason for the seperate posse. I am a former smoker that quite for health reason. Right after I stopped the smoke and smell did bother a little, but not anymore. If for safety reasons, fire ban, I think everyone would be fine with it and should take place.

Crosscut Jack

it must be the voices in my head

make-in me say this

boy I miss the good old days of stage writtin

you R sitting at the poker table

with a cigar in your mouth

at the beep, you blow a smoke ring

then, with your pistols, smoke the dude sitting straight acrose frm ya

then ya, throw the cigar in the spitoon

grab yer shotgun and blast the mirror behind the bartender

then, ya wait for matt dillon, and with yer rifle ya ????????

:lol::lol::lol:

ok, how bout somethin serious

I say, no large soda's on the line

nope

not any more :unsure::unsure:

Archived