SASS Wire Forum

E Bay is wiseing up!

Jack Houston # 35508

Just got this e-mail from them!

Dear loneriderleather,

We want to inform you eBay's Hunting category has expanded to include more items, which could mean more buyers and sales for you. Now you can list the following firearm parts and accessories on the eBay US site (eBay.com) with domestic shipping:

Enbloc clips

Barrels

Bolts

Choke tubes

Cylinders

Firing pins

Hammers

Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)

Slides

Trigger assemblies

Important Guidelines

We take the update to the Hunting category seriously and will monitor these items vigilantly for compliance with the eBay firearms policy and all relevant laws and regulations. If your listing does not meet the requirements of this policy, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions to your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account. Keep in mind these important guidelines when listing any of these firearm parts and accessories:

You may now show your accessories on a firearm in your photo, as long as it is not an assault weapon and there is no indication in the listing that the firearm is included in the sale.

You and all of the items listed must be located in the US and you must only offer domestic shipping on these items.

Listing accessories related to assault weapons is still prohibited on eBay. If your accessory is compatible with other weapons as well as assault weapons, you may list it, but may not mention any assault weapon compatibility. The listing of firearms, replica firearms, ammunition, and other firearm-related items is still prohibited on eBay. Please carefully review the site policy that outlines firearm restrictions before listing these items, and be sure your listings—titles, descriptions, and photos—are in compliance with the new update.

Sell more and grow

Since opening up the category, there has been significant demand for these items, so don't miss this opportunity to sell more and reach more buyers by offering additional firearms parts and accessories on eBay. Expanding your inventory to offer these products can help grow your business. Take advantage of the update and start listing more items today.

Have a great day and thank you for selling on eBay!

You still have to watch your language, I put a bunch of items on including some AR 15 mag followers and they were pulled from auction since the description said "AR 15" Did see some Mags and Barrels with no hassle though.

Who cares! They already burned the bridge with me. They did not want my business and now won't get it because they are hurting and need more sales. :angry:

Who cares! They already burned the bridge with me. They did not want my business and now won't get it because they are hurting and need more sales. :angry:

+2

Pay Pal is the real villian in my book or I think EBAY would open it all up. Pay Pal needs a competitor big time.

Pay Pal kept my money for a month because I was ignorant of their policy on guns.

Being a CA company I wonder if they use the CA definition of an assault rifle. Probably not since an AR style rifle with fixed stock wo/ threaded barrel that requires a "TOOL" to remove the magazine is not an assault rifle. Still looks evil.

I got a call from eBay today telling me about these new policies.

I asked the gal why they made changes and she stated it was "because lots of people were asking to buy these types of items."

She also asked if I had these types of items for sale. Odd question I thought.

Archived