SASS Wire Forum

Open Category

crooked jake,4371

Hi Jake,

The vote was

For: 130=45.77%

Against: 152=53.52%

Abstain: 2=.070%

As it did not get even a simple majority, it cannot be on the agenda for, IIRC, three years.

Had it received a simple majority it could be on the next agenda.

Regards,

Allie

OK if they want it all they have to do is redefine the rules

Hi Joe Boy,

The following are my notes on the item and clarifications.

"

Current SASS rules would apply and no new guns, equipment or accessories would be added.

It was clarified that the category would include all shooting styles and the shooting style could be different on each stage.

A motion was made to add an Open Ladies category. The motion was not voted on as the item was intended to allow all to compete in the Open Category.

"

Regards,

Allie Mo

Howdy Jake, you may be able to get it on the agenda this year by asking for a change in the wording to the age based categories. Simply allow GF style in the age based categories and the need for a whole new category is mute. As it stands right now you can shoot any caliber, any propelant, any firearm, and any shooting style except GF. We don't need a new category, just the deletion of two words "except Gunfighter" As a FCGF I would gladly support this. Good Luck :)

From the Shooters Handbook page 12;

AGE BASED

• Any Main Match revolver.

• Revolvers may be shot any style except Gunfighter.

• May use any SASS–legal main match shotgun and any main match rifle.

• May use any SASS–legal ammunition.

Change to;

AGE BASED

• Any Main Match revolver.

• Revolvers may be shot any style.

• May use any SASS–legal main match shotgun and any main match rifle.

• May use any SASS–legal ammunition.

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Point is not mute nor is it moot. Sure anyone all of us should be able to shoot GF style at any time we feel like it.

But that is not the point of an Open category. The point is that is where all the hot shoes should be. And crazy folk like me.

An agenda item that loses by 2/3 vote cannot be revisited for 3 years. If it lost by less than 2/3 it can come back next year.

Once an agenda item has been defeated by a two thirds majority of the Territorial Governors, the basic premise of that agenda item, however reworded, cannot re-appear on the summit agenda for a period of three years.

The Wild Bunch would have the authority to revisit any agenda item as necessary.

"Territorial Bulletin" - October 2003 page 4

(reiterated in the 2009 TG Summit minutes)

• 2. Should we allow the use of the Gunfighter shooting style in all age based categories except the Buckaroo and Junior categories?

Failed 137 for, 140 against, 1 abstained

• 2. Should we allow the use of the Gunfighter shooting style in all age based categories except the Buckaroo and Junior categories?

Great!! It's been three years, how do we get this back on the agenda?? :huh:

Great!! It's been three years, how do we get this back on the agenda?? :huh:

Tell us again why you can not shoot gunfighter in the gunfighter catagory?

No age restriction that I know of in th GF cat.

Darn few GF at the matches I attend. Less that 10 for sure. Not for sure there is even five. Probably more at the mega matches, but nothing in comparison to the 49r, Senior and SS catagories.

So, all you GF, tells us again? Or just stirring the pot?

Can't we all just get along ?????? Shoot Outlaw, You'll have so much fun YOU won't sweat the small stuff...

Amen, Brother T-Bone.

And Outlaws CAN shoot Gunfighter!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Gunfighter is more fun than any other Category with the exception of OUTLAW.

Point is not mute nor is it moot. Sure anyone all of us should be able to shoot GF style at any time we feel like it.

But that is not the point of an Open category. The point is that is where all the hot shoes should be. And crazy folk like me.

Is a hot shoe like a hot foot?

Or is that moot? :lol:

Tell us again why you can not shoot gunfighter in the gunfighter catagory?

No age restriction that I know of in th GF cat.

I don't know what the hay yer talkin about, of course you can shoot GF in GF. In all the aged based categories you can shoot any SASS firearm, any SASS powder, and any SASS shooting style, except GF

Darn few GF at the matches I attend. Less that 10 for sure. Not for sure there is even five. Probably more at the mega matches, but nothing in comparison to the 49r, Senior and SS catagories.

So, all you GF, tells us again? Or just stirring the pot?

I aint't stirring the pot it's the other folks that want an Open category so they can shoot GF too. We don't need an Open category, just allow GF style in the aged based categories and problem solved. Good Luck :)

I aint't stirring the pot it's the other folks that want an Open category so they can shoot GF too. We don't need an Open category, just allow GF style in the aged based categories and problem solved. Good Luck :)

no!! If someone whats to shoot GF, then go over to the GF sandbox and blaze away. There is a GF sandbox already. No need to smear GF into all the other catagories.

Thanks PaleWolf

Miss Allie ,thanks for how stuff went down,way to many sleep and wake ups since that all went down

and all the other replies

Some ranges don't allow outlaw.....too many houses to close ......since you can't really control who can try that ......I understand the concerns.

Its not just about shooting gunfighter ......its about freedom,choices and abilities..........I can't explain any better than that .........so I will go away now .

Ya all have a fine day. <<<<<<<<<< truely wishin this ,not bein flip about it ............wantin more and not really knowin how to do it,or if it can be done is all.

Archived