SASS Wire Forum

Whats the Call?

Hi and Welcome Cowgirl Annie,

If you noticed, most posts were supporting the youngin'. Take heart that folks who don't are in the minority.

We argue more on the Wire than at matches. Matches are much friendlier.

Also, when I went to Illinois a few years ago, I was made to feel like family by people I only knew through the Wire. They are best friends forever now!

I hope you will give us a chance. I know you won't regret it.

Regards,

Allie "who gets rubbed the wrong way and lashes out on the Wire on occasion too" :o Mo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annie,

Fortunately, you'll find some people on the Wire and people at the matches are nothing alike. The vast majority are friendly and encourage each other.

Welcome!

Doc

Hi and Welcome Cowgirl Annie,

If you noticed, most posts were supporting the youngin'. Take heart that folks who don't are in the minority.

We argue more on the Wire than at matches. Matches are much friendlier.

Also, when I went to Illinois a few years ago, I was made to feel like family by people I only knew through the Wire. They are best friends forever now!

I hope you will give us a chance. I know you won't regret it.

Regards,

Allie "who gets rubbed the wrong way and lashes out on the Wire on occasion too" :o Mo

Hi Allie. Yes, I noticed most were in support of this child. I was just shocked that anyone had anything negative to say about a child as a result of his exceptional shooting abilities. I can only hope that his father is correct and that he stays off of the forums. Thank you for the kind welcome.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I have recently discovered that Cowboy Action Shooting exists and was very interested in learning more about the sport and hoping to go out and meet some nice down-to-earth people since I enjoy shooting. Unfortunately, after cruising some of the postings lately, there seems to be huge controversies over the exceptional abilities of a child?? What in the world?? Maybe this isn't the sport for me after all. I was hoping to find a sport that encourages our youngsters and can be family oriented. Or maybe, if I join, I won't be trashed too much since I'm not that fast? However, if I get fast... is it common to get the crap beat out of you on the forums? Is this practice also common in the mounted shooting sport?? Let me know so I understand the rules before I get involved.

Howdy Cowgirl. no its rare that people get beat up on the wire and like Allie says, in person they are often very friendly and helpfull. My suggeation before you decide that this isnt the party for you is go out to a local match and meet the folks face to face. I warn you though, it IS addictive, just ask my daughter Ruthless Ruthie (who will be here for the CVR shootout)

What the heck is that have to do with a cell phone??? C'mon are you guys living in an alternate universe or sum thin???? Geez Loueeze, some of you are TG''s and you're condoning this kind of behavior?????Unbelievable!

For you and for you,alone, I Joe Boy well have my wife(she is also my girlfriend) tx me during a stage in a mo. match and tx her back and see if i can beat his time ,you try it, it just might be fun.

Howdy Cowgirl. no its rare that people get beat up on the wire and like Allie says, in person they are often very friendly and helpfull. My suggeation before you decide that this isnt the party for you is go out to a local match and meet the folks face to face. I warn you though, it IS addictive, just ask my daughter Ruthless Ruthie (who will be here for the CVR shootout)

Hello Mr. Jack. I have been to watch one match and totally enjoyed it. Then I logged onto this forum and started reading. If people rarely get beat up on the wire, why do they want to beat up on a kid? I watched the video posted on this thread and all I can say "I can't believe I just saw a child do that!". I'm glad to see that most people support him. However, I just don't understand how so much controversy can be stirred up over one child, even though he is exceptional. My hat is definitely tipped to all of you that staunchly stay in his corner. I do appreciate the welcome sentiments, so I will try visiting another match.

Hello Mr. Jack. I have been to watch one match and totally enjoyed it. Then I logged onto this forum and started reading. If people rarely get beat up on the wire, why do they want to beat up on a kid? I watched the video posted on this thread and all I can say "I can't believe I just saw a child do that!". I'm glad to see that most people support him. However, I just don't understand how so much controversy can be stirred up over one child, even though he is exceptional. My hat is definitely tipped to all of you that staunchly stay in his corner. I do appreciate the welcome sentiments, so I will try visiting another match.

Like life it self you well find bad people in about any thing we do today but,that being said at least 96% of sass shooters are greeeeet.Very few are TWO FACES, VERY FEW Do not like being Beat by a 13 year old ,some of us do not understand some of the rules changes ,If you find out that a shooter is one of the BAD ones just do not shoot with them ,

I do not know where you live but, if you are any where near English, texas or Fort Parker, texas give us a try ,

You welll have a BALL

Cowgirl Annie, welcome!

Folks in cowboy action shooting are often like a family, and are very passionate about the game. And just like families, sometimes disagreements will ensue.

Part of what I love about the game is that there are many different ways to enjoy it. Some folks really get into costuming, others into the hard core competition, and others mostly the social side.

Don't let a few knuckleheads here on the wire scare you away any more than you would that weird uncle that nobody wants to sit next to at holiday meals.

Grizz

I have recently discovered that Cowboy Action Shooting exists and was very interested in learning more about the sport and hoping to go out and meet some nice down-to-earth people since I enjoy shooting. Unfortunately, after cruising some of the postings lately, there seems to be huge controversies over the exceptional abilities of a child?? What in the world?? Maybe this isn't the sport for me after all. I was hoping to find a sport that encourages our youngsters and can be family oriented. Or maybe, if I join, I won't be trashed too much since I'm not that fast? However, if I get fast... is it common to get the crap beat out of you on the forums? Is this practice also common in the mounted shooting sport?? Let me know so I understand the rules before I get involved.

Annie I'm not sure where you are from but you are always welcome in our neck of the woods! Yes I am that speedy little Rattlesnake's father. I'm not real sure why some people have to bash him the way they do. I guess it's just them being disatisfied with thereselves and they feel the need to pick on someone that is smaller and younger than they are. They probably don't like all the attention he gets either and the only way for them to get attention is to stir the pot behind a keyboard. It's kind of like a kid that acts out in order to get attention I'm sure. I think it comes from bad upbringing possibly. My mom always taught me that if I didn't have anything good to say about someone then don't say anything at all. Evidently they didn't have those teachings when they grew up. Anyway, I do feel for those people and spending time inside their heads must be a challenge. We simply just move forward and do the best we can do. I don't hold an hostility towards anyone that has a different opinion than me on this. I just hope you don't base your decision on joining this sport or not from what you read on the wire.

Come shoot with us anytime! I know a young man that would be happy to show you the way!

Colt

Hey Rye, OD here, I was the one posted that. We could go back & forth until our fingers fell off and it wouldn't make any difference, if it’s not acceptable behavior while driving an automobile you wouldn’t think it would be acceptable behavior while shooting a handgun. If someone believes using a cell phone on a hot firing line is safe behavior and consistent with what SASS was founded for, then no amount of good sense (common or otherwise) is going to make a bit of difference. See you soon.

Annie I'm not sure where you are from but you are always welcome in our neck of the woods! Yes I am that speedy little Rattlesnake's father. I'm not real sure why some people have to bash him the way they do. I guess it's just them being disatisfied with thereselves and they feel the need to pick on someone that is smaller and younger than they are. They probably don't like all the attention he gets either and the only way for them to get attention is to stir the pot behind a keyboard. It's kind of like a kid that acts out in order to get attention I'm sure. I think it comes from bad upbringing possibly. My mom always taught me that if I didn't have anything good to say about someone then don't say anything at all. Evidently they didn't have those teachings when they grew up. Anyway, I do feel for those people and spending time inside their heads must be a challenge. We simply just move forward and do the best we can do. I don't hold an hostility towards anyone that has a different opinion than me on this. I just hope you don't base your decision on joining this sport or not from what you read on the wire.

Come shoot with us anytime! I know a young man that would be happy to show you the way!

Colt

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. :-) I hope to meet you all someday soon. I also hope the "Rattlesnake bashing" ends and he continues to receive only the positive attention from his obvious supporters. I'm delighted to see he has fun at his sport. Isn't that what "sport" is about after all? Are there any Facebook pages for local shooting clubs in Texas, or do you know?

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. :-) I hope to meet you all someday soon. I also hope the "Rattlesnake bashing" ends and he continues to receive only the positive attention from his obvious supporters. I'm delighted to see he has fun at his sport. Isn't that what "sport" is about after all? Are there any Facebook pages for local shooting clubs in Texas, or do you know?

Yes we have one it's Old Fort Parker Patriots. You can search for me on Facebook too just search Colt Faro.

Hey Rye, OD here, I was the one posted that. We could go back & forth until our fingers fell off and it wouldn't make any difference, if it’s not acceptable behavior while driving an automobile you wouldn’t think it would be acceptable behavior while shooting a handgun. If someone believes using a cell phone on a hot firing line is safe behavior and consistent with what SASS was founded for, then no amount of good sense (common or otherwise) is going to make a bit of difference. See you soon.

He wasn't shooting his hand guns and didn't even have a gun I his hand. Bash on mate your making yourself look like a real winner. It's your integrity that's getting damaged here.

Really, your comparison is flawed. If he had continued trying to shoot while texting it would be comparable. What he did would be the equivalent of pulling over to use the phone, which I wish a lot of folks would do.

Cowgirl Annie,

1st, Welcome to the Forum. 2nd, The Wire ain't SASS, and SASS ain't The Wire. Folks are generally supportive and positive. But, like any organization with over 3 memebers, there's likely to be some controversy or other! As far as any Facebook stuff. There's the SASS Facebook page, And a host of individual pages. As for any particular TX club... I'm unware.

Look I've got nothing against the shooter, don't even know him. All I'm saying is in the Spirit of Cowboy Action Shooting there's no room for answering a cell phone, text or call, while on the firing line. I'm not posting on this anymore and I won't even read this thread anymore so.............. fire away and ya'll have fun!!

Rye!

Cowgirl Annie,

1st, Welcome to the Forum. 2nd, The Wire ain't SASS, and SASS ain't The Wire. Folks are generally supportive and positive. But, like any organization with over 3 memebers, there's likely to be some controversy or other! As far as any Facebook stuff. There's the SASS Facebook page, And a host of individual pages. As for any particular TX club... I'm unware.

Facebook pages

Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/276584879089594/

Fort Parker Patriots

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/282034005155457/

Also you can go here and follow links to most Texas clubs (and all other SASS affiliated clubs).

http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Texas

These 4 people are so messed up.No matter what they say now.They were wrong and will never be right.I hope they get a life because they sure don't have the cowboy or cowgirl way in them.Go Rattlesnake.

I had the pleasure of meeting and observing RW at both Ft. Parker and Texas State. His skill with arms is astonishing, his sportsmanship is unquestioned and his behavior is more adult than some of the grown men posting on this forum. I stated elsewhere that he is going to continue to "grow up", continue to get faster and continue to win for a very long time. What more could we ask for?

If he has a little fun along the way all the better.

Olen

These 4 people are so messed up.No matter what they say now.They were wrong and will never be right.I hope they get a life because they sure don't have the cowboy or cowgirl way in them.Go Rattlesnake.

here I am the one and only Joe Boy (Happy Fat Man)

and the 4 or 5 who have their head in the sand well never see the light.

They changed the (rules) because of a 13 yr. old and it sure could hurt SASS in the long run.

Now the top hand RATTLESNAKE is getting ragged on for having some safe fun so what .

GO RATTLESNAKE

p.s.

Colt you are doing one h-- of a job ,keep it up but,in a big match have him turn off his phone,because if he out shoots them and has answered his tx.

they well redefine the rules again.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Facebook pages

Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/276584879089594/

Fort Parker Patriots

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/282034005155457/

Also you can go here and follow links to most Texas clubs (and all other SASS affiliated clubs).

http://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Texas

Thank you!!

Archived