SASS Wire Forum

Food For Thought

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary Website -

Definition of ENABLER

: one that enables another to achieve an end; especially : one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior (as substance abuse) by providing excuses or by making it possible to avoid the consequences of such behavior

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary Website -

Definition of ENABLER

: one that enables another to achieve an end; especially : one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior (as substance abuse) by providing excuses or by making it possible to avoid the consequences of such behavior

You mean like how some of us were "enabling" you to dig yourself into a deeper hole in that thread you started where you said something about "spouses and other wild critters?"

;):lol::D

You mean like how some of us were "enabling" you to dig yourself into a deeper hole in that thread you started where you said something about "spouses and other wild critters?"

;):lol::D

Joe, That's 'xactly what I am talking about! You and my "pards" hung me up, left me out to dry, and then shot arrows of insult at me - rolling on the floor laughing the whole time!!! But the Karma bus is on it's way!!

"You got me on the run

I'm driving in my BUS now

Anticipating fun

I'm driving right up to you, babe

I guess that you couldn't see, yeah yeah

But your under my wheels

Why don't you let me be "

Bucky (who's about to lose his license) Buscadero :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Aw mon chere...dat ole cheapskatin bus driver witout no license gonna buy you two guns...musta been a good talkin to you gave him yeah :)

one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior (as substance abuse)

I just enabled myself to three fingers of Cognac after a hard day working at the range. :) I LIKE being an enabler. :blush:

Bucky....da word Enabler means, dat mean ole timer operator, who's always lookin' over my shoulder....

Dat spotters, who say I missed dis many, when I can see da cloud of dust clearly just over da top of da target. !

And dem score keepers...always writin' in da wrong spots fer my time and so called misses !

Dat's what "ENABLER" means to me ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw mon chere...dat ole cheapskatin bus driver witout no license gonna buy you two guns...musta been a good talkin to you gave him yeah :)

Couyon - respond to you as soon as I find the correct spelling for the term that, phonetically, sounds like "fee-be-taan"

:rolleyes:

Bucky

[quo got three te name=Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381' timestamp='1337473128' post='2433793]

I just enabled myself to three fingers of Cognac after a hard day working at the range. :) I LIKE being an enabler. :blush:

Okie, That sounds darn fine. Got three more to spare? ;)

Dear Bucky,

I think my ammo, gun...boy needs to talk to you. If you saw my post on the thread that instigated this thread, you might understand his philosophy. Sometimes folks go too far, become irritating, say things they shouldn't. They are still part of our SASS family. I've only met a few that I would totally write off and TS is not one of them. Until I've seen him do destructive things in person or have it from a trustworthy source that he is a scary dude, I will cut him some slack, especially after his humble apology and in an online environment.

I don't know what in your background prevents you from having empathy for him, I hope you can overcome those feelings. Or, just put him on "ignore."

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Bucky....da word Enabler means, dat mean ole timer operator, who's always lookin' over my shoulder....

Dat spotters, who say I missed dis many, when I can see da cloud of dust clearly just over da top of da target. !

And dem score keepers...always writin' in da wrong spots fer my time and so called misses !

Dat's what "ENABLER" means to me ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Pache, What the term for the guy doin' the lookin' over his shoulder? That'd be me about now. And damn. if you're calling dat enabler an old time operator - he must be Ancient!!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Bucky (hiding from the young operator 'Pache) Buscadero

Couyon - respond to you as soon as I find the correct spelling for the term that, phonetically, sounds like "fee-be-taan"

:rolleyes:

Bucky

I believe the word is "fils-putain"....and I've called worse :)

Krazy (who had some coyoun cousins what taught him to swear in Cajun French) Kajun

Dear Bucky,

I think my ammo, gun...boy needs to talk to you. If you saw my post on the thread that instigated this thread, you might understand his philosophy. Sometimes folks go too far, become irritating, say things they shouldn't. They are still part of our SASS family. I've only met a few that I would totally write off and TS is not one of them. Until I've seen him do destructive things in person or have it from a trustworthy source that he is a scary dude, I will cut him some slack, especially after his humble apology and in an online environment.

I don't know what in your background prevents you from having empathy for him, I hope you can overcome those feelings. Or, just put him on "ignore."

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Allie,

You are right. Krazy Kajun is just that - Krazy. I will not hold his previous trangressions against him. In fact, he is forgiven and can come over to my next crawfish boil. As long as he supplies the crawfis and beer. You come along too, chere'!!

The rest of you scoundrals, well.....

Bucky (who loves mudbugs) Buscadero

Allie,

You are right. Krazy Kajun is just that - Krazy. I will not hold his previous trangressions against him. In fact, he is forgiven and can come over to my next crawfish boil. As long as he supplies the crawfis and beer. You come along too, chere'!!

Ah Bucky, finally something we can get together on..... berled cwafish and cold byeer :) If you supply the mudbugs and cook I'll bring my main squeeze and some cold byeers (dat's how we call em back home) :)

Allie,

The rest of you scoundrals, well.....

Yup - been called that one too :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Joe, That's 'xactly what I am talking about! You and my "pards" hung me up, left me out to dry, and then shot arrows of insult at me - rolling on the floor laughing the whole time!!! But the Karma bus is on it's way!!

"You got me on the run

I'm driving in my BUS now

Anticipating fun

I'm driving right up to you, babe

I guess that you couldn't see, yeah yeah

But your under my wheels

Why don't you let me be "

Bucky (who's about to lose his license) Buscadero :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey! That's what friends are for!!! I'm sure you would do the same for us. :lol:

By the way, you left out pointing and giggling as you swung in the wind.

Ah Bucky, finally something we can get together on..... berled cwafish and cold byeer :) If you supply the mudbugs and cook I'll bring my main squeeze and some cold byeers (dat's how we call em back home) :)

I like dem mudbugs too ya know ! :rolleyes:

Had dis cajun in my platoon and when he'd git mad..........God Almighty, he was hard to understood ! :wacko:

So he takes me to NAWLEANS and a mudbug boil ! :blink:

By God, dem mudbugs is good ! :wub:

"Got ta shuck dem heads on dem crawlfish ! " :lol: :lol:

I like dem mudbugs too ya know ! :rolleyes:

Had dis cajun in my platoon and when he'd git mad..........God Almighty, he was hard to understood ! :wacko:

So he takes me to NAWLEANS and a mudbug boil ! :blink:

By God, dem mudbugs is good ! :wub:

"Got ta shuck dem heads on dem crawlfish ! " :lol: :lol:

And be forewarned - if you're ever invited to a crawfish boil in Louisiana and volunteer to bring the beer, don't show up wit a couple 6 packs - you done commited to supplying the KEG! An' that ain't no lie, sha! ;)

Bucky (who's helped float a few kegs his own self) Buscadero

And be forewarned - if you're ever invited to a crawfish boil in Louisiana and volunteer to bring the beer, don't show up wit a couple 6 packs - you done commited to supplying the KEG! An' that ain't no lie, sha! ;)

Bucky (who's helped float a few kegs his own self) Buscadero

At one mudbug feast, a old feller brough couple gallons of "Shine' or "Swamp Water" as he called it.

Well, kept eatin' and drinkin' dat "Swamp Water"..............

Woke up .....naked as a jaybird........in a women's bed........who was naked as a jaybird too.........

And nary one of us knows what happened or ho we got der ! :wacko::lol: :lol:

A little crawfish boil from 1985.

Look closely - there might be people you recognize.

Tull

Dang, now I'm feeling all nostalgic and homesick. That's a good thing, though. Good memories of good times. Thanks for that link Tull!

Bucky

At one mudbug feast, a old feller brough couple gallons of "Shine' or "Swamp Water" as he called it.

Well, kept eatin' and drinkin' dat "Swamp Water"..............

Woke up .....naked as a jaybird........in a women's bed........who was naked as a jaybird too.........

And nary one of us knows what happened or ho we got der ! :wacko::lol: :lol:

Well Hawk, I think we can all guess what happened! :lol:

Bucky (who will say no more 'cause Whiskey reads my posts) Buscadero

Dang, now I'm feeling all nostalgic and homesick. That's a good thing, though. Good memories of good times. Thanks for that link Tull!

Bucky

Know what you mean - I'm an 'Okie' by birth, but a 'closet' coonass by choice.

When was the last time you saw a drummer hitting a symbol with a mudbug relaxing on it [1:29] - outside of Louisiana? If ever?

Tull

Well Hawk, I think we can all guess what happened! :lol:

Bucky (who will say no more 'cause Whiskey reads my posts) Buscadero

Well Bucky.......I think I can..............

I just wished to heaven I remembered what happened ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Know what you mean - I'm an 'Okie' by birth, but a 'closet' coonass by choice.

When was the last time you saw a drummer hitting a symbol with a mudbug relaxing on it [1:29] - outside of Louisiana? If ever?

Tull

That mudbug was just waitin for his hot bath!

That mudbug was just waitin for his hot bath!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think dat crawfish loss his toot toot in dat pot just before him and he was gettin his last rites sung to him sha.

I think dat crawfish loss his toot toot in dat pot just before him and he was gettin his last rites sung to him sha.

I tank ya just might be rat ! ;)

Archived