SASS Wire Forum

grams and ounces

Flinthills Dawg

I assume your question relates to shot..if so

then the answer as far as I can see would be no...the listing I have shows:

7/8oz shot = 24.80gms

I tried to bookmark the listing and couldnt get it to work, so if you want a full list of shot google "average pellet count for shot"

If you are asking about powder well we need another list

curley

I assume your question relates to shot..if so

then the answer as far as I can see would be no...the listing I have shows:

7/8oz shot = 24.80gms

I tried to bookmark the listing and couldnt get it to work, so if you want a full list of shot google "average pellet count for shot"

If you are asking about powder well we need another list

curley

The relationship between grams and ounces is the same whether we are talking about shot, powder or peanut butter. :rolleyes:

The relationship between grams and ounces is the same whether we are talking about shot, powder or peanut butter. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't peanut butter be measured in fluid ounces? :ph34r:

(I really have no idea, just being contrary :) )

1 Troy ounce (ozt) is equal to 31.103 grams (g) = 480 Grains

1 Avoirdupois or Common ounce (oz) = 28.349 grams (g) = 437.5 Grains

And there's this handy calculator ... http://www.easysurf.cc/cnver8.htm#dtogn1

With the exception of International and Olympic shooting, the use of GRAMS in declaring shot weight is more of a mis-nomer and confuser than anything else. Very little Ammo sold to the public has anything to do with grams, except the Win. low noise/low recoil ammo.

Most all loads are actually stated in increments of 1/8 oz. such as 3/4 oz. 7/8oz. or 1 oz. or 1-1/8 oz. or 1-1/4 oz. Etc.

Gram equivelents are simply rounded up or down to the closest number. Examples are 24 grams = 7/8 oz., 26 grams = 15/16 oz., 28 grams = 1 oz., 32 grams = 1-1/8 oz. Etc. The Win. LN/LR load is the only 26 gram load made as far as I am aware of. Simply a confusing term that actually has little meaning to the average shooter.

RBK

thank you Rio Brazo a simple answer and it helped. i did look up all the other info the others had posted and i was still confused that is why i asked not cuz im to lazy to look

pellet count chart

All these numbers got me courious. I decided I wanted to know what the difference in pellet count between these numbers, so I took the count of #8 lead shot since that is what WinLite, FeatherLite and I use to see what differences were and it was pretty interesting.

By findings for 7/8oz and 1 oz were from the pellet count listing chart shown above...they didn't show 15/16 so I had to do the math myownself on it, but here is the end results:

7/8oz (24.8gm) 359 pellets

15/16oz (26.9gm) 384 pellets

1oz (28.35gm) 410 pellets

According to Featherlite and WinLites boxes they indicate they are loading 26gm of # 8 shot. When I came up with my "clone" load I went with a 7/8oz load of #8 shot. I find there is very little difference in the noise/recoil between my load and either of the Lite loads, so I figure I am going to stay with the current "Curley Cole Clone" load. (which btw does the job of knocking down targets as long as I get somewhere in the vicinity of the target.

This was an interesting question, and I found it enlightening to finally do the math right down to how many pellets are in the load...

good shootin

curley

Archived