SASS Wire Forum

only 3 weeks from today

Tom Muley

Don't forget to come the mule ranch for a burger and peach cobbler with home made ice cream. New this year, home made strawberry ice cream, with fresh picked berries from my garden.

If I come, It'll be my first time. Sounds good...will it be a show and tell also. I'm picking up my Colt 1908 .380 ACP today.

Dress code???? Cowboy casual, or shorts and tee shirts??? These are things we gots ta knows. Maybe I should bring someone who has been there before for a navigator.

Jake

If you don't come we'll all take turns saying rude things about you....and laugh.

Dress is optional, but if you don't wear something you'll get sunburned, we'll take pictures to post here.....and laugh.

Come comfortable, a hat and long sleeves are recommended, enjoy yourself.....and laugh.

Come hungry. You won't go away that way.

If I come, It'll be my first time. Sounds good...will it be a show and tell also. I'm picking up my Colt 1908 .380 ACP today.

Dress code???? Cowboy casual, or shorts and tee shirts??? These are things we gots ta knows. Maybe I should bring someone who has been there before for a navigator.

Jake

Looking forward to seeing you and whoever you bring along. I really thought you had been here. Bet you have a good time.

In central Texas most folks consider Fredericksburg peaches to be pretty high on the taste list. They are just now getting ripe, and they are small so far. But I made the old traditional cobbler with the tiny critters, and did not peel them first. The pie dough, which starts on the bottom turned into the best tasting rubber I ever chewed.

"A week from right now I'll be sitting in my truck in the driveway waiting for Saturday."

--------------

Interesting.

Wonder what you will look like in 15 days. Not 7.

We need to get Forty Rod a calendar with really big numbers and shows the whole year at once so some one can cross off the days for him. :lol:

A week from right now I'll be sitting in my truck in the driveway waiting for Saturday. Don't miss this one, people. If you do you'll regret it.

A skeleton of 4T was found in his itty bitty Toyota truck parked in his driveway. cause of death....Starvation...waiting for a

week for food. If he had a sense of time, he might have made it, but alas he was in a hurry to get to Tom Muley Picnic.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder it's only a week away. I'm waiting for directions to the Muley Ranch. I asked Big Medicine #19 to come with me. Hope it's OK.

Jake

Jake

Hey, come on up!

Meownself, Deja, and Pepper will be there. If'n ya want a show and tell I got two rifles I could bring, one cowboy one not.

Would love ta see yer 1908 Colt. I recently acquired a 1903 AND a 1908.

Dress how ever ya want....

See ya Saturday!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Just a reminder it's only a week away. I'm waiting for directions to the Muley Ranch. I asked Big Medicine #19 to come with me. Hope it's OK.

Jake

Yea, I need directions again as well.... guess I could check my GPS and see if'n they still there....

JJJ-D

JJJ, GPS ????

Or you could just click on the links in post #10.

Now that is just too easy doncha know....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

yea it is.

GPS doesn't seem to work well up here in the desert.

UPS and FedEx always use GPS to deliver parts to me. Then the next day I get the call because they are lost. Seems their GPS has them about 1/2 mile away on a dirt road that would be my alley if it came through all the way.

When I know they are making a delivery, I like to sit out on the porch and watch the trucks go back and forth and turn around on that dirt road. They don't come all the way down to the end of the road where I have a sign pointing to my place with the address on it.

It's one of those times when you can see where you're going but can't get there.

Uno and I are trying to rearrange our schedule. We may also bring Smiley Ed and Little Jersey Jo back with us, if they're available. We'll have to see how things work out. {Fingers crossed}

I'm thinkin' 'bout makin' a big Potato Salad. Maybe a Pot of Baked beans with Bacon and onions. Yummy stuff for sure.

Jake

I'm thinkin' 'bout makin' a big Potato Salad. Maybe a Pot of Baked beans with Bacon and onions. Yummy stuff for sure.

Jake

Sounds good, not sure what I'm bringin yet, will think bout it some..... maybe sauteed portabellas with garlic, eat'm plain or on the burgers!

I'm bringin' show and tell stuff too!

JJJ-D

It looks like we are going to have a very good time. Been working my butt off fixing up the place, check out the new Muley Express office and 'The Forty Mine'. 3 more from my area said they are coming. Not sure the total number of fun seekers there will be, but it might be 25 to 30. I never turn anyone away, so come and enjoy.

Looking forward to it.

Is there anything specific we can bring? I know, I know, the boozers are going to want some top drawer stuff. Other than that, what is needed? A big tossed green salad maybe? I'm really good at that. Ideas?

Looking forward to it.

Is there anything specific we can bring? I know, I know, the boozers are going to want some top drawer stuff. Other than that, what is needed? A big tossed green salad maybe? I'm really good at that. Ideas?

Bring a smile and a sense of humor. Make or bring anything you like. I'll provide a burger and a bun, peach cobbler and homemade ice cream.

I bet right now y'all are suffering from tooooooooooooooo much of a good thing!

Wish I could of been there! I did get my MEC shot shell reloader cleaned up today and added a new priming system that Cliff Hanger showed to me. I'm ready to load BP shot shells for Thunder Valley!

I'll be loading ammo the next couple of weekends to get caught up. I was out of just about everything. I have the 38-40 I need for Thunder Valley for my Pistolas. I need to load up some .38-55 and .40-65 for the rifles.

I declare a success, a great time was had by all. The show and tell went on for 1 1/2 hours, I got many fingerprints on my Colts.

Tom Muley's cooking was good stuff Maynard. His Dutch Oven cooking Peach Cobbler and homemade Ice Cream was Yummy. I brought Big Medicine Sass #19 with me, and he said he enjoyed it too. Good to see old friends and make new ones.

Jake

Dis wuz a weakend!

Firstus, Andy and Linda of Walker '47 threw a block party disguised as a Cowboy Swap Meet. These super people always go way out in support of CAS and the RKBA. Thank You! And I didn't need that hundy, really.

Then it was to Tom Muley and his lovely wifes' estate for the world's bestus hamburgers and dutch-oven peach cobbler. Great people! The only way it could have been better if'n there were guns; but Bigs Jake and Medicine, 4T-Odd, Deja, and 3J hid 'em! <Sob> Meybe next year?

Then, off to RR Bar for a great match -- which included some Aussies practicing up for EOT. 'member the name "The Terror". That boy is SCARY fast -- and accurate. Ol' 'Spense is going to have his hands full. We might all need to start eatin' that nasty Vega-Mite stuff by the pound. I prefer Muley's burgers.

Archived