SASS Wire Forum

18th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out

Filthy Lucre, 55674L

Allie Mo

You will have a ball at the Chang Wang match. I am unable to attend this year. :angry: I will be tied up in my move to texas.

Don't forget the extra key to your trailer. :lol::D

Wif

Hi Wif!

:P:lol:

Well gosh, you should make it one more time before you move!

Hmmm, Chang Wang?

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Wif!

:P:lol:

Well gosh, you should make it one more time before you move!

Hmmm, Chang Wang?

Regards,

Allie Mo

Actually in Shanghai Noon it's Chon Wang played by Jackie Chan. Very funny scene. I highly recommend the movie.

Fillmore

Only about 20 spots left. If ya gonna come play sign up now.

With 240 shooters, isn't that more than the Regional or State match?

Fillmore

As of right now, it is 67degF and overcast in the San Luis Obispo area. Wonderful shooting weather IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY! August should be just as nice with 70s-80s for CVSO. The coast (for those of you who haven't been here)is about 5mi. away. Better sign up quick! Heh:) Baddog N.

Well, after a couple of work days with two tractors and many other members here working it's AMAZING how much we got done! Long range bay has been transformed, all the berms have been built up, bays regraded, clubhouse worked on, and more to come! All on sunny 70 degree days, nice ocean breezes and downright cool evenings, why last night I had a sweatshirt on out by the fire...

Well, after a couple of work days with two tractors and many other members here working it's AMAZING how much we got done! Long range bay has been transformed, all the berms have been built up, bays regraded, clubhouse worked on, and more to come! All on sunny 70 degree days, nice ocean breezes and downright cool evenings, why last night I had a sweatshirt on out by the fire...

Bump

Mad Dog Jack;

Have you been soaking your balls in Balistol, to get ready for the Plainsman event?

Snakebite

Mad Dog Jack;

Have you been soaking your balls in Balistol, to get ready for the Plainsman event?

Snakebite

You bet! My balls are ALL lubed up.... bring some long range stuff too, I have a 45-60 76 to shoot too.

I musta missed something, didn't see any bumps.......

Lady Andertramp just cleared her surgical schedule for the 10th and I finally twisted enough arms to get off call myself. Our application is in the mail!!

Wow! That's great.... don't forget to bring some Smoke.

Snakebite

Looking over the "Who's coming" list I see quite a few people who are new to our match. This is good! This weekend is a two day shoot here and at Pozo River Vigilance Committee and a bunch of us were sitting around talking about roping back in Texas and Oklahoma and out of area shoots in the summer and the weather involved. It was maybe 4:30 and it was about 60 degrees and breezy, cool enough that those in the shade started looking for some sun to sit in.

The point of this is that if you have never shot here, or spent much time on the coast in the summer don't forget warm clothes! I live 30 minutes away over the mountains in the warm/hot area and this July has been the coolest I know of.

Scout's motto: Be prepared!

For the rest of you, our match is full, look for us next August and do what a bunch of our shooters do, make a vacation to cool off at the beach and do some shooting!

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

hopefully all of my screwups were yesterday instead of at the Annual :ph34r:

Looks like we're filled up full.

If you want to attend, contact the powers that be and get on the list.

Fillmore

Big change in plans. I will be able to make it after all. I have camping spot #81 and the check will be on the way in the morning.

It will be great to see Filthy, Allie and anybody named Dog one more time.

Wif :D

Allie don't forget your extra key. :lol:

Big change in plans. I will be able to make it after all. I have camping spot #81 and the check will be on the way in the morning.

YEEEEHAAAA!

Yeah!I look forward to seeing you. I'm in space 45.

About the key thingy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

See ya soon!

:wub:

AM

Getting excited. Loading up the RV and will head out early Wednesday morning. Hope to get there before dark that night. If I remember right, I have space 117. Heard a lot about this shoot and finally glad I can make it.

Getting excited. Loading up the RV and will head out early Wednesday morning. Hope to get there before dark that night. If I remember right, I have space 117. Heard a lot about this shoot and finally glad I can make it.

L.E.P.

If the Shepherd gave you that space, that is where you'll be. You might get upgraded but if you do it'll be good or you can decline if you're near a buddy.

The Regulators have been working very hard, the weather should be perfect (70s).

We are also very excited. Look me up.

Fillmore

Whew! That means there will be 72 spaces between "him" and me. ;):lol:

See you soon!

:wub:

AM

Hey Mad Dog and all you other Dammmits!

Loading up the wagon and we will heading down tomorrow from the 110 scheduled for this week!

Bringing the long guns and plainsman implements. Do you think my new 50-70 Trapdoor will bend the targets?

Bring all my smokey guys for the night shoot- anyone have any more cannon powder for my 70 grain shotgun loads?

I can not wait to see you all again- see you tomorrow or so-

No Sheep Dip at the Republic's border I heard again- smooth sailing!

We're having a shuttle for all you campers who are camping in Morro Bay:)

Really?! Morro Bay?

Really?! Morro Bay?

Hmmmm, that kid will be busy on the tractor and trailer!

It was warm today at the range...it hit 75 degrees.

to paraphrase..."Good-bye God, I'm going to Chorro"

Fillmore

Well Mad Dog-

You guys put on a great shoot.

Posse seven was great and accommodated black powder shooters- cartridge & cap and ball.

There was great weather, people food and fun.

We will be back again for another great time, Dammmit- what is for dinner Jack?

We JUST finished up BBQing a tri-tip and a couple of pork tenderloins, there are at least 30 trailers still here. Came back to get my sweatshirt, it is COLD out tonight. The word here is it is hot elswhere and something about brownouts...hope not, the only heater I have with me is electric. It was great seeing you guys again, and making heap big smoke, hope we can do it again!

Archived