SASS Wire Forum

Badger Mountain Range War

I'm starting to get ansy, I can't wait!! Really looking forward to a great weekend of fun and friends up in the mountains. And this year we don't have to worry about the tent getting wet if it rains :lol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get ansy, I can't wait!! Really looking forward to a great weekend of fun and friends up in the mountains. And this year we don't have to worry about the tent getting wet if it rains :lol:

It will be here before you know it, get those entries in we are filling up, don't be left out.

KK

It will be here before you know it, get those entries in we are filling up, don't be left out.

KK

Keep those doggies moving, head em up move em out to the BMRW.

KK

Registration deadline: entries must be received by July 25th. Entry forms available at Colorado Cowboys.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Registration deadline: entries must be received by July 25th. Entry forms available at Colorado Cowboys.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Btt for the deadline just under a month.

KK

I know everyone is watching the various fires and wondering if the Badger Mountain Range War will be affected. So far, so good! The Ranch/Range is intact, and the onset of the monsoons in July should wet everything down.

So, only 4 weeks to the registration deadline, compadres! Keep those entries coming in! More Soot Lords needed!

Salud, dinero y amor!

eGG

• 2 weeks later...

Up at the Ranch the monsoons have started. They already had some rain this week, and the forecast is for more this weekend. We do not expect there to be ANY fire restrictions affecting the Badger Mountain Range War.....ARRIBA!

Everything is going ahead as scheduled.

Time to get signed up!

eGG

Up at the Ranch the monsoons have started. They already had some rain this week, and the forecast is for more this weekend. We do not expect there to be ANY fire restrictions affecting the Badger Mountain Range War.....ARRIBA!

Everything is going ahead as scheduled.

Time to get signed up!

eGG

Keeping my fingers crossed, suppose to get rain over the next several days.

KK

Seems like my rain dances are paying off up here. Getting the rain we need. I haven't even had to go to the loin cloth.....yet.

Gee's thanks now I'm going to have to poke my minds eye out, an image I didn't want to imagin.

So Whiskey James in a loin cloth isn't the entertainment at the banquet? Darn, I was gonna bring my camera :lol:

Lets keep those entries coming the dead line approaches and we have a great shoot planned along with a fantastic dinner and entertainment.

KK

PARK COUNTY'S STAGE II FIRE BAN (WHICH PROHIBITS RECREATIONAL SHOOTING) HAS BEEN REMOVED AS OF 7/10/2012. THERE IS NO DOUBT THE BADGER MOUNTAIN RANGE WAR WILL OCCUR AND BE ONE OF THE BEST MATCHES EVER FOR A VERY MINIMAL COST!

Apparently WJ's rain dance worked....

Aaarrrgghhhhh!

eGG

Another mental pic I didn't need to see.

KK

LONG RANGE SHOOTERS........

Keep in mind that the Long Range shoot will be from 12:00 to about 5:00. Show up any time from 12:00 on. You don't have to be there right at twelve. Check in and register at the General Store and they'll guide you out to the range.

Be ready for 200 to 350 yards for the Single Shot.

Whiskey James

LONG RANGE SHOOTERS........

Keep in mind that the Long Range shoot will be from 12:00 to about 5:00. Show up any time from 12:00 on. You don't have to be there right at twelve. Check in and register at the General Store and they'll guide you out to the range.

Be ready for 200 to 350 yards for the Single Shot.

Whiskey James

Thats great news thought we would have to watch another rain dance.

KK

Hopefully WJ will save the rain dance til later on Friday evening, we won't be there in time for the long range stuff and I'd hate to miss the entertainment!

I'm ready to shoot with all these great pards!

+1 Brimstone Jerome Looking Forward to it, see you soon.

SID

Are we filled up yet?

ALMOST! Still have a few spots left! Folks can phone me (check the web site for the number) with alias, category, number of dinners, and their solemn cowboy word of honor that the check will be in the next available pony express pouch, to reserve a spot.

Buena suerte,

eGG

I see Texas will be well represented by Brazos Belle and Crooked Bullet!! Shoot well, my friends. Wish we could be there, but we have a shop full of 4H stocks......that's a good thing! :)

See y'all at the TX State Wild Bunch match.

Miss Cubbie

:FlagAm:

I see Texas will be well represented by Brazos Belle and Crooked Bullet!! Shoot well, my friends. Wish we could be there, but we have a shop full of 4H stocks......that's a good thing! :)

See y'all at the TX State Wild Bunch match.

Miss Cubbie

:FlagAm:

We wish you could be here, too! Forecast is for low temps about 50° and highs upper 70's to 80°. Next year?

Buena suerte,

eGG

I hear tell there is a charity raffle at the range war to benefit the cowboys who lost their homes in the recent wild fires. Chances to win a custom gunbelt and holsters and a custom quilt. Contact any of the Colorado Cowboys for more info.

Grizz,

Yes I was going to put on today. We have been given 2 certificates for custom gun rigs by EE Taft and a handmade quilt by Calico Mary. We are selling tickets 1 for $5 and 5 for $20. 100% of the proceeds will go to Shooters from the high park fire. I will be at Byers on Sunday and will have tickets with me for anyone that wants to buy but can not make our shoot. Also you can call me and I can get you in the drawing. The actual drawing will be on Sunday during the awards ceremony. You will be able to put yur tickets in for either one of the rigs or for the quilt.

EE Taft is being very generous with this. His rigs are top notch. I have actually been talking to him about a rig.

And Calico Mary's quilts are very nice if you have ever seen them I believe hers is the one that was given away at the CO state shoot.

Both of these guys contaced us and EE Taft does not even live here or know the guys affected by the fires here. Very generous.

So lets buy lots of tickets so that we have lots to give to our friends and makes it worhwhile for these generous folks that have to put in the hard work to make these for the winners.

PM me if you need my contact info!

You do not need to be present to win.

Thanks EE Taft and Caico Mary for being such generous kind people!

Painted Filly

I won't be at Byers. I gave her a $20 for 5 tickets. If there is one raffle for the leather, and another for the quilt, I reckon I'll take 3 for the leather and 2 for the quilt.

Archived