SASS Wire Forum

Now, for something different!

Jack Houston # 35508

So the highest award goes to the one measured with the most archaic measurement system.

Thats good. There are times I feel like I should be measured with a sundial. Or perhaps a calender.

NOPE,

I say its the shooter with the most buttons, belt buckles, pins, etc.....and maybe, just maybe...........arm bands.

AND...octagon barrels on pistols earn BONUS points on each stage.

..........Widder

Considering my rather dismal performance at our match yesterday...I say do away with that pesky timer thingy. The "thumbs up/down" suggestion gets my vote. :lol:

All good suggestions to solve the scoring dilemma. However, scoring should be based upon laughter.....so therefore a laugh meter should be used to determine scoring at every match, expecially State or above.

I BELIEVE......

You start out each stage with a score of 100 points...

If you hit a target ya get to take 5 points off...

If ya get a P... ya take 10 points off...

You can earn more than one P per stage...

but only one P per gun...

Rance <_<

Shouldn't have started thinkin'

I think all the above are good systems and should be combined into one unified scoring system, complete with a computer program to mesh it all together and spit out scores, committees to review the system and make changes as needed (or just on a whim, whatever), a forum for members to b!+ch about the system and a way to override the whole thing and make up rulings on the spot.

Oh, wait - we already have that! :lol::P:o:lol:

Everyone knows we need to be more PC. It should be changed so that everyone who shoots is a winner. Afterall, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking something modeled after the system used to rank college football....the BCS. Instead of coaches poll we could use shooters poll....poll all of the shooters on posses that did not shoot with the shooter. Run a poll, in advance of the shoot, in the Cowboy Chronicle. Add to that the use of a computer random number generator program for bonuses, Ps, misses and hits. Use the following shooter's time for the previous shooter. Combine all that up and then use a secret weighted average factor known only to Tex and voila....the computer spits out the results.

Lets have a pure qualitative system. :ph34r: Everybody on the posse gets to vote thumbs up pr thumbs down after a shotter complets the stage. :lol: Most thumbs up wins. :rolleyes:

Not fair, not fair not fair!

I only have one thumb.

Cherokee Slim

(Thumbdicapped)

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

All good suggestions to solve the scoring dilemma. However, scoring should be based upon laughter.....so therefore a laugh meter should be used to determine scoring at every match, expecially State or above.

+1

I'd like to see both dropped and see us move to a style point scoring system.

That could start a new "arms" race to say nothing of some incredible costuming. :rolleyes::P:lol:B)

I'd like to see both dropped and see us move to a style point scoring system.

Now yer talkin! :lol: :lol:

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

Obviously, the HIGHEST score should win. I'd go from dead last to a proud buckle wearer!

thats just about the only way I will ever get one :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

If you want a reason for fancy new scoring schemes and equipment, I think we need to get big money into the sport. I was watching a trap shooting event last night that paid $100,000 to a 13 year old who hit 50 in a row. That's the ticket. We need to find some big money sponsors. Really up the game with big money awards for fancy costumes. :) (tongue firmly in cheek) :lol:

Archived