SASS Wire Forum

CCW Changes In NM?

I read a story on the web that said New Mexico was/had reduced the number of states whose CCW permits it would recognize. Previously NM recognized 19 states but now recognizes 6.

The state government web site says it is still honoring the original 19 pending review but does not say how it will alert travelers if states are deleted.

Can anyone tell us what is going on? We want to be sure we are legal.

I read a story on the web that said New Mexico was/had reduced the number of states whose CCW permits it would recognize. Previously NM recognized 19 states but now recognizes 6.

The state government web site says it is still honoring the original 19 pending review but does not say how it will alert travelers if states are deleted.

Just go to the NM official site for updates.There's no way they're going to alert travelers.

I am not sure anyone really knows what is going on with NM's CCW reciprocity with other states, but it looks like NM has taken a step back on the issue, thanks to a massive response from gun owners across the nation. The NM DPS is now "Re-evaluating" the CCW permits of other states and still recognizes 19 of those states. Louisiana is among the states that NM still has reciprocity with....

Check out this post for more info:

NM CCW Reciprocity

This is the link for CCW info from the NM DPS and it is the one I would check on a daily basis if I were traveling to NM:

NM CCW Status

Archived