SASS Wire Forum

Need a New Tumbler?

Jack Houston # 35508

The price is reduced because they are "junk". A couple of suppliers have stopped stocking them and stated they are "no longer available until further notice" (no back-orders accepted).

I have used the Frankfort Tumblers for 10 years. Nothing lasts forever! I use it every Sunday! Sure, I've had 3 in 10 years but I tumble for 4-5 hours at a time(I like shiny Brass) They are cheap enuff to get a new one when one breaks.

I've had my sidewinder for 23 years it was a little pricey back then but it keeps working and never slows down. They are real pricey now. Anyway just my .2

Wsent through two of them in 6 months. Have a Vibrashine that is 8 years old and still going strong. Also have a large Dillon because I needed more room andf it works great. I have had the Dillon for 6 years now and it is still going strong.

Sanilac Sodbuster

Mine still works fine. I also like shiny brass & run it several hours at a time. Probably like a lot of inconsistent products; some folks get a Monday one, mine musta been made on Wednesday.

Seamus

They used to be a pretty good deal and lasted pretty well.

But you know how products change. Maybe they are not as good as the older products from what folks are saying about their more recent experiences ...

Then put your money down and take your chances.
Take the cover off any from Midway, Frankfort,etc and look at the motor. They are all the same - from China

I was just passing along a good deal I thought on a tumbler...as usual some have to come out of their HOLES and put something/someone down! I was always told if you don't have something good to say keep you PIE HOLE SHUT!!!

No matter what is said here some A- :angry: :angry: :angry: Holes show up and turn the whole thing negative!!

I was just passing along a good deal I thought on a tumbler...as usual some have to come out of their HOLES and put something/someone down! I was always told if you don't have something good to say keep you PIE HOLE SHUT!!!

No matter what is said here some A- :angry: :angry: :angry: Holes show up and turn the whole thing negative!!

A big plus 1 !!!

No matter what is said here some A- Holes show up and turn the whole thing negative!!

And not I. That's a good price! I'd buy one if mine wasn't working perfectly fine after 6 years now. I't be a site to keep bookmarked though as they may still have the best price going, 2, 3, 10 years down the road. And I agree with your comment as I've tried to pass on site's, points of interest or the funniest was my personal experience with a product only to be told that I was lying and didn't know what I was talking about. Even though I saw it with my own two eyes. Some people just like to poop in their own pot. I've never figured that out. Smithy.

Jack, for the wire this was a pretty good thread, mostly good things, only a couple of negative and no one called anyone any names....yet :rolleyes:

Obviously the reviews are mixed.

But I have used a Frankford tumbler for over 10 years with no problems.

I have a very old Frankfort Armory tumbler that I have been using for at least 10 yrs now... maybe even longer. I also have a Cabela's tumbler, and it appears to be the EXACT same tumbler as my Frankfort Armory (except for color). They both work very well. On the other hand, I bought a Lyman 2200 Autoflo tumbler, and it just does not do as good of a job. The Autoflo function is worthless at getting the media out of the cases, yet it does a good job of getting it all over the floor!

Snakebite

Howdy:

I had a Midway for nearly 20 years - no problem - they had a recall, fixed it and it worked til I accidentally messed it up - they sent me a BRAND NEW Frankford Arsenal one - it has been going and going and going for over 13 years (it is still going) NO PROBLEM - for me, I paid my money and got two great tumblers...oh, did I mention, the Frankford tumbler was sent to me free of charge, even though I confessed to having messed it up and that it was not due to any manufacturing problem. THAT, dear sirs, is customer service and Midway stands behind their products. Oh, for the China bashers, you will find that motors are almost all made in China, India, or Latin America. Time to get real....

STL Suomi

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I have had several of them in the past. Some lasted 3 or 4 years. And a couple gave it up in a month. Usually it was a motor bearing problem. A couple were recalled and replaced for free.

I still have 2 for moly coating bullets. They are not often used and are still working.

Mustang Gregg

Howdy,

So where are the tumblers with the made in usa motors????????????????

Best

CR

Would Thumler's Tumbler be a made in the USA type of product? Their tumblers are sure heavy duty. Smithy.

Would Thumler's Tumbler be a made in the USA type of product? Their tumblers are sure heavy duty. Smithy.

Thumler Tumblers are made in USA.

He said motor. Just checked...... motor Assembled in Mexico..... closer than China. At least on North American Continent. :blush:

He said motor. Just checked...... motor Assembled in Mexico..... closer than China. At least on North American Continent.

Dang, I thought that they were totally USA made. I guess the new phrase should be USA assembled. Smithy.

Dang, I thought that they were totally USA made. I guess the new phrase should be USA assembled. Smithy.

Most evertying that has more than one piece in it,,, at best, should say assembled in the USA. You got it.

PS: Probably the steel and paint in the Tumber came from China.

PS, down at the farm store yesterday. Manager was loading up a trailer full of bulk fertilizer, he said the fertilizer came from China. Sad.

I have used the Frankfort Tumblers for 10 years. Nothing lasts forever! I use it every Sunday! Sure, I've had 3 in 10 years but I tumble for 4-5 hours at a time(I like shiny Brass) They are cheap enuff to get a new one when one breaks.

I agree with ya', Jack! Nothing last forever and even tho my old Frankford died a couple a months ago ( after almost eight years of service, I might add )....I got another; and I'm just as happy as I can be with it.

It does the job that I ask and I got no complaints on price or quality of Frankford. If and when this one goes to tumbler heaven....I'll stick with Frankford.

Archived