SASS Wire Forum

Elastic Shotgun belts?

Jack Houston # 35508

I got a canvas rifle belt that holds both 45-75 and 45-70 in the same stretchy loops. Is that what you mean by "elastic"? Got it from C. Sharps.

I keep hearing "You gotta' make them" Never heard of such!! Who's making them???

It would seem like that would not be legal?

ILLEGAL ITEMS

The following are examples of SASS “illegal” items. The current version of the SASS Handbook should always be used as an additional reference for illegal items. The use or presence of any outlawed item is a Stage Disqualification.

• Holsters departing from the vertical by more than 30 degrees when worn

• Two main match revolvers worn on the same side of the body

• Modern shooting gloves

• Short sleeve shirts (Male competitors only)

• Short sleeved tee shirts, long sleeved tee shirts, and tank tops for all competitors. (Long sleeved Henley type shirts with buttons are allowed.)

• Modern feathered cowboy hats

• Designer jeans

• Ball caps

• Tennis, running, jogging, aerobic or other modern athletic shoes, combat boots

• Apparel displaying manufacturer’s, sponsor’s or team logos. Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable.

• Nylon, plastic, or Velcro accouterments.

Looks like that would fall under nylon? But apparently not.

Just curious.

Randy

ILLEGAL ITEMS

The following are examples of SASS “illegal” items. The current version of the SASS Handbook should always be used as an additional reference for illegal items. The use or presence of any outlawed item is a Stage Disqualification.

• Modern shooting gloves

• Short sleeved tee shirts, long sleeved tee shirts, and tank tops for all competitors. (Long sleeved Henley type shirts with buttons are allowed.)

• Designer jeans

• Ball caps

• Tennis, running, jogging, aerobic or other modern athletic shoes, combat boots

• Apparel displaying manufacturer’s, sponsor’s or team logos. Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable.

Just curious.

Randy

The loops are elastic rest of belt is leather not sure about material its made from ,but from my understanding a belt was sent to Wild Bunch for appoval before Doc started selling.

AO

ILLEGAL ITEMS

• Modern shooting gloves

• Designer jeans

• Ball caps

Just curious.

Randy

Randy, elatic was deemed a period material a long time ago. The belts are leather based with elastic loops. They look no different than a lot of dark colored canvas looped belts that are popular on the market. Also if elastic were not legal 99% of folks wearing suspenders would be wearing illegal material.

Randy, elatic was deemed a period material a long time ago. The belts are leather based with elastic loops. They look no different than a lot of dark colored canvas looped belts that are popular on the market. Also if elastic were not legal 99% of folks wearing suspenders would be wearing illegal material.

Thanks for the clarification.

Randy

Can't get on his website. You have to register before you can see anything. Does he have another site?

I borrowed a Doc Noper belt at the Georgia State Match and loved it, but would have liked the loops a little different. Fortunately I was shooting with Doc and on Sunday I placed an order for a custom belt. The following Thursday the belt was complete, exactly the way I wanted, and at my house in Florida. That means Doc drove home from Georgia made the belt and shipped it within 2 days. NOW THAT IS SERVICE! BTW it looks and works awesome, I love it! Thanks again DOC

JEL

I have his business card with his E-mail and other info if anyone wants it, just send me a PM.

I borrowed a Doc Noper belt at the Georgia State Match and loved it, but would have liked the loops a little different. Fortunately I was shooting with Doc and on Sunday I placed an order for a custom belt. The following Thursday the belt was complete, exactly the way I wanted, and at my house in Florida. That means Doc drove home from Georgia made the belt and shipped it within 2 days. NOW THAT IS SERVICE! BTW it looks and works awesome, I love it! Thanks again DOC

JEL

I have his business card with his E-mail and other info if anyone wants it, just send me a PM.

Uhhhhhh........he drove home and made 2 belts.........because the one I ordered (my 2nd belt from Doc) arrived around the same time.........Dominator is happy because he now has a Noper belt.

Stan

Archived