SASS Wire Forum

Buying & Selling Tips In The Classifieds

There are many free photo storing sites on the web. I bet in the past 14 years I've posted this 20 times.

If you can read and type (even the hunt & peck method) you can put pics in your SASS Classified ad.

​1 Load your pics to your computer, preferably to My Pictures. When you connect your camera to your pc it should do that automatically.

2. Come here & type your copy (ad). Then open a New Tab go to Photbucket.com You'll have to open a free account if you don'y have one.

3. Upload your pics to Photobucket. There are directions on the website. You can also crop (cut out excess around the item) brighten or darken the photo etc.

4 Once you have the pics like you want them you'll find two links under each pic. R click on the top one and click copy.

5. Then come back to your ad and place the cursor where you want the photo to appear. R click and click on paste. Your pic will be there.

If you can't do that then have your 6 year old grandchild do it for you. I get tired of the same ol excuse "I'm computer illiterate. I can't do it." That's bovine excrement! In '95 I didn't know a laptop from a desktop , but I learned, and so can you. If you're playing this game of CAS you're not stupid. It takes some smarts to do this. You probably drive to matches, reload, clean & fire guns etc etc etc. Most folks work to have the money to place this game. When you first started doing all these things you didn't get it right but you didn't give up. You persevered. It's the same with placing pics in your ad. You'll save yourself and potential customers a lot of time and may make a quicker sale. They won't have to wait for you to read their post asking you for pics. You won't have to send them and they won't have to wait to get them only to decide a day or two later that your item really isn't what they're looking for.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot for the life of me understand why people refuse to put pics in their ad. Photobucket has made it so simple a 5 yr old can do it. Open a new tab. Go to www.photobucket.com & sign up. It's free. Look for the upload instructions and upload your pics from My Pictures. Go to the pic (S} you want in your ad. There will be 2 links under each pic. Place your cursor on the 2nd link & R click. Click on copy. Make sure the link is highlighted. Come back to your ad here. Place the cursor where you want the pic in your ad, right click paste and your pic will appear when you preview or post your ad.

Please stick to plain typestyles like times new roman or arial. The script style fonts are almost impossible to read on a small tablet or smart phone.

Nah, just lots of old eyes have a hard time reading itsy bitsy fancy letters!

So true Bob. Old tired eyes don 't make for easy reading of small fonts. That's one of the reasons I don't have one o' them "smart" phones. T'other is I don't want to ding blasted new fangled machines that's smarter n me.

I'll add a couple of thoughts to add to the thread.

If you are using PayPal to pay for something, its really not right to say its for sending a "gift" instead of paying for something to avoid PayPay charges. If you use a service, pay for it.

When I sell something, if buyer says check is in the mail, I ship the item. I see no reason to hold the item until check clears. I guess maybe if it was a high dollar item, and the buyer was a guest or had a brand new SASS # I might look at it closer, but in general, if he is trusting me to ship the item, I ought to trust him to pay for it. I've probably bought/sold 20-30 items on the wire, never been burned.

• 1 month later...
Guest Grass Range #51406

Earl Brasse- If you have an item packed by a mule it will get there ok; contrary to being packed by a horse who always try to rub the pack off. Not so, the mule; he will sidestep a tree or whatever to make sure the pack does not touch

I have a pet peeve. More than often someone wants to sell an odd ball item such as a saddle, clothing or rare gun and they can't post photos. Not interested right away. Don't want to request photo on e-mail.

Allie Moe. Make it easier to post photos!!!

You know Percy I don't think it's so much that they "can't" do it as much as it is they're too lazy to try. Or they don't get it right the first time and it's easier to give up & say "I can't do it." It can't be much easier than it is right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived