SASS Wire Forum

Determining the Overall Match Winner

Misty Moonshine

Right back at you there lead......you seem to be the one with the problem as most here would attest.....ayone else in the mutual admiration society want to chime-in.......

Maybe if you start a petition and get enough signatures, not only can you get the rule changed but you can get me kicked of the sass wire for stateing the obvious.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...you seem to be the one with the problem as most here would attest.....anyone else in the mutual admiration society want to chime-in.......

Yeah, but I don't that you would want to hear the reply. :lol: :lol:

Double tap

This has been coming for a long time and it waa not because RW kicked ASSSSS at the Texas state match . BS BS

It was voted on by sass and they said the rule would stay the same.So the WB did not like the way the vote turned out the first time, to me they picked a bad time to change it if they did not want the change to look like it was for one 13yr old.

And I have no plains of ever going to EOT ,I have been told by several shooters that it was just not WORTH IT. the same shooters said the Sparta and Winter Range were good and shooter friedley .In the past EOT has not been shooter friendly.(I think they are trying to change that)

WE all have the wright to vote(IN SASS) we can do it with our FEET or our CHECK BOOK all I am saying VOTE at EOT

the fat man Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joe Boy (The HAPPY FAT MAN)

Maybe if you start a petition and get enough signatures, not only can you get the rule changed but you can get me kicked of the sass wire for stateing the obvious.

I don't care enough about your insults to even concern myself with you.......as for the clarification, I assume the Folks in Charge have good reason and I appreciate the fact that they acted instead of complaining like people on the Wire (me included). Good, bad, or indifferent.....the change was made, my only real response has been that the timing is suspicious and one could have the opinion that it was made regarding two or three very good buckaroo shooters.....I called that Sour Grapes, probably not the best description......and I never insinuated that the shooter in second place started all this because I do not believe that is his style.

This has been coming for a long time and it waa not because RW kicked ASSSSS at the Texas state match . BS BS

It was voted on by sass and they said the rule would stay the same.So the WB did not like the way the vote turned out the first time, to me they picked a bad time to change it if they did not want the change to look like it was for one 13yr old.

And I have no plains of ever going to EOT ,I have been told by several shooters that it was just not WORTH IT. the same shooters said the Sparta and Winter Range were good and shooter friedley .In the past EOT has not been shooter friendly.(I think they are trying to change that)

WE all have the wright to vote(IN SASS) we can do it with our FEET or our CHECK BOOK all I am saying VOTE at EOT

the fat man Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joe Boy (The HAPPY FAT MAN)

Well...kicked ass I guess...if'n you think 6 Rank Points and 8 seconds over 10 stages is kicking ass...on a deaf, dumb and blind 51 year old has-been.

Tell ya what IS worth it - trying to keep the World Championship of SASS going. We all know my feelings about the past decisions (some of 'em) that have been made by the WB. But it is what it is...let's not abandon ship!

so...Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

:wacko:

CB, lifes hard, lifes harder when your stupid. Hope things turn out for ya!

I know I am gonna get grief for this but it is too irresistible. Not calling you stupid or anything, just maybe grammatically challenged but your is not the contraction of you are. :lol:

I know I am gonna get grief for this but it is too irresistible. Not calling you stupid or anything, just maybe grammatically challenged but your is not the contraction of you are. :lol:

No problem, I dont consider myself stupid as I am still able to learn, maybe ignorant sometimes. From now on I will use YOU'RE for you are. Thanks for the lesson!!

No problem, I dont consider myself stupid as I am still able to learn, maybe ignorant sometimes. From now on I will use YOU'RE for you are. Thanks for the lesson!!

Ye are welcome and thanks for taking it so well. It's becoming all too common and not just here. The apostrophe is on the fast track to extinction. Just too much trouble to hit the ole shift key for most folks I guess.

Now if I could just figger how to do something about the "loose" epidemic... :wacko:

Well...kicked ass I guess...if'n you think 6 Rank Points and 8 seconds over 10 stages is kicking ass...on a deaf, dumb and blind 51 year old has-been.

Tell ya what IS worth it - trying to keep the World Championship of SASS going. We all know my feelings about the past decisions (some of 'em) that have been made by the WB. But it is what it is...let's not abandon ship!

so...Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

+1

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Phantom, I thought your vision was still good!

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

I have had Ol' Geezers complain because my 8 year old nephew who is now 10 didn't have to knock down the knockdown targets. The same for my now 15 year old when he was 7 and growing. That is stupid as can be!!

Remember when knockdowns first came around? It was to eliminate the golden BB? It surely wasn't to prove how manly the men were because very wimpy shotgun loads are the norm, and recoil reducers, and easy knockdowns, etc.

So we have grown men complaining about buckaroos... nonsense! There shouldn't be any modification of the rules! Let'em shoot!! There are areas I can think of to address, if CAS is to have everyone shooting the same match;

Let's say you are shooting a duelist type category and every stage has multi tap or dump targets, the two handed types are gaining a second or so every stage... is this the same match for everyone? What if matches had single tap pistol targets and a duelist type started to win everything? Would the rules need to be changed to mandate all dump targets to give the rest of the field a way to catch up?

Now let's say CAS was the PBR and even the pro's rode backwards on sheep...

What if CAS was pro baseball and Barry Bonds hit the ball off a tee...

(I am spending big bucks to go watch those sports for sure :rolleyes: )

I recently attended a match where the top shooters (state and national champ types) were 200 pound men and have (as they are allowed) carefully worked up their loads to be as close to the power factor as possible. They have also worked up a reliable and very manageable shotgun load. The rules allow this as well as everyone else doing the same. Why the tangle when some junior or buckaroo can manage to perform and win within the rules?

RW is a prodigy and will grow out of his category so no rule change needed!! He may have to start pouring and finishing cement for 12 hours a day next year and won't wanna click revolvers as much. Who knows?

Perhaps it's time to find other ways to separate the men from the boys. Until then let'em play by the same rules buckaroos have always had!!

Archived