SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2012

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambush 2012. So who's coming? Let's get the party rolling. Plans to make, party favors to start, and Badland Bob has to find his recipe for Peach Cobbler.

Its the event of the year, just waiting for the applications, and the party to begin. MT

Me, me, me!!

Last year I had to call SASS headquarters about the cobbler recipe. I'd lost my copy. (I blamed it on Brisket). Fortunately, SASS headquarters found the ancient Cowboy Chronical edition and emailed me a copy. Saved the day. I now have copies everywhere.

As soon as Bama's leg is healed up, we'll be ready for Ambush.

Badlands Bob

Last year I had to call SASS headquarters about the cobbler recipe. I'd lost my copy. (I blamed it on Brisket).

Badlands Bob

Well BLB, you should'a heard what Brisket blamed on you !!

As for me being at Ambush this year....in the words of Quigley's favorite country music star Micheal Jackson...."I'll be there" :)

Well BLB, you should'a heard what Brisket blamed on you !!

As for me being at Ambush this year....in the words of Quigley's favorite country music star Micheal Jackson...."I'll be there" :)

Oh, KK, you are so bad! You just know he's gonna hurt ya don'cha?

My eldest so will be having his Bar Mitzvah that weekend, so sadly we won't make it this year.

Ambush is an awesome shoot (even if I am not there, it will still be awesome and a bit easier to breathe and see targets ;) )

Hallen Damnation and I will be with you in spirits

My eldest so will be having his Bar Mitzvah that weekend, so sadly we won't make it this year.

Ambush is an awesome shoot (even if I am not there, it will still be awesome and a bit easier to breathe and see targets ;) )

Hallen Damnation and I will be with you in spirits

We'll be thinking of you though.

Looks like we're getting party reservations started. Especially the Peach cobbler is again on the list. MT

Oh, KK, you are so bad! You just know he's gonna hurt ya don'cha?

I'm kinda thinkin' Quigley's gonna get hurt by Lickskillet Charlie after Quigley tries to toss his wife or recruit her for his red light district on the range :)

I'm kinda thinkin' Quigley's gonna get hurt by Lickskillet Charlie after Quigley tries to toss his wife or recruit her for his red light district on the range :)

KK,

I'm not sure EVERYBODY got to see the video of Lickskillet Charlie's wedding. Perhaps we should set up a TV with one of them constant loops. That way we could play it all weekend at the Cherokee Charlie vending tent.

Any thoughts on side matches this year?

KK,

I'm not sure EVERYBODY got to see the video of Lickskillet Charlie's wedding. Perhaps we should set up a TV with one of them constant loops. That way we could play it all weekend at the Cherokee Charlie vending tent.

Any thoughts on side matches this year?

Saw part of that video. Suggestion for a side match? Who ever can hold out the longest without shooting the TV.

I will be there but the private showing of the wedding will be in my room and the lights will be out. Little Bertha will not attend this year-I understand that a d-i-v-o-r-c-e happened about a month into the marriage and she hasn't been seen in Alabama since then. LSC can you speak to that?

Quigley-why haven't you answered my repeated Pm's and e-mails? I am inquiring about a new sidematch at Ambush. Answer me-----please!!!!!!(or I will put a sign on your trailer)

Charlie, I tried sending you a PM a few days ago and your account said you were not accepting PM's. You may need to cull your PM inbox so ya got some room for incoming.

The application is going to be avaiable shortly. I am doing the registeration this year and assigning posse..........so y'all better be nice and bribes are accepted if offered as gifts. I have no idea about side matches at this time. I do guarantee Ambush to be one fine match that even John Wayne (RIP) would want to shoot.

KK,

I will need a very good bribe with your application! Maybe some fine cooking (hint hint). I mean ya talk the talk now let's see the walk :lol: :lol: I heard ya was gaming up a rifle also..........is this because ya couldn't beat LSC in speed pistol so ya thought rifle might win? I have a suggestion, since I trained LSC on the secrets of successful CAS, maybe ya should attend my school and learn. :wacko:

Bama,

Hope everything is going good.

CC,

Ya doing OK? You coming over to the Ruger Challenge next month?

BW

I will be there but the private showing of the wedding will be in my room and the lights will be out.

Uh...a private showing in Charlie's room with the lights out huh....dang Blue Wolf, finally something 'right up your alley' :) I think I'll just pass on that screening.

However, as the owner of the original video footage and holder of the world wide distribution rights I'm thinking we should show it up on the big screen in the pavilion area like the movie set up last year.

KK,

I will need a very good bribe with your application! Maybe some fine cooking (hint hint). I mean ya talk the talk now let's see the walk :lol: :lol: I heard ya was gaming up a rifle also..........is this because ya couldn't beat LSC in speed pistol so ya thought rifle might win? I have a suggestion, since I trained LSC on the secrets of successful CAS, maybe ya should attend my school and learn. :wacko:

BW

Let me noodle a little on that "home cooking" request...I have an idea but need to check on a few details.

I finally saved up some coin and got a fine "faster than I can shoot" 73 so maybe I can at least be timed with a timer instead of the hourglass they had to use when I shot last year. :)

As for LSC, he just flat put a whippin' on me last year in the speed pistol, I've been practicing a mite and hopefully will be a little closer to him on time.

I did a little checking on your "school" and found out the full name of your course is the Blue Wolf School of SASS Shooting, Excuse Making and Vehicle Dodging. I appreciate the invite but think I'll pass of the course.

Krazy (who don't think that trash talkin' will end for a while) Kajun

Little Bertha will not attend this year-I understand that a d-i-v-o-r-c-e happened about a month into the marriage and she hasn't been seen in Alabama since then.

I guess LSC had a little problem. :lol:

KK,

I found that the best way to beat LSC is to make him shoot a different set of guns every stage. Good luck cause he has fast fingers.

KK,

LSC said I couldn't let you in the school because ya ain't right i n the haid. Said anybody that thought a mite practice would beat him..........well just ain't right in the haid. I'm sorry but i have to pull the invite fer the school since SC and me are close. Maybe if'n ya get real good at dodging you can be recosidered with triplicate application hand writ of course. :D

Now fer the cooking ya might win extra credit on points and even get my autograph, which at present is worth a small fortune in certain places.

Badlands (Gorillo Shoes Extrodinaire) Bob...........I will need a one make that two each a blackberry and peach cobbler. LSC says he be hungry since divorcing Bertha and all that alimony he be paying. :lol:

BW

I guess I'll chime in. Put me in the NOT column. wish I could but I can't so I won't but maybe one of these years.

Grizzly,

Sorry ya not coming, but if'n yagoing to Comin at Cha well me an LSC are planning on being there. Just think ya will be able to meet us in real l;ive person. :lol:

BW

KK,

LSC said I couldn't let you in the school because ya ain't right i n the haid. Said anybody that thought a mite practice would beat him..........well just ain't right in the haid. I'm sorry but i have to pull the invite fer the school since SC and me are close. Maybe if'n ya get real good at dodging you can be recosidered with triplicate application hand writ of course. :D

Now fer the cooking ya might win extra credit on points and even get my autograph, which at present is worth a small fortune in certain places.

Badlands (Gorillo Shoes Extrodinaire) Bob...........I will need a one make that two each a blackberry and peach cobbler. LSC says he be hungry since divorcing Bertha and all that alimony he be paying. :lol:

BW

Don't feel bad Blue Wolf. Yours ain't the only school KK has been kicked out of for his questionable behavior. Why, I was in a school just the other day, delivering food to the orphans and widders, when I seen a picture of KK up on the office wall. I casually inquired about it and was told if'n I seen this fellar near the school to let them know immediately. I was afraid to ask any more questions on account of they was so serious and all.

As for the cobblers, I'm thinking about one apple cobbler and one peach cobbler this year. Mix things up a bit. I hate to get in a rut.

J. Mark , Sorry you're not gonna get make it this year was looking forward to shooting with you and you're son this year.

Bama, You missed a good'n this weekend,just wasn't the same without ya.Hope everything is going well for you with your PT

MS Whiskey, I'll furnish the shotgun and ammo to shoot the tv if you can get KK in your sighjts between the tv and you.

CC, You're right she left just like the last house keeper did and took everything that wasn't nailed down

Well, I'm plannin' on bein' there, as usual!

One of my favorite shoots among some of my favorite folks!!

KK, Ya don't have nothing to worry about this year,i have slowed down in my old age not as fast as i used to be.You're cooking is not going to be like the cook in Monte Walsh's movie is it ? For a big pot of crawfish etouffe i might could get BW to reinstate you in the shooting school and make you a honary member of the wolfettes.(You'd look good in a TU TU )

BTW you might want to reconsider Blue Wolf's offer on the school, he took first in frontiermen this weekend and was the only clean shooter out of 57.He might be slow as He77 but he don't miss.

MR. Grizz,Hope you get to make it to Comin-At-Cha this year several of us Alabama boys are planning on heading out there.Don't know if Blackwater told ya any tall tales last year.Good picture of ya'll tho.Just don't bout the picture in the background.

BLB, Got that covered this year bringing bringing 2 sets of my own.2 cobblers my foot there better be 3 or there is gonna be a bunch of blackmailing going on.HA

LSC

I see where the reward for your hide is up to dang nigh 50 cents now. If'n you'd go ahead and turn yourself in to Lawman Mark and sign that confession you'd get the actual worth of your autograph.

Why, I was in a school just the other day, delivering food to the orphans and widders.........

I figured I'd stop quoting you right there cuz we all know you ain't never darkened the doors of any school 'ceptin the one down in Milledgeville GA where the small yellow bus stops. Madam Hifong said you were the star in the the Moron Ta-pa-napple Choir with the position of lead apple tapper. Delivering food to orphans and widders...HAH!

KK, Ya don't have nothing to worry about this year,i have slowed down in my old age not as fast as i used to be.

That's not what your wife said. Why just the other day ole CC said he talked wif Bertha and she said you wuz a one minute wunder!!

KK,

After studing your avatar and wondering what ya got on your head. I still wonder if'n that is a hat or a cow pile, but after talking to LSC he took up fer ya said you got a new hat. I think maybe you should consider a more recent avatar. Not that there is anything wrong with that thing on yer head. :lol::lol: :lol:

BW

KK,

After studing your avatar and wondering what ya got on your head. I still wonder if'n that is a hat or a cow pile, but after talking to LSC he took up fer ya said you got a new hat. I think maybe you should consider a more recent avatar. Not that there is anything wrong with that thing on yer head. :lol::lol: :lol:

BW

I sold your autograph to pay for my hat :)

I sold your autograph to pay for my hat :)

I see capitalism is well and fine in the establishment where you bought that thing. They bought low and sold high. I bet they laughed all the way to the bank. :lol: :lol: This is fun!!!!!!!!!!

BW

Do ya think maybe we cud have us a flip-flop race this year? I know the rules.

We could have a boiled egg shoot at 100 yds with a 22 rifle. I've dun it. It ain't too hard ta do when yer sober.

Can't wait ta get in that cobbler.

Who's coming wif me and Silver Dollar Don in June to tha Ruger 22 Shoot? How 'bout it BLB?

Do ya think maybe we cud have us a flip-flop race this year? I know the rules.

We could have a boiled egg shoot at 100 yds with a 22 rifle. I've dun it. It ain't too hard ta do when yer sober.

Can't wait ta get in that cobbler.

Who's coming wif me and Silver Dollar Don in June to tha Ruger 22 Shoot? How 'bout it BLB?

What weekend is it? I've got a family reunion in N.C., I think the 2nd weekend. The problem is, there are just not enough weekends to get everything done.

Grizzly,

Sorry ya not coming, but if'n yagoing to Comin at Cha well me an LSC are planning on being there. Just think ya will be able to meet us in real l;ive person. :lol:

BW

KK, Ya don't have nothing to worry about this year,i have slowed down in my old age not as fast as i used to be.You're cooking is not going to be like the cook in Monte Walsh's movie is it ? For a big pot of crawfish etouffe i might could get BW to reinstate you in the shooting school and make you a honary member of the wolfettes.(You'd look good in a TU TU )

BTW you might want to reconsider Blue Wolf's offer on the school, he took first in frontiermen this weekend and was the only clean shooter out of 57.He might be slow as He77 but he don't miss.

MR. Grizz,Hope you get to make it to Comin-At-Cha this year several of us Alabama boys are planning on heading out there.Don't know if Blackwater told ya any tall tales last year.Good picture of ya'll tho.Just don't bout the picture in the background.

BLB, Got that covered this year bringing bringing 2 sets of my own.2 cobblers my foot there better be 3 or there is gonna be a bunch of blackmailing going on.HA

LSC

As it stands right now I'm not going to Comin' at Cha this year either. I keep trying to figure a way to make it work, but I haven't found one yet. But who knows, it's a ways off yet, maybe somehow it will work out.

As for the cobblers, I'm thinking about one apple cobbler and one peach cobbler this year. Mix things up a bit. I hate to get in a rut.

Going to be a tough choice, apple, or peach, peach or apple.

Besides eating, and flip-flop race, will there be shooting this year also? :) MT

Now there's a novel idea! :o

Might just have to look into it - who'd ever a thunk o' that?? :lol: :lol:

Archived