SASS Wire Forum

Hell On Wheels 2012

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:FlagAm:

We passed the 270 mark the other day but the Colorado fires are taking their toll.

A few of our local friends are needing to take care of lost homes and property and won't be able to shoot with us.

Please keep everyone touched by these fires in your prayers.

RRW

:FlagAm:

We passed the 270 mark the other day but the Colorado fires are taking their toll.

A few of our local friends are needing to take care of lost homes and property and won't be able to shoot with us.

Please keep everyone touched by these fires in your prayers.

RRW

Consider it done RRW.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Our hearts go out to our Colorado pards.

They are in our prayers.

Loaded the wagon last night & headed out this morning after some good grub.

See y'all in a coupla days.

--Dawg

Start hydrating now folks, temps are supposed to be low 90's for the match. Campers are rolling in and final punch list is being addressed by the match director. It's really dry here and fire danger is very high, humidity is less than 10%. Don't believe that old "but it's a dry heat" saying, it's hot! 6500 feet here @ the range, you are losing moisture and don't realize it, the sun is very intense.

The props are great, best I've seen. Targets are close and large, lots of movement. If you're still trying to decide if you want to come to HOW do it. We're going to have alot of fun and do alot of shooting.

Stop me and introduce yourself, I'm the guy with the nicest hat on the range.

Louisiana Lightnin' :)

Start hydrating now folks, temps are supposed to be low 90's for the match. Campers are rolling in and final punch list is being addressed by the match director. It's really dry here and fire danger is very high, humidity is less than 10%. Don't believe that old "but it's a dry heat" saying, it's hot! 6500 feet here @ the range, you are losing moisture and don't realize it, the sun is very intense.

The props are great, best I've seen. Targets are close and large, lots of movement. If you're still trying to decide if you want to come to HOW do it. We're going to have alot of fun and do alot of shooting.

Stop me and introduce yourself, I'm the guy with the nicest hat on the range.

Louisiana Lightnin' :)

Nicest hat you say?

KK

Greetings from central Iowa.

Dakota & I are halfway to Hell on Wheels.

Should be rolling into Cheyenne tomorrow night

Gotta go up to Laramie for a little business Thursday morning, but will drop by to sign in & visit some vendors in the afternoon.

1860s are ready to go.

When I think about each stage, Gonna ask myself "What would my pard Split Rail do?"

Then.................take about twice the time to do it! :lol:

See y'all Thursday.

--Dawg

Well, I had thought I was going to be able to shoot the match after all, but my topsy turvy life took another turn for the busy. I am hoping to make it up Thursday for a while just to visit though.

Gonna be a heck of a match.

Howdy, Pards,

This has nothing to do with the fires, I just have too much going on. :( Maybe next year... Sure do wish I could get away. Have fun, but watch for conditions conducinve to range fires! I'm NOT in the fire areas, but I found a bunch of dead pine needles under one of my evergreen trees next to my house, and had them cleared out. Afraid the 100+ temps could start combusting spontaneously! :unsure:

God Bless those in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God comfort those who have lost their homes in the Colorado conflagrations! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Best regards,

HOW is really a great shoot. I've been able to enjoy it as a spectator and as a shooter over the years and it just keeps getting better and better.

Sorry I will not be attending this year, however I hope y'all have a good time and watch out for that heat!! B)

I'm keeping the pards that are experiencing the fires in my prayers.

Archived