SASS Wire Forum

Lost cowboy chronicles

Col. Roosevelt

My old computer finally laid down. Sorry to see it go. Had to get a new one. Had old copies of cowboy chronicle stored on it since I have been getting the electronic version. Lost all of them. When I look at the members only section the newest I find is from 2008, and 2007. Am I missing something? Seeking professional help(don't that sound nice?)to try and recover the info. Other stuff on the hard drive too, but really miss looking back for info in old issues. Wish we lived back when "hard drive" meant moving livestock across 80 miles without water.

My old computer finally laid down. Sorry to see it go. Had to get a new one. Had old copies of cowboy chronicle stored on it since I have been getting the electronic version. Lost all of them. When I look at the members only section the newest I find is from 2008, and 2007. Am I missing something? Seeking professional help(don't that sound nice?)to try and recover the info. Other stuff on the hard drive too, but really miss looking back for info in old issues. Wish we lived back when "hard drive" meant moving livestock across 80 miles without water.

I'm always amazed by how many people don't back up their data, cheap simple insurance and you won't lose anything......Doc

Did the motherboard crap out or did your hard drive crash? If it died because of anything other than the hard drive, and your old hard drive is still O.K., you could remove it from your old PC, buy a hard drive enclosure case, and hook it up to your new PC as if it were an external drive. That way you would have access to ALL of your old files.

Guest Pukin Dog, SASS#55356-Life

I'm always amazed by how many people don't back up their data, cheap simple insurance and you won't lose anything......Doc

+1

Most likely your hard drive is still OK. You could take that along with you when you buy your new computer and the techs there should be able to transfer the data. Then buy yourself an external hard drive to back up (religiously)your new computer. An alternate would be to have the data backed up to an online storage site. Here is a link to the top 10 for 2011.

http://www.thetop10bestonlinebackup.com/online-storage

Many thanks for the all info, some of the data will be recovered. My own fault for not backing up regularly.I need to do better. Old computer was like a dependable horse you ride even if you have others. I was mostly hoping to find links to the chronicle to rebuild that folder.

Many thanks for the all info, some of the data will be recovered. My own fault for not backing up regularly.I need to do better. Old computer was like a dependable horse you ride even if you have others. I was mostly hoping to find links to the chronicle to rebuild that folder.

Bearcat,

I have all of files from 2009 through 2012 if you cannot recover them from your hard drive. Send me your email address and I can send them to you.

2007 & 2008 are on the members site for download. I don't know why SASS has not uploaded any other years to the members site; there is so much more that can be done for members on that site. We should be sharing ideas, prop plans, stage layouts, and targets for other clubs to use.

JS Sooner

ThanksJS you've come through for me before. I'll send a pm with the address directly. I agree completely with you about the members only site. The chronicle seems like a no brainer for the site, and the idea about plans, props, etc is a good one.

ThanksJS you've come through for me before. I'll send a pm with the address directly. I agree completely with you about the members only site. The chronicle seems like a no brainer for the site, and the idea about plans, props, etc is a good one.

I sent the links, you should have 40 new emails so check your spam box in case they were diverted there.

Archived