SASS Wire Forum

Wiil you be carring going to Eot

http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements

New Mexico currently recognizes concealed carry permits from or has reciprocal agreements with the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements

New Mexico currently recognizes concealed carry permits from or has reciprocal agreements with the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

Now is that not something I called and talked to the New Mex. DPS yesterday at about 8am and was told that they New Mex. did not recognizes Texas CHL .In fact as you know their web sight said the same and the Texas DPS web sight also said as of 04/27/2012 New Mex. no longer recognizes Texas CHL.

I called friends who had just started thier vac.and they packed up and left New Mex. last night.

YES TODAY NO IN THE AM MAYBE THE NEXT DAY

IT WAS BUT NOT TODAY PAY UP

I will not be carrying a concealed firearm on Founders Ranch since the owners of this private property have stated that they do not allow this practise. (See NM Title 10, Chapter 8, Part 2, section 27.)

;) One Nation Under Ted....explain this concept of compliance to a lesser ruling by a lower authority again reallllllll slooooowwww please? :FlagAm:

Related but kind of off topic: Wonder how they will respond when, and if the Federal Concealed Carry law is approved. I can see a bunch of tax payer dollars being used to try and circumvent any fulfillment of our Constitutional Right. Start saving your money NM.

TT

The New Mexico DPS website was updated yesterday (May 1st) and Texas CHL's (among others) are now recognized. You can click on this link to take you to the updated web site where you can check the list for yourself:

NM DPS web site

According to Alice Tripp (Texas State Rifle Association Legislative Director), New Mexico has been deluged with calls and emails concerning their previous changes and quickly reevaluated their position. Providing constructive feedback in an appropriate manner can make a difference!

Regards, TJH

Gentlemen, as of 5 minutes ago....NM DPS website had this posted.

Updated May 1, 2012

In Response to many inquiries, NM DPS has not MADE ANY DECISIONS on, but IS conducting an AUDIT of States with reprosity ...to ensure compliance with NM State law.

Now, as for myself, I will be keeping tabs on what goes on, as it affects my cc license.

I also will carry, under my constitutional right!!!

I hope this will not deter you from coming to EOT, or any other state shoot!

Shanley and I will be at the Colorado State match...as well as Comin' at 'Cha in Texas!!!

Thanks for your time!

The New Mexico DPS website was updated yesterday (May 1st) and Texas CHL's (among others) are now recognized. You can click on this link to take you to the updated web site where you can check the list for yourself:

NM DPS web site

According to Alice Tripp (Texas State Rifle Association Legislative Director), New Mexico has been deluged with calls and emails concerning their previous changes and quickly reevaluated their position. Providing constructive feedback in an appropriate manner can make a difference!

Regards, TJH

THEY MAY SAY THAT ON THE WEB I CALLED THE NEW MEX DPS today AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY DID NOT REC. TEXAS CHL at this time and yes it would be a fine if you did carry concealed , Texas web sight has it that new mex. is not a state that rec. Texas CHL

Most of us do not have the time or money to fight tring to get out of jail ,on VAC. after you spent half of your VAC. in jail, sorry no charges .

I say stay out of that state untill everyone knows (are they going to rec. our CHL or not?) .Now they do but what happens in the A.M.Sort of like a speed trap (IF STOPPED YOU ARE GOING TO PAY)

Was not going to EOT anyway

;) carry? ;) carry what? :o who me? B)

I will not be carrying a concealed firearm on Founders Ranch since the owners of this private property have stated that they do not allow this practise. (See NM Title 10, Chapter 8, Part 2, section 27.)

So, if this is in fact true, why not just boycott this property too? Like we do when a business posts a sign not allowing concealed carry. Tell em when the sign goes down, business will pick up. Can't imagine Founders Ranch not allowing concealed carry. Guess they don't trust the competitors unless their guns have been checked at the door.

So, if this is in fact true, why not just boycott this property too? Like we do when a business posts a sign not allowing concealed carry. Tell em when the sign goes down, business will pick up. Can't imagine Founders Ranch not allowing concealed carry. Guess they don't trust the competitors unless their guns have been checked at the door.

You ask a fair question. I often boycott businesses that prohibit concealed carry. However, I don't boycott every such business on principle. The shooting ranges I frequent are not hostile to concealed carry. If fact they allow their facilities to be used to teach concealed carry classes. They are cold ranges and prohibit loaded firearms anywhere except firing locations (possibly for insurance reasons). This is a de facto ban on concealed carry since an unloaded, concealed firearm isn't particularly useful for self-defence. So, I don't boycott local shooting ranges because that would end my participation in organzed shooting events. Our local gun shows don't allow concealed carry either. I plan to keep attending them.

My how things can change in 24 hrs.

This information is current as of May 1, 2012

This was posted for information only not yo start a debate..........

Archived