SASS Wire Forum

MidWest Classic

Turkey Legs #48384

Had a great time this past weekend at the MidWest Classic. If ya missed it you missed a great shoot. They have added a few new stages and upgraded others down there in Sparta and I must say they were awesome! Sugah was there so I am sure when she has the time she will post some pictures for all to enjoy. The senerios were the best I have shoot in along time - not your usual sweeps - but different patterns that even though you may have to think alittle were quite fun.

Congrats to "Tator and Dew r Dye" for overall winners!

Turkey Legs.. We had a great posse... #3...Samuel Doc Eells did a great job as our Posse Marshall..

and it ran as smooth as glass..

It was great gettin' to shoot with them Ohio boys and gettin' to know them..

As you said.. it was another Great Midwest Classic...

Thanks to Mose and Bella and the Kaskaskia Cowboys.. they do things up right..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' Lacey and I had a ball :)

See ya all back in May for the Illinois State :)

Scores posted yet?? :mellow:

Posse #3 RULES!!

Mose and Bella outdid themselves this time. Everything ran like clockwork and the weather even cooperated.

It was a great weekend with Doc Eells, Mean Gun Mark and Buffalo Dick camped right beside us and all on the same posse. We truely had a blast! And then on Saturday night we had a blast from the past as all the old cars were on displaay for the banquet.

I've tried to critique the entire setup but I can't think of one negative thing to say. It was a positively great weekend.

PS...we finally found the keys to Tammy's car. Evidently I dropped them in the back of the car and put a rifle case over them. When I closed the hatch, it must have been just enough to bump the lock button on the key fob. Two round trips to Sparta (3 hours total)in one day was a little more than I bargained for though. Oh well...stuff happens and we're back to normal.

Now for some sleep before the midnight shift. :(

Ditto, ditto, ditto to all things said - "The Legs", Dry Fire (Talks way too much), "De Bandit" - Shotgun Style, Doc Wire (wouldn't even take a saw buck to change a score!), Doc "Just an OK Gumbo Cook" Eells (i hope he doesn't cook as well he runs a possee and shoots), Mark (he left an indelable one). Bison Richard, Ugly (but clean), Cumberland Drifter (his aim sure doesn't), Tornado (blazing!), and all the rest of Possee 3, we had a great time!!!!!! I will be looking for ya'll down the road! KCDrover

Mose and Bella, you done good, one of the funnest shoots I go to. However, posse 6 was the posse to be on. Between T-Bone, Nuttin,Honey, Ellie Gant, Copperhead and a few Outlaws, the fun just never stopped. There may have been a few shooters on our posse that was not expecting live entertainment for three full days.

It was great to see everyone again and I love that facility up there. See everyone at the Open.

Thank you FRIENDS of posse 3! Rance, you and Lacey were a great enjoyment and addition to the posse! Drover, always good pard, T.L. and dry fire, you guys are great, have a blast with the two of you. Turkey Legs, I am flattered that you want to be like me but can't you set your goals a little higher? I am sure to forget to list someone, but will try anyway! Ok, maybe I better not! You all on the posse rocked! I did not have a real job to do because you guys all pitched in, did the work and made my life fun for the weekend. Rance & Lacey, Drifter, hope you all can join the rest of us in Ohio!

Mose and Bella, my Great friends, What a wonderful job you guys did. I don't know how you do it. Your imagination and creativity seem endless right along with your energy and continuous mission to entertain the shooters! The match was an absolute blast! Fun and challenging stages, target placement and transitioning! Last year I said that I did not think that you would be able to out do yourselves and you proved me wrong....a car show for cryin out loud!!! Who would think! I am really gonna miss being in Sparta for your next event, but will sure be looking forward to next year!

Mean Gun Mark...I just love to pick on you! But Like Buffy, I wouldn't do it if I did not like ya! Thanks for all your help with the posse, thanks for the friendship and let's do it again!

Buffy, thank you too my friend! It is awesome having a great grandfather figure with us on the road! Your wit, humor and easy going personality are a true asset to the road trips. Enjoy every shoot we share!

DJ...NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH BOO, BOO! Wish you were with us!

Gotta' add my two centavos here!! This was my sixth or seventh time to go to Sparta for a match, and every time it's better. Kudos to the personel and staff at WSRC. As a shooter, a vendor, and a spectator you are catered to and treated great.

Mose ol' buddy, you and Miss Bella keep raising the bar when it comes to how to put a match together. Like Doc Eeells said, "A car show??". We had a GREAT setup for the vendors and a great bunch of vendors, (I hope I'm considered one among those) with a fine selection of goods and services with excelent quality and selection. There was fun entertainment, food, (all meals were included) super stages, great posses, (posse six was over the top) and the usual Dooley Gang entertainment, which goes on all weekend and has extended into the actual match on certain posses :rolleyes: . On top of all of that, EVERYTHING WAS ON TIME!!!!

GREAT JOB!!

To 'Bone and Nuttin' and Tombstone and Okaw and Ellie and Honey and Low Gap and my buddy Copperhead Joe and Miss Bo and all the folks on posse six, WHOOOOOEEEE!! DIDJA THINK WE WAS EVER GONNA" QUIT LAUGHING???

Finally, to all of the shooters and spectators and their families, what a great bunch of folks!! Without you, we'd all be sitting in front of a boob tube or watchin' grass grow. You guys are why this has become what it is. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did!

An absolutely outstanding event. I'll be talking this one up everywhere I go. Kudos to Mose and Bella and everyone else involved in the planning and running of this match.

Posse three rocked, at times there would be four people picking up brass, people worked so willingly we were getting in each others way at times.

This was the second stop on a whole schedule of away events that Samuel "Doc" Eels, Mean Gun Mark and I have committed to doing together this year. We will be hitting some familiar favorite events and some to which we have never been. This was my first trip to Sparta and I met a lot of people I had never met before. I anticipate this year being the most fun year ever since I started in this sport.

We also hope to have our "bi*ch" DJ McDraw with us at some of these events.

Be watching for the Doc's Tavern and Bunkhouse traveling circus at an event near you this year!

Mose, Bella, and crew.......You all did a great job. I loved the scenarios, targets, and movement. I haven't shot many matches at all for 2 years BUT this match has got me fired up once again. Thanks to Doc and Mark for the posse work. Thanks to all of posse 3 for the hard work too. It was great meeting new friends and hope to shoot with you all soon.

Doc, I will try to work out coming to Ohio in june.

Drifter

I cant add anything to what has already been said...great stages ....great posee....even the weather was good ...and the job Mose and Bella did was outstanding..........................one thing tho Buffy has some unique starting lines."yer highness"

Starting lines....we were told every stages started with

Lets go to Texas

All things considered I had a blast.

Hey Doc, did you guys ever choke down....I mean drink the fancy beer I gave ya. :lol:

It made it's way, in part, into a pot of Mean Gun Mark's chili! We took your warning seriously!

That was probably a wise move Doc. Maybe I just don't have the sophisticated tastebuds to enjoy Missouri beer...but then again, maybe it just sucks. :lol:

Scores anywhere. I gots some people that shot there that need to be either congratulate, comisserated or hoorahed.

Starting lines....we were told every stages started with

Lets go to Texas

A funny thing happened when I left the match. I needed to head for Kentucky, but ended up in Texas?? Must have been the not-so subliminal messaging!

A funny thing happened when I left the match. I needed to head for Kentucky, but ended up in Texas?? Must have been the not-so subliminal messaging!

Are you sort of making a "Grand Tour"?

Sounds great; there's a lot of great shoots out there; wish I had the time/$ to do something like that myself.

Hope to see you somewheres down the trail again; take care.

Archived