SASS Wire Forum

Altered the headlights and tailights on my bike.

Korupt Karl

In anticipation of going to Kentucky for a shoot next month I decided to tweak the bike a bit. I added a Mustang seat to it last month and so far it's up to snuff with it's reputation. My previous bike had a blinking headlight and when I was in Florida I saw a tailight on a bike that blinked three times before going solid....you could see it a couple blocks away.

My dealer installed a modulator on my headlight which is well concealed and the tailight and turnsignals are set up to blink. This is going to give my wife some comfort when I set out for a six hour ride....and myself as well. With people on cell phones and other distractions it's easy to be missed.

http://www.chopperexchange.com/productimages/more/488262.jpg

KK

I worry about it every time I go out on my bicycle too. My tact is to ride like no one sees me. Very defensively. It seems to help.

If you don't mind a product plug, I've taken to wearing an ID wrist band all the time. I bought it for rides in case I go down and need a paramedic. Since it's on my wrist, they don't need to go digging about for my wallet or have to call in my drivers lic. You can put several lines of text on it. A friend of mine had his life saved due to one. http://www.roadid.com

While they're aimed at bicyclists and runners and such, I think they'd be valuable for motorcyclists as well.

I worry about it every time I go out on my bicycle too. My tact is to ride like no one sees me. Very defensively. It seems to help.

If you don't mind a product plug, I've taken to wearing an ID wrist band all the time. I bought it for rides in case I go down and need a paramedic. Since it's on my wrist, they don't need to go digging about for my wallet or have to call in my drivers lic. You can put several lines of text on it. A friend of mine had his life saved due to one. http://www.roadid.com

While they're aimed at bicyclists and runners and such, I think they'd be valuable for motorcyclists as well.

I wear roadid dogtags.

Anything you can do to aid your visibility to the "cagers" is always a wise decision.

Unfortunately, for some, they can't seem to see Big Rigs let alone us bikers so riding means you are always on the offense (or defense if you prefer to react instead of act). We could run a whole thread of "horror stories" about near miss's, close calls and even "they didn't miss".

The Misses was highly sensitive to being visible when I built her current bike but she also "had to have" the Model A Ford tail light...not the brightest light in the world even after I converted it to 12v high discharge LED. Ended up adding LED tears to her bags that have the triple flash stop built in 'cause the while cool, the Model A just wasn't cutting it.

Y'all ride safe out there.

Had a modulator installed on my headlight, LED brake, run and turn signals on the rear, with the three-flash option on the brake before turning to solid red. ALl this was done back in August when I went if for a disastrous knee transplant. Knee has never healed enough for me to ride since. She is sitting out front under a cover patiently waiting for me to get better. BTW, her name is Esmerelda.

Had a modulator installed on my headlight, LED brake, run and turn signals on the rear, with the three-flash option on the brake before turning to solid red. ALl this was done back in August when I went if for a disastrous knee transplant. Knee has never healed enough for me to ride since. She is sitting out front under a cover patiently waiting for me to get better. BTW, her name is Esmerelda.

Sorry about the knee and all. Hope you can get out soon. Went for a country ride with a pal. I ride a 1500 Suzuki Boulevard Touring and he rides an 1800 Yamaha Cruiser. We stopped for my bud to have a cig break and I asked if we could trade bikes. I got to see the headlights and the tail lights in action. They do all the visibility front and rear that I hoped for.

kk

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/Roofdoc/2012-04-26121731.jpg can't really post a video, but here is the bike. Sorry, the picture comes out small.

Is it just me or does your bike with someone else riding it always look funny? :unsure:

Yes, but I wanted to see what the lights looked like. The neat thing is that both of our bikes are Silver, both black leather studded seats, both white walls, both clear windshield....at a distance they look like twins....and I did ride his bike before I bought my current one....just wanted to see what a cruiser was like.

kk

Archived