SASS Wire Forum

SLICK AS SNOT PRIMER FILLER REVIEW

I'm please to announce the first of these arriving yesterday in the USA. Like a kid at Christmas I pulled one out of the packaging; installed (2) AA's and scurried off to get some Large and Small primers to try it out.

The hardest thing about using it is remembering to pry back the little tabbies on the back of Federal primer boxes before trying to slide back the package sleeve. At first I laid the package on the little table, but then on the next one I pulled off the sleeve and turned the tool upside down. Both methods worked fine but I think the upside down flip was easier.

Flipping the primers 'cup-up' is simple with the handle underneath the tray- I was surprised how quickly they flipped on such a small surface. Then you just slide the cover over them and hit the trigger to activate the vibrator.

When you tip the tool so the primers can run into the primer tube it's easy to regulate how fast/slow they feed by how much you tip it. Unlike the RF100 where if a primer tips you have to take the whole top of the machine apart; this simple tool you just tip it back a little, the primer straightens out and you're back in busines in a heartbeat. All while it's still vibrating. You can also see all the little dudes feeding right side up! Unfortunately my RF100 often gets an upside down primer and you can't see it until it's in the primer feed on the loader. That's if you see it at all.... and then catch it before you load it in a rifle... ahemmm... yeah, that's how I know.

From sliding the package sleeve to loading a full tube is about 30 seconds after three trials. Flawless, quick, small and simple... I asked him to make a gate on a plastic handle one for easy battery changes and to make it a bit less expensive. But, now that I've used it ... I'm a little less interested in "cheaper".

This thing works. I hate loading tubes so much that I'll fight that RF100 rather than load without it. The RF100 with (2) tubes (large/small) is about $370 plus shipping and takes up space on your table.

The SLICK AS SNOT (SAS? ;) ) is way less and works way better. Thanks to MT Chambers for bringing this to my attention. I'll bring mine to the TX STATE Shoot.

Here's the video link:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brother King,

If this is a for real unit, where did you get it?

I, like you, hate filling primer tubes.

Ol' #4

Send you a PM #4.

Still using my Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime Automatic Primer Tube Filler that I bought from Midway 12 years ago for both large and small primers. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. Let me know when they plan on making these available in the US.

Tramp, Sent you a PM.

more info please.

Thanks

Carty

Tried to PM you, CC, but the error says "CC can't use the messaging system". Send me an email to king@kingofthemountain.com and I'll send you details.

Unlike the RF100 where if a primer tips you have to take the whole top of the machine apart

Dental picks can fix that without taking the whole top off.

But that video would even be better.

me too , meetuu! :lol:

cheyenne

A "momentary contact" switch for the power might be a lot better than that toggle switch, but it sure looks cool.

Good luck, GJ

It's dang hard not to be impressed by someone that can pick-fill a primer tube in 30 seconds! YOU DA MAN! ;)

I think that I sent info to all who requested it. Thanks so much for your interest. If I missed ya please send me a PM and I'll get it out immediately.

GCK your inbox is full.

Archived