SASS Wire Forum

DFW - San Antonio Area Cowboys

I'm looking for a new Ford Flex. But none of the dealers w/in 150m of me have what I want. Grapevine Ford does & so does Jackson Ford in Borrne. But I want to get the best deal I can if I'm gonna drive 300m to do it. Heard quite some time back that Red McComb was the biggest Ford dealer in Texas. Wondering if he still is.

If there is a Ford dealer in your area that you like, have them do a regional search for exactly what you want. Or, if you know where one is let them know where it's at. Have them deal with the logistics of getting it to their dealership and you'll still be dealing with your local dealer.

Just two cents worth,

Barry Sloe

Col,

McCombs is big, don't know if he is the biggest Ford dealer. Red, personally sold me my first vehicle in 1965. A lot of the San Antonio folks shop in the small towns around San Antonio. Try Blue Bonnet Ford in New Braunfels and Jennings Ford in Boerne, Tx. By the way, I still have the Roy Rogers hat I got from you years ago.

Col,

McCombs is big, don't know if he is the biggest Ford dealer. Red, personally sold me my first vehicle in 1965. A lot of the San Antonio folks shop in the small towns around San Antonio. Try Blue Bonnet Ford in New Braunfels and Jennings Ford in Boerne, Tx. By the way, I still have the Roy Rogers hat I got from you years ago.

Well Barry in the past 20 years I've tried 3 different times to buy a new Ford with the dealer here in town and could never get the job done. They want to lowball you on your trade & stay high on theirs & won't budge.

Bob I sorta figured you did. Saw you @ EOT back in 07 & you were wearing it then. I bought me one @ a custom hat maker in Lubbock about 06. I seldom wear it & so far I've managed to keep it clean, which is a hard job in this west Texas dust.

Jennings in Boerne has one I like and John Monfort contacted me about it. I have to work tomorrow but I just may drive down Tuesday and see if we can put together a deal. I haven't tried Blue Bonnet but I will later this evening.

Archived