SASS Wire Forum

Hey BMC

Got my flyfishing catalog from Cabelas today! :o Now I've bought some expensive toys for my array of hobbies but I had no idea!!!! If one were to indulge in flyfishing, golf, fine whisky, good cigars,collector grade firearms, and wild women he wouldn't have any money left.

But then he wouldn't have any fun either! :lol::lol:

Dang it Sam, now I'm gonna have to hike out to the road and see if mine came today! Not that I'm in the market, but if nothing else you reminded me I forgot to pick up the mail today.

Just got her to bed and did the exercises that she can do now. Been pretty busy all day. Fishing seems like a long far off dream. :lol: I figure it will be at least three weeks before I can bend a rod.

Just jump in Sam and buy one of them fancy rods and reels.

Just got her to bed and did the exercises that she can do now. Been pretty busy all day. Fishing seems like a long far off dream. :lol: I figure it will be at least three weeks before I can bend a rod.

Just jump in Sam and buy one of them fancy rods and reels.

Sticker shock deluxe!!!!!! Getting one of those rigs by Central Command may take more cunning than sneaking by an extraordinarily noticeable rifle.

Sticker shock deluxe!!!!!! Getting one of those rigs by Central Command may take more cunning than sneaking by an extraordinarily noticeable rifle.

This what happens when yuppies get involved in the buying end of things. Value Added is the password of flyfishing manufactures. Reels for trout and pan fish do not need to cost over $100.00, but that is what the market will bear so that is what they are. The old Pflueger medalist reels cost less than $20.00 at one time, were made better, would handle any fish that you will be likely to catch in US Waters, and has few parts that require maintenance. But as you can see, Cabelas has featured reels costing several hundreds of dollars that will do the same thing. Only they click louder or less depending on how you stand in the boat and how much you pee in the water. Look on Ebay and see if you can find some good gear there. Be careful though, because there are sharks in the water.

This what happens when yuppies get involved in the buying end of things. Value Added is the password of flyfishing manufactures. Reels for trout and pan fish do not need to cost over $100.00, but that is what the market will bear so that is what they are. The old Pflueger medalist reels cost less than $20.00 at one time, were made better, would handle any fish that you will be likely to catch in US Waters, and has few parts that require maintenance. But as you can see, Cabelas has featured reels costing several hundreds of dollars that will do the same thing. Only they click louder or less depending on how you stand in the boat and how much you pee in the water. Look on Ebay and see if you can find some good gear there. Be careful though, because there are sharks in the water.

At one time we had a NIB Ted Williams fly reel in the antique store. :( No, I'm not buying any of that YUPPIE stuff unless they are trying to unload it at "A River Runs Through IT" garage sales at a big discount.

Since I got Momma home from the hospital, and she is recovering from her knee surgery, and I am the designated care giver, I doubt that I will be fishing anytime in the next few weeks. BUT, and there is always a but, greed got the better of me, and last night I took out the little 2 wt rod and my Hardy Featherweight reel and hooked them together. OH SWEET MOTHER McCHREE, that little rod is like a magic wand. I can hardly wait to get out and try it on some of those lakes that traditionally produce giant small fish. A few 8 inch trout or perhaps a couple of blue gills would set me up for the month. :)

Archived