SASS Wire Forum

WOW what a day

Perro Del Diablo

My club sponsored youth day for boy scouts and club member kids n grandkids. The had chance to shoot benchrest 22 rifle trap skeet archery and CAS put on Holy Black with muzzle suffers 92 lever guns and a Ballard single shot in 38 colt. Lots of history from smooth bore to modern rifle and pistols. We had hot dogs for lunch and smiles all day.

Sounds like a great time. Keep up the good work of introducing shooting sports to the younger generations. They are the future of the sport.

This old Scouter loves it!!

This old Scouter loves it!!

Definitely a good deed!

Sounds like an awesome day!

We used to take our Scouts to the range and teach them safe gun handling habits.... Shot targets, trap, etc.... Always a good time for the boys!

Wish I'd known about CAS back then, we'd have added that as well!

Johnny (retired Scout leader) Tarr

As we were setting up for The Great Rib Roundup at Fort Miller week before last, I looked up and saw a smiling face I recognized but was totally out of context with the setting. After a moment I realized she was a Venture Scout leader I know from a neighboring district, and she told me her crew had just spent the day training and shooting on another part of the range.

Darn, if I'd only known they were going to be there we would've given them an introduction to Cowboy Action Shooting.

Next year! ;)

Hardpan - District Commissioner, BSA Sequoia Council, Thunderbird District

I'm very glad that you had a fun time ....

........ my club is holding an "open day" this comming sunday, aimed more at any interested "non-shooters" and friends/relatives.

We will be having a range full of different guns ... AND Cowboy (although not Cowboy Action Shooting) ... for them to try out ^_^

............ I hope the weather holds :unsure:

I'm very glad that you had a fun time ....

........ my club is holding an "open day" this comming sunday, aimed more at any interested "non-shooters" and friends/relatives.

We will be having a range full of different guns ... AND Cowboy (although not Cowboy Action Shooting) ... for them to try out ^_^

............ I hope the weather holds :unsure:

Well, Jack... have ya invited your local Scouts~? :rolleyes:

Archived