SASS Wire Forum

From time to time

To buy a small pocket point and click digital camera. Want it for fishing, road trips, and odds and ends. Nothing expensive or complicated. Would like to to be able to take macro type pictures but that is not a show stopper. Any suggestions?

I thought everybody just took pics with their cellphones nowadays. :lol:

I've used Fuji cameras for the past several years and like em a lot.

Depends on how much you want to spend.

link

Like UB says, depends on features and price you want to spend. I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix S6100 at Wal-Mart at a reduced price of $129.00. Has a touch screen, wide 7X zoom, 16.0 megapixels and a 5-35mm main lens. Also does HD video at 720p resolution.

Its been good enough for my uses.

I always have my carry gun and a digital camera; I often carry a cell phone. Cell phones generally stink for taking meangful photos.

Photos that I just taken recently include:

$30000 Winchester Model 21 (I'll never be able to afford the actual gun)

Bumper stick that said "Nuttier than a squirrel turd"

1959 Chevy pulling a trailer loaded with a Nissan pickup

A photo of my cell phone with four bars with standing on the Great Wall of China near Mutianyu at 4500 fasl

A photo of the inside of my pocket (an accident, but somewhere that I had never actually been)

Best Buys and such have clearance or discontinued cameras for $100 or so all the time.

We have two, a canon and a nikon I think, but I'm not real sure. Both inexpensive models. One thing I looked for was a camera that used AA batteries, sometimes that's harder than it sounds as many use some other format battery that comes with a recharger. I wanted something I could pick up batteries for at most any gas station or 7-11. Nothing worse that being on some grand adventure and having the camera batteries go dead and no quick way of getting juice for them.

I thought everybody just took pics with their cellphones nowadays. :lol:

I've used Fuji cameras for the past several years and like em a lot.

Depends on how much you want to spend.

link

Knowin BMC, he probably doesn't want to spend any money. :lol:

Archived