SASS Wire Forum

.45 Colt load info request

I am looking for some ideas about loading some .45s. I have a nice supply of 200 grain bullets and a pile of Federal large pistol primers and now I just need to finish the formula. Please PM me with your ideas. I am looking for a light recoiling load.

Thanks for the help,

Ketchum Quick

I am looking for some ideas about loading some .45s. I have a nice supply of 200 grain bullets and a pile of Federal large pistol primers and now I just need to finish the formula. Please PM me with your ideas. I am looking for a light recoiling load.

Thanks for the help,

Ketchum Quick

Do you have some C45S brass? - I hear that is the BEST way to acheive the lighter loads with accuracy.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Do you have some C45S brass? - I hear that is the BEST way to acheive the lighter loads with accuracy.

No Gunner I am loading for my '73 and I do not have the special modded carrier to run that brass. Besides, my rifle has a 24 inch barrel, I am not too worried about top notch accuracy.

KQ

IMR, Hodgdon and Winchester all publish "cowboy" loads. they are available on their web sites.

^^^^This pretty much, IMR has an online searchable laoding manual. You match p your caliber to your bullet and powder, and Bangor you got your minimum and max powder measure. All you are missin is some Trail Boss powder....

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

No Gunner I am loading for my '73 and I do not have the special modded carrier to run that brass. Besides, my rifle has a 24 inch barrel, I am not too worried about top notch accuracy.

KQ

Ah - the reach out and touch someone barrel ;)

Try the loading data in the Hodgdon on-line manual:

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

for the 200 grain lead bullet and mid-to-low end Clays load.

And my favorite is the low end 700X load. Little more accurate than Clays for me.

Good luck, GJ

Archived