SASS Wire Forum

ramblings of a retired mind

Subject: Wanderings of a Retired Mind

WANDERINGS OF A RETIRED MIND

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it

I had amnesia once---or twice

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart. Now what?

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

If the world were a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

My weight is perfect for my height--which varies.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off

Is it me --or do Buffalo Wings taste like chicken?

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Not if they come from the government! ;)

I was tired for many years. Now I am Retired and taking naps as necessary....

Problem solved...

...retirement is all about every day being Saturday except for Sunday... <_<

...retirement is all about every day being Saturday except for Sunday... <_<

6 Saturdays and a Sunday.....

Not if they come from the government! ;)

Some other guy paid for them.

Some bloke that didn't them received the gift.

Some blokes are expected to vote for those who gave the gift.

hmmm.

I just explained government.

I hear a lot about "entitlement" programs bankrupting the nation. When I retire, my income will come from Military Retirement pay, Social Security pay, and personal savings. Two out of three come from the government. I guess I'm part of those "Entitlement Americans" that lack "Self Reliance" and are bankrupting the country. It does bother me.

Pards, to those of you that are not retired, let me tell ya... It ain't all its cracked up to be. First, you get no days off, no coffee breaks, no holidays, and y'all have your wife telling ya that you finally found a job your qualified for!!!! So just go on enjoying gettin' up at 5:30 AM and working all day.

Tascosa (who is laughing every day)

Pards, to those of you that are not retired, let me tell ya... It ain't all its cracked up to be. First, you get no days off, no coffee breaks, no holidays, and y'all have your wife telling ya that you finally found a job your qualified for!!!! So just go on enjoying gettin' up at 5:30 AM and working all day.

Tascosa (who is laughing every day)

WRONG Tascosa. I get up a 5:00 AM and work all day. Hope to be laughing with you in a couple of years.

I hear a lot about "entitlement" programs bankrupting the nation. When I retire, my income will come from Military Retirement pay, Social Security pay, and personal savings. Two out of three come from the government. I guess I'm part of those "Entitlement Americans" that lack "Self Reliance" and are bankrupting the country. It does bother me.

Military retirement pay is earned. Social Security that you paid into for many years is earned. Your savings that you saved is earned. Big difference between those things and "entitlement" programs such as welfare, rent subsidies, food stamps and free medical care that are given to people that have never earned a thing in their life...................I'm done ranting now!

Military retirement pay is earned. Social Security that you paid into for many years is earned. Your savings that you saved is earned. Big difference between those things and "entitlement" programs such as welfare, rent subsidies, food stamps and free medical care that are given to people that have never earned a thing in their life...................I'm done ranting now!

+ 1

I don't intend to rant at all, but I'll sure second your statements with a big AMEN!!!

Thanks Jackson Rose. Well said.

Some people gripe about Police and Fire pensions to but I must remind them that we pay into this (10.5% of our salary) , more than they pay into Social Security and thanks to Chicago Democrat Congressman Dan Rostenkowski (Convicted Federal Felon pardoned by President Bill Clinton) I am only going to receive 40% of the Social Security benefits that I paid in. I estimate that it'll pay for my gas for a month if it doesn't get any higher....

I paid into my pension plan for 28 years while the politicians refused to pay their portions as required by State Law. That is why pensions are in bad shape. We paid our end....

Some people gripe about Police and Fire pensions to but I must remind them that we pay into this (10.5% of our salary) , more than they pay into Social Security and thanks to Chicago Democrat Congressman Dan Rostenkowski (Convicted Federal Felon pardoned by President Bill Clinton) I am only going to receive 40% of the Social Security benefits that I paid in. I estimate that it'll pay for my gas for a month if it doesn't get any higher....

I paid into my pension plan for 28 years while the politicians refused to pay their portions as required by State Law. That is why pensions are in bad shape. We paid our end....

Wasn’t that a wonderful surprise? I have that same offset

My wife has a niece that is shacked up with her 30 year old fiancée he is too “depressed” to work and draws more on SSI than I draw social security after working 40 years. Of course he isn’t too depressed to ride around on his quad all day and he has pounded out three children that the state is supporting. I’m not allowed to criticize him because he is sick and it’s not his fault. I offered him a 38 caliber cure for his illness and now am pretty much ostracized from that part of the family.

Archived