SASS Wire Forum

cheap reloading tools

Go West

I bought several bullet trays that I use to hold bullets while reloading. These were made by Cactus Chris and they work great and hold up to several thousand bullets. http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/johhnybgood1/?action=view&current=P3120003.jpg I have several for different calibers. I also use 3 gallon water containers for holding clean and dirty brass. I cut the tops off to make it easier to throw them in and to dump into the auto case feeder. http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/johhnybgood1/?action=view&current=P3120002.jpg

You may have other inexpensive tools/gadgets that make your reloading experience better, do you have anything to share?

I use the containers that my cocoa roasted almonds come in, same as the squareish mayo contianers, hold abut 38 oz of nuts. heck, I use em to store bout anything in them that will fit..bullets, brass, loaded cartridges before boxing them, they hold 400ish loaded 38s.

What's nice is that they stack really well...plus I love the cocoa roasted almonds... :wub:

heck, it hurts my feelings when I have to many and have to throw them in the recycle bin <_<

Cheyenne, who may have to go grab a hand full now, Culpepper :)

My dogs eat these Pupcorn treats. They are like crack for dogs, I think the dogs would eat me if I didn't have a pupcorn treat to give them when I got home from work. They come in these plastic barrels pupcorn barrel picture I have a bunch of these I use to store empty brass and hulls, BP style wads, and other bulk reloading items. The older barrels came with a screw on lid, but the new ones work great too, and they are free since I buy the dog treats anyways.

I buy ground corn cob at the feed store and keep it in 5 gallon buckets that I get from the local deli for a $1.

I bought several bullet trays that I use to hold bullets while reloading. These were made by Cactus Chris and they work great and hold up to several thousand bullets. http://s764.photobuc...nt=P3120003.jpg I have several for different calibers.

Now those bullet trays are a great idea....kind of "auto-feed" by gravity. My only concern is for the strength of the plastic.....is the plastic sturdy enough to handle the weight of a few thousand lead bullets....any cracking or bending it out of shape? I'd guess it would not be that hard to make them from wood....just could not see how many were in there unless you opened the top and looked.

All in all I thinks its a pretty cool idea!!

I use the rectangular laundry detergent containers that you get at Sams Club. They are stong enough to fill em up to the point that you don't want to lift them unless you gotta. With the snap on lids back on they stack nicely and being rectangular in shape ther is very little wasted space between them like there is in the round containers.

I use Maxwell House coffee blue plastic containers. They hold about 600 .38 brass and over 1000 32 S&W longs - almost 600 .45ACP's. I don't remember how many .45 colts. They stack nicely. I also hace some of the red Folger's plastic cans, but don't like them as well.

The coffe club at my office used to drink a lot of these coffees, so i could pick up these containers quite regularly.

The clear containers hold several thousand bullets without damage. There is room for more, but the most I put in is about 2,000. I have one per pistol and rifle for .38 and .45. I do like that the column refills the tray as it empties. http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/johhnybgood1/?action=view&current=P3140006.jpg

The clear containers hold several thousand bullets without damage. There is room for more, but the most I put in is about 2,000. I have one per pistol and rifle for .38 and .45. I do like that the column refills the tray as it empties. http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/johhnybgood1/?action=view&current=P3140006.jpg

Where do I get em?

I got mine from Cactus Chris, try him. Someone handy could make them from all sorts of different materials. I could see a big one to use for shotgun hulls.

Folks

Blue Bunny , Ice creame containers for brass ,

Metal coffee cans to hold bulletts , metal is a lot better than plastic , still use both

Cat food and cat litter buckets for media and shotgun hulls

Coffee cans with lids for pigged lead

Loading blocks made from scrap 2x6

CB

One of the wasty things I discard are the little plastic trays that primers come in. It has bothered me for a long time until I discovered that they are perfect containers for the boric acid and vegetable shortening mix used to kill small hive beetles in your bee hives.

The only problem is that one per hive is enough, and they are refillable, so what do I do with the other couple of hundred I have laying around.

Dreaded doouble tap.

Archived