SASS Wire Forum

I Can't Believe It!

DocWard

Awhile ago I checked my e-mail, and there was an e-mail with an attached order from the Ohio Army National Guard. I am, as of 18 April, 2012, retired. I can't believe it. It might take awhile for it to sink in.

On this reverent occasion, I will quote (as best as I can remember) what my former First Sergeant said to the company on the date of his retirement:

"I don't feel no different today than I did yesterday. After chasin' you crazy b@ast@rds all over every trainin' ground, battlefield and to hell's very gates, I was tired. And today, I'm re-tired." :)

Congrats, Doc!

Chick

Thank you all. Mrs. Doc and I took the kids out to dinner just for a little celebration. I think we are both getting used to the idea that we won't have to plan around the National Guard anymore.

Thanks for your service Doc. Enjoy your stand down.

You'll start to miss some things, but enjoy all your new opportunities, and TIME!

Harvey

Congrats and a big thank you. Always good to see 'em make it out the other end. Enjoy the time with family and friends!! :FlagAm::FlagAm:

Congrats and a big thank you. Always good to see 'em make it out the other end. Enjoy the time with family and friends!! :FlagAm::FlagAm:

+1

Awhile ago I checked my e-mail, and there was an e-mail with an attached order from the Ohio Army National Guard. I am, as of 18 April, 2012, retired. I can't believe it. It might take awhile for it to sink in.

Go NAVY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived