SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for Deadlee Headlee

John E. Law

LORD GOD, you know my heart in this matter, please just fix him! we'll give you all the honor and glory. In Jesus' precious name, amen and amen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an extra prayer that they get all the fluids, meds and procedures straightened out so that Deadlee can start the healing process. God Bless.

...prayers up from Indian Territory as well.... ...what Bama said +1.

Well I talked to Darlin yesterday and to Deadlee's Dad this morning and Deadlee isn't doing that great.

He has a blockage somewhere in the intestine and it's backing things up. They put a tube down his throat and removed some of the fluids that have been backing up so I guess he is feeling a little better but they are still not sure how they're going to proceed. Darlin said they'll keep the tube in place for several days. Hopefully they will hear more this morning to find out what they're going to do, but either way it looks like a long road to recovery for him.

Please keep him in your prayers.

JEL

Additional prayers on the way. May these new problems be resolved quickly and give Deadlee some rest and comfort.

Get well soon Deadlee!! we are a prayen' for ya !! Doc R Green and all the Okeechobee Marshals ! Thanks for the up dates JEL

Deadlee has had a rough road and is having one still. Miss Lisa and I are praying for his recovery. This is a long road to travel and I pray for the Lord to give him the strength that he needs to recover fully...

I just spoke to Darlin and things are still not going very well, if fact he's worse.

He still has the blockage in the lower intestine that is backing things up so he now has feeding and drainage tubes in.

Darlin says he has the deluxe IV hanger which has the 10 different bags of stuff going into him.

The "worse" part is that the incision area is now infected and they had to open it up, clean it out, and pack it. They are leaving it open for now. They did say the infection may be one of the reasons the blockage isn't clearing up on it's own.

Darlin did say that these blockages are normal but usually clear up within a couple of days where as Deadlee's has been a week now. They will still keep doing what they are for a while longer and said they won't take any further steps until about the 2 week mark, then they'll make a decision wether to open him up and put a stint type of devise in.

The good news is that he is starting to get a little flow through the illiostomy so hope and pray it's finally clearing. They should know more tomorrow.

Anyway he's still going to be in the hospital for awhile. Even if he makes immediate drastic improvements he'll still be there for at least 7 to 10 more days.

So everyone please continue to keep him in your prayers. He is really struggling with all of this and could use all of the encouragement and prayers he can get.

Thanks to all,

JEL

Thanks for the update JEL. I will continue to keep DH in my thoughts and prayers as well as the whole family. He's been through a lot in the past year or so and he'll make it through this battle as well.....stay strong my friend.

KK

Deadlee, just want you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers frequently..as is your family,,,

LORD, we come before you again pleading for DH's health and healing,,,please give him your peace and well to his family,,,Lord we know that this is going to be a trek yet, but we do ask for an improvement soon.

In Jesus' percious name, amen and amen

After going head to head with Deadlee for many years, I know he is a fighter. With his many friends and family standing behind him, this is a battle that will be won. I've said a prayer for your recovery and for your family. I pray for your strength and that of your family. Remain strong, my friend.....you have a lot of good people pulling for you.

Sun

Oh man!

I figure DH will beat this. I figure he will look this "thing" in the eye and not back down, the way he always does. I have seen him dig in, seen the look he gets when the task is at hand.

I figure he will be back, stronger than ever.

Keep it up, my friend. We are with you on this one.

Dang It

New Update:

Deadlee still is not doing very well. They have all sorts of tubes in him now because the incision area is still infected. He has some sort of vacuum bandage on it that pulls the infected pus (sorry) out after they reopened more of the stitching.

The illiostomy is still not working well and the blockage has not cleared.

Darlin said he's on so many meds that now he's hallucinating and has been trying to pull all of the tubes out.

They have one tube that is going directly to his stomach to remove anything in there so it doesn't stagnate and cause any more issues.

I'll keep everyone posted when I get anything further.

JEL

LORD, please...

DH, Just know that we won't give up and I know you won't either...you're a fighter and a damn good one at that. As Dan said...look it in the eye and back it down. Stay strong and know that we are with you and are praying for you.

KK

I just talked to Lynn and Kevin has taken a bad turn. The infection is gotten really bad and his intestine is filling up with bile. The bile is leaking out onto his skin and along with all the other things that are causing him extreme pain he now has to deal with this.

The doctor is there and said they don't want to preform surgery, but they are checking to see if the bile is peritonitis. If it is they may have to, I'm waitiing to hear back from Lynn now.

The doctor has yet to remove the vacuum bandage to see the extent of the infection so they'll know more soon.

I have strongly earged them to stay positive no matter how bad it gets because they know, Like I do, In the power of the mind and prayer. So please everyone keep Keving in your thoughts and prayers. He can use all of the help he can get right now.

I'll post more when I know.

JEL

I talked to Lynn and in her words, Nothing is going right.

They did a Cat Scan and found he has a fistula in his intestine. They cannot operate on it because the doctor said it could just cause more of them. They have to wait unitl it heals then they will have do do yet another operation to fix it. They said that his body will control any leakling for now, but they had to take the vacuum bandage, that they had on him for the infection, off because that was what was pulling the bile out of the intestine into his abdomen.

The really bad part is now all of this may be for nothing. With having the fistula, the J-pouch may not work now and he may be on the colostomy bag for good. Which means all of this would have been for nothing so pray that isn't the case.

If and when he starts healing and gets released he will have to have a drainage bag over the entire incision (from his sternym to below hie waistline) for multiple weeks. That means he will not be able to wear any type if fitted pants only suspender type for awhile.

Lastly they said he will probably be on IV feeding tube for at least a month so the area can heal. He wanted to diet but I don't think this is what he had in mind.

I will post more when I hear.

Lynn wanted to say thank you to everyone who is out there praying for them, I'm sure Kevin feels the same.

JEL

hear our cries o LORD, as we lift kevin up to you we also reach for the hem of your garment...please oh please dear Lord we ask that you touch Kevin's body and start the healing process. We also ask that you lift his spirits oh Lord, and those around him, his friends too dear Lord. Give his drs wisdom and guidence, but Lord most of all please touch him with your healing touch. In Jesus precioius name, amen

Archived