SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for Deadlee Headlee

John E. Law

Dear Lord, I pray for Kevin and Lynn and Deadlee's family and friends. My brother went thru all this in his last hospitalization and it is almost impossible to watch, especially the drug induced hallucinations. It really makes you want to reach out and shake God, the Doctors and everyone else by the shoulders and scream at the top of your lungs. I know, I tried it - it didn't work. So instead of grabbing someone by the throat, grab one hand with the other, hold them together, drop to your knees and ask for help. I don't care who's there or who's watching, just do it - its sometimes all you have left.

May God Bless all of these folks and grant them an immediate, complete and miraculous cure.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pray for his healing but I also am praying hard for his wife as she tries to deal with this. I went through it when my late wife was ill and it is the loneliest, most helpless feeling in the world. I don't know why bad things happen to good people but the Lord hasn't made me privy to his big plan. The best we can do is lift them up and keep them positive as it plays out.

God bless,

Four Bucks

Dear Lord....I pray for Kevin's healing..and I pray for Lynn and the family that they will stay strong and courageous during this tough time. Kevin needs all your strength and love.

JTK

Well things have finally started getting better. Deadlee is still having some issues but I talked to him last night and he's starting to get and feel better.

He then called me this morning and he thought he would be there for another 10 day, but they evaluated him for home health care and was approved so he's getting to come home tomorrow.

He still has to be on the feeding tube and IVs everyday and a huge bandage change process to deal with but he'll be home.

As for the problems He has to have another surgery soon to fix the fistula. They won't be able to tell if the J-pouch is going to work until the following surgery. He still has the infection and a newer vacuum bandage to help it heal which he has made great progress in over the past couple of days.

I was completely shocked to hear from him personally. He just started getting better really quick.

He wanted me to thank everyone for their thoughts, concerns, and especially their prayers. I believe they really helped him improve.

Please keep him in your prayers because even though he's doing better he's still not out of the woods yet.

Thanks to everyone,

JEL

JEL ---- thanks for the update. Great News! When the patient that was not doing well at all can talk to you coherently and then you find he is coming home with home health care.......... YEEHAW! As Dang it Dan said it best: Kevin will stare this in the eye and not give up. He has great spirit and the prayers of us all to get him well and on his feet. I think of him every day and his family and pray for his recovery. Thanks again for the update; it is always good to be home and his recovery there, with support of family, friends, and God, will make him well.

I am so happy to hear positive things. DH...keep fightin and stay strong. I have always been impressed at how you worked through the shoulder thing by shooting Josie Wales....you ain't no quitter....I will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way.

KK

Thank you Lord for the good news and progres please keep your hand upon Kevin and his family and his circle of friends...I count it a priviledge to be able to call him a friend. Lord I would appreciate it if he cud stick around for a long spell. Lord, thanks agin for the progress and I just ask that his progress is continued. thank you Lord, :lol:

That is GREAT news. When John E. called me yesterday with the news, it completely made my day. My thoughts are still with Kevin and his family. Keep up the strength Kevin, Lynn, Steven and Laura. You know that you have a large extended family that cares.......some you've met, some you will meet and some you'll never meet......that family is the folks in SASS.

Sun

That's a great way to start the day. Kevin I'm happy you are feeling better and get to go home. I hope from here on everything goes well for you.

Wyatt

YEEE-HAAAA

Been holding my breath, waiting for some good news here.

Good job Deadlee! I know you have a ways to go but I'm looking forward to seein' you and yer family back out on the range.

Take care,

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Howdy All,

UPDATE

I just got off of the phone with Deadlee and he wanted me to update this post. He was released from the the hospital today about 3:15 and is almost home. His doctor likes the way he is progressing albeit a long road to recovery. He's on a feeding tube for about 8 weeks and is not allowed to have anything by mouth. As a side note, it looks like he will win the long standing weight loss bet that we have.

His wife has been reading the posts on the wire to him and he says that really helps bring him up, especially some of the personal wishes that have private meanings with his friends.

Your continued prayers and well wishes are still needed for his healing process.

Also keep Deadlee Darling in your prayers as her younger brother is in the hospital with heart failure.

Deadlee and I have been friend for 35+ years and it was great to hear his voice today.

oh boy oh boy!!!!!! picture me jumping up and down screaming like a kid at Christmas who just got a pony!!!!! or who just got a date with the prettiest girl in school!! or maybe like I wud if I won winter range or EOT!!!!

keep it up buddy!!

cheyenne :lol:

I'm so glad to hear the good news. I've been checking this post everyday. GREAT NEWS!

Good news indeed....keep it going....stay strong....we are prayin for you.

KK

Mines Taken and I are so glad to hear this good news. She had the same surgery a little over a year ago and had a really close call and long hospital stay as well. So we know some of what he is going through.

We were just wondering about him after the match today. So I was glad to see the encouraging news.

Thanks to the Lord for your getting better, Deadlee!!!

P.S. Deadlee, if you want to talk with someone about your progress, contact us and Alice would be glad to compare notes.

Archived