SASS Wire Forum

RIP Dick Clark

The man did a lot for Rock 'n' Roll and music as a whole! :FlagAm:

He'll be missed!

Today the music died .....again...

Dick may not have played an instrument or been in a band.....but for us boomers...he was the music...and right up until he passed.

he will be missed.

RIP Dick

curley

Dang, Jake! You're reminding us of how old we are!!

Was GOOD TIMES, wasn't it?

His will live forever. R.I.P. Mr. Clark

My lovely bride :wub: , Springfield Lil, was on Bandstand when Bob Horn hosted it and then when Dick Clark succeeded him.

In later days, we enjoyed watching his New Year's Eve show, even if it was 10-12 years out of date :) ! A sad day in our household.

RIP Mr. Clark

I remember watching "American Bandstand" on Saturdays. Good times!

Rye

Some of my earliest musical memories was watching American Bandstand when it came on in the afternoons, Del Shannon singing Little Runaway..Even though he retired after his stroke..It's not going to be the same now that he's passed.

RIP Dick, thanks for all the good times!

GramaPhyllis and I were just talking and it came to us that this was one man that was in the public eye most of our lives, and he never had a shady business deal, a bedroom affair or anything else that was nasty. Not even some one coming on with a bad word about him.... I guess he was the original good guy...

Now I really miss him....

curley

GramaPhyllis and I were just talking and it came to us that this was one man that was in the public eye most of our lives, and he never had a shady business deal, a bedroom affair or anything else that was nasty. Not even some one coming on with a bad word about him.... I guess he was the original good guy...

Now I really miss him....

curley

Yup, I came to that realization meself last night..Depressing.

Very, very few like him around anymore.

+1 on the class act! He was a true gentleman. The B&W clips brought a wave of nostalgia over me that I hadn't expected (could we have possibly looked that geeky?!?!).

He made rock and roll less threatening to our parents, and he very quitely helped forward racial relations with his support of MoTown and mixed dances on TV. Sure got me and my friends exposed to MoTown, and we loved it. (Unlike Rap/Cr&%).

GodSpeed Dick.

Archived