SASS Wire Forum

Ted Nugent to be 'investigated' by Secret Service

To me Ted Nugent's words are his. I don't have to agree with all he says or even some of it, same as anyone agreeing with mine. So, thanks to the 1st Amendment we have the freedom to express our thoughts and beliefs. I think this is just media hype. Ted Nugent, as far as I can figure, didn't threaten the President. It was just his thoughts or beliefs.

Blue Wolf

+1 to whut Blue Wolf said....

Ted Nugget has chose to put himself on a public forum and speak with passion and conviction his fears for the future of this country. A opinion which by the way is shared by many other Americans. His opinion is the view of members of SASS and gunowners until they each individually stand on a public forum and voice their opinions.

One of forefathers said "Give me liberty or give me death." This speech was made in defiance of the Government and in support of rebellion. Was he as extremist as Nuggget?

Another forefather said "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it." Where is the courage to defend Nuggets right of free speech?

Why no investigations into the hate speech of Rev. Jerimah Wright whose comments include "Not God Bless America. God damn America," and Al Sharpton?

Teds words, while pretty passionate, certainly don't constitute a threat in my opinion.

But the Secret Service would like to direct attention away from the Colombian pleasure lady scandal so maybe they figure interrogating Ted will help.

I think they may be wrong. <_<

As a talk show host I just saw interviewed said, "Is there ever a day when the Left isn't outraged by something?" :rolleyes:

U.B. Do you remember Al Capp of L'il Abner fame? He created Students Wildly Indignant 'bout Nearly Everything.... SWINE!!

I'll be D@M#ED if they haven't come to be!! They're the leftist liberal nitwits we see in the news every night!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not enough brainpower in DC to recognize metaphors, similes, or other complex subtleties of the language.

But they can text like gangbusters. :rolleyes:

TED NUGENT For MITT ROMNEY'S Vice President YES YES YES !!!

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Ted Nugent has been sent an open invitation to our ranch for a New Mexico Pronghorn hunt. The herds this year have been larger than normal in this area due to drought and we need to thin them out. Ted is a man who was born in the wrong century, and that's why I like him. A true Patriot who lacks any ability to commuicate in modern PC lingo.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

:FlagAm:

Another forefather said "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it."

That was Voltaire, a French philosopher of the Enlightenment. If he's one of our Founding Fathers, it's illegitimate and we're all bastards.

BTW, someone quoted Nugent to the effect that intelligent people don't have to have metaphors explained to them. Timothy McVeigh wasn't stupid, but probably would have taken "cut their heads off" at face value. Stupid or intelligent, there are plenty of people who probably would like to see Obama at least shot, if not killed; that's why the Secret Service exists in the first place. Point being, it's not a good idea to use inflamatory language in public, because the more people who hear you, the more likely someone will actually believe you.

Not enough brainpower in DC to recognize metaphors, similes, or other complex subtleties of the language.

But they can text like gangbusters. :rolleyes:

+1 <_<

That was Voltaire, a French philosopher of the Enlightenment. If he's one of our Founding Fathers, it's illegitimate and we're all bastards.

BTW, someone quoted Nugent to the effect that intelligent people don't have to have metaphors explained to them. Timothy McVeigh wasn't stupid, but probably would have taken "cut their heads off" at face value. Stupid or intelligent, there are plenty of people who probably would like to see Obama at least shot, if not killed; that's why the Secret Service exists in the first place. Point being, it's not a good idea to use inflamatory language in public, because the more people who hear you, the more likely someone will actually believe you.

True - and The Nuge dealt with the consequences....but all is fine from all accounts. Every political party engages in this kind of thing, but not saying it's right.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ted Nugent has been sent an open invitation to our ranch for a New Mexico Pronghorn hunt. The herds this year have been larger than normal in this area due to drought and we need to thin them out. Ted is a man who was born in the wrong century, and that's why I like him. A true Patriot who lacks any ability to commuicate in modern PC lingo.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

:FlagAm:

;)

Good example of Uncle Ted taking responsibilites for his actions ;)

Nobody's perfect, but as a conservationalist he is rather good.

Go Ted!

The reason that they aren't doing anything with him is that he manned up and admitted doing it. Dealing with washington Weenies, they were unprepared for honesty such as this....

I inhaled......lol

No one in law enforcement has the ability to read minds. In no way did Ted Nugent say anything that could be used in a court of law as evidence.

His remarks could have many different meanings and just because you "think" you understand what he meant, you are wrong in your assumption.

We all understand what the word assume means.

All the persons that I have been around who for one reason or another are in the news and known by many, take on a air of privilege. If Ted had not taken up the fight many years ago, we might not have SASS today. I'm not saying that he did it but people just like him did!!

What about the famous NRA member and spokesman Charlton Heston when he raised the rifle above his head and said "From MY COLD DEAD HANDS" What was meant by that statement? Something that many wanted to say but only one man standing at the podium who had the courage to do it.

Your feelings about TED and his looks, his music and even his demeanor should not be greater than you saying, that man is trying like crazy to have us be free and keep our guns.

This country has not nor will it be invaded because of our armed population and it takes some one at the mike to make that happen.

Sometimes his speech is strong but how would you feel if a truck came to your house to take your guns.

We need everyone in this fight regardless of their style of play.

Archived