SASS Wire Forum

Ted Nugent to be 'investigated' by Secret Service

Uncle Ted doesn't mince words....but the Secret Service is investigating ....Go Ted :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secret-looking-ted-nugent-violent-anti-obama-message-225142639.html

Edit: Link changed

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Uncle Ted doesn't mince words....but the Secret Service is investigating ....Go Ted :lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/secret-service-ted-nugent-violent-anti-obama-message/story?id=16159549&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Gunner Gatlin,

I used that link and it started self replicating. Please check it out. I had to shut down my computer to stop it from continuously opening new tabs.

Gunner Gatlin,

I used that link and it started self replicating. Please check it out. I had to shut down my computer to stop it from continuously opening new tabs.

Hmmm - no issue here - however - a different link has been added

Hmmm - no issue here - however - a different link has been added

Who can say what happened. Restarted computer and everything works properly. I may have accidently clicked on something on that website or?????????? :wacko:

Thanks for checking.

Bless his heart...I'd prefer Ted not be my spokesperson. His over the top rhetoric might please some folks but in the end does gun owners no good.

Just my opinion.

I listened to most of Ted Nugent's speech. While I agree with his stance on the 2nd Amendment and that we need to aggressively work to remove Obama from office, I was not comfortable with his rhetoric that night. There is a time and a place for hyperbole in the info-tainment industry, but NRA national convention is not info-tainment. Mr. Nugent's speech did not inspire me, nor can I say that his views represented mine as a long-time Benefactor member of the NRA.

With that said, I also think investigating Mr. Nugent is a waste of Secret Service resources.

"Ted Nugent to be 'investigated' by Secret Service"

------------

This is all media hype and government bluster during an election year.

The secret service no doubt has a running file that probably fills a large room on Ted Nugent at their finger tips from years of on going investigation because of the things he says.

"Ted Nugent to be 'investigated' by Secret Service"

------------

This is all media hype and government bluster during an election year.

The secret service no doubt has a running file that probably fills a large room on Ted Nugent at their finger tips from years of on going investigation because of the things he says.

Bingo ;)

News! We all are being investigated by the Secret Service. Anyone who is a member of a shooting organization (club) or has bought a gun in the last 30 years is on record is investigated. Now the SS itself is being investigated. I imagine anyone who types Ted Nugent on the computer might be investigated. Ohhhhhhhhhh no! I just mention his name.

Bless his heart...I'd prefer Ted not be my spokesperson. His over the top rhetoric might please some folks but in the end does gun owners no good.

Just my opinion.

I have to agree.

Just my opinion.

I agree. There are many ways to "skin a cat," so to speak. You can gingerly remove its skin by using a finely-honed scalpel, or....you can put its head in a bootjack and give its hind legs a solid yank! Both ways accomplish the same purpose, it's just that one seems a little easier to accept than the other. Likewise, there are ways to get your point across verbally without putting a lot of people on edge. I'm afraid Mr. Nugent prefers the latter method of "cat skinning" when it comes to political rhetoric.

News! We all are being investigated by the Secret Service. Anyone who is a member of a shooting organization (club) or has bought a gun in the last 30 years is on record is investigated. Now the SS itself is being investigated. I imagine anyone who types Ted Nugent on the computer might be investigated. Ohhhhhhhhhh no! I just mention his name.

:lol: ....:blink: .....:mellow: .....:ph34r:

To me Ted Nugent's words are his. I don't have to agree with all he says or even some of it, same as anyone agreeing with mine. So, thanks to the 1st Amendment we have the freedom to express our thoughts and beliefs. I think this is just media hype. Ted Nugent, as far as I can figure, didn't threaten the President. It was just his thoughts or beliefs.

Blue Wolf

To me Ted Nugent's words are his. I don't have to agree with all he says or even some of it, same as anyone agreeing with mine. So, thanks to the 1st Amendment we have the freedom to express our thoughts and beliefs. I think this is just media hype. Ted Nugent, as far as I can figure, didn't threaten the President. It was just his thoughts or beliefs.

Blue Wolf

Sounds good to me...

I will be contrite about Nugent's comments once "the other side" apologizes and denounces talk radio hosts Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes for the things they continually said about Bush and Cheney. (I won't be holding my breath on this one) <_<

When I first started in the hunting business, Ted and his wife Shemayne were first customers. Well, first he thought I should give it to him, but we resolved that issue quickly. Later he began to leverage his celebrity and wedged himself in front of the camera and on the radio as a spokesman for hunting issues. This goes back almost 30 years, people then echoed much of what has been said here deriding his self-appointed position as a spokesman for hunting.

Many felt that his LOUD AND PROUD attitude would run-off those on the fence about hunting. More were skeptical when he ran for a board position on the NRA. From a perspective that now spans a generation and a half I'll say that my position toward Ted has become one of devout respect. He is willing to fearlessly put himself at the forefront of controversy damned the consequences to him personally.

I doubt there is a single detractor that is willing to be so bold. While others in the entertainment industry hide their opinions with re; hunting and guns; there is no doubt where Mr. Ted stands. At the same time, if you're going to come after him and his viewpoints; you better come loaded for bear. In person, he is just as articulate, positive and unyielding as he is on TV- maybe more so. That's hard to maintain if it's not for real and I assure you that it's for real with Ted.

Say what you will, denounce him because what he says makes you uncomfortable, close your eyes, worry about how it will make the squeamish 'feel' about you and guns or hunting, but be sure that Ted no more cares what YOU think anymore than he knows who you are. And we all know who Ted is.

I'm good with that.

STOLEN from the comments on this article: I'm a Black Jew at a Nazi-Klan Rally

The Secret Service threatens to do to Ted what they did to the hookers in Columbia, but, are they man enough? Go straight to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $47.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I doubt there is a single detractor that is willing to be so bold. I'm good with that.

STOLEN from the comments on this article: I'm a Black Jew at a Nazi-Klan Rally

I never have liked him. Cat-scratch fever is nothin to sing 'bout.

But he right 'bout one thang... if Obama is re-elected.... I will be in jail this time next year.

Been there 'fore... and my family is already takin' care of.

SS... come and get me. For what?

ts

Uncle Ted just tells it like it is Period !

We The People Need MITT ROMNEY ,to win the vote and help get this country out of the Bull Sh!t mess we are in

Uncle Ted just rants in the media. and now he is in a little hot water.

Some times we get all wound up in a rant about this or that and over step our A$$ just a little.

But the good news about all of this is, It puts Uncle Ted in the Public eye supporting MITT ROMNEY !

You Go Uncle Ted !

It happened a long time ago

In a new magic land

The Indian and the Buffalo they Existed hand in hand .

They only took what they needed

Like Food and Skins for there Roof

Millions of buffalo were the proof

Then Obama came

With his Thick and Empty Head

He couldn't see past the billboard

And wonted all the buffalo dead

Get out and vote of Mitt Romney

This we what Uncle Ted said !

I hope your candidate doesn't let you down.

If the present occupant of the White House was your candidate, he certainly has let us all down! :angry::angry::angry:

Like him or hate him, you know where he stands.

I also concur with the person that said that the First Ammendment is around for things like this and Ted can say whatever he wants.

The crime here will be if people who support 2a rights do not speak up if they disagree and allow him to be their voice.

Just my opinion.

I'm of the same opinion as Utah Bob.

To Ted Nugent: Well bless your heart.

Like him or hate him, you know where he stands.

I also concur with the person that said that the First Ammendment is around for things like this and Ted can say whatever he wants.

The crime here will be if people who support 2a rights do not speak up if they disagree and allow him to be their voice.

Amen.

Ted is our spokesman only because the rest of us reasonable minded gun owners aren't out at the front fighting the battle. Gun owners are represented by the fringe extremists not because that is what we believe, but because the fringe extremists are the vocal ones that are "newsworthy"

Ted's words are not mine, I do not adopt them, however unless I put my words out there to be heard, I will be stuck with them.

Ted is our spokesman only because the rest of us reasonable minded gun owners aren't out at the front fighting the battle. Gun owners are represented by the fringe extremists not because that is what we believe, but because the fringe extremists are the vocal ones that are "newsworthy"

Ted's words are not mine, I do not adopt them, however unless I put my words out there to be heard, I will be stuck with them.

Good point JMF!

L

Actually, making threats against the President, whether overtly or implied is a Federal Felony. Secret Service routinely follows up on things such as he said but seldom are arrests made unless they feel that a real and substantial threat is possible.

Actually, making threats against the President, whether overtly or implied is a Federal Felony. Secret Service routinely follows up on things such as he said but seldom are arrests made unless they feel that a real and substantial threat is possible.

But in this case there was no threat of any physical harm to the president. The threat is directed at the ballot box.

But in this case there was no threat of any physical harm to the president. The threat is directed at the ballot box.

It all depends on context. The part where he says that he'll "Either be in jail or dead" carries overtones that fall within the parameters of a veiled threat. Whether they make an arrest is doubtful but they are required to launch an investigation. Had he said this sitting around with a few friends, it would not be an issue to the Secret Service. That it was said in a large public forum does...

It all depends on context. The part where he says that he'll "Either be in jail or dead" carries overtones that fall within the parameters of a veiled threat. Whether they make an arrest is doubtful but they are required to launch an investigation. Had he said this sitting around with a few friends, it would not be an issue to the Secret Service. That it was said in a large public forum does...

Correct...and my interpretation is inline with Senator Inhofe. Given The Nuge's history of tough words spoken, to me, this is a non-issue and just Ted being Ted.

That part of the statement could also reflect the fear or feeling that if the present "administration" is allowed to continue, many of US will either be dead or imprisoned because of our own philosophies or our resistance to their power play. Refusal to surrender to gun confiscation or other attacks on our freedoms could in fact be a legitimate concern if TSHTF. :rolleyes::unsure:

Teds words, while pretty passionate, certainly don't constitute a threat in my opinion.

But the Secret Service would like to direct attention away from the Colombian pleasure lady scandal so maybe they figure interrogating Ted will help.

I think they may be wrong. <_<

As a talk show host I just saw interviewed said, "Is there ever a day when the Left isn't outraged by something?" :rolleyes:

It's all better now pards!...and with that....Go Ted! :D

Nugent says: "Metaphors needn’t be explained to educated people"

http://www.washingto...XFnTT_blog.html

Archived