SASS Wire Forum

Gunsmith Referral

My Norinco hammered double barrel crapped out. When I pull the forward trigger, both hammers drop....every time. Triggers don't even feel right. I don't have a gunsmith locally. Gander Mountain said they weren't interested in fixing it, but they would send it to Norinco for me....for repairs. I hate to sink a $100 in a $250 gun. My experience with Gander repairs is ok....but it takes them months. I was wondering if any of you handle repairs on this specific shotgun?

Diamond J Gunsmithing in Albuquerque fixed my wife's Norinco hammered double barrel. His time was reasonable. The shotgun was very poorly manufactured. Years ago we were warned not to buy it and should have listened.

Any chance of fixing it yourself? Like you said, you don't want to spend more money on an inexpensive gun. You might be able to take the stock off and take a look inside. The mechanism is pretty simple, there should be two levers inside, one for each hammer. The trigger will push up the lever to release the hammer. Sounds like one of the triggers is somehow pushing up both levers at the same time. A spring or something just may have slipped off and it would be an easy fix.

Going rate for a Gunsmith is around $65 an hour. Any part of the hour and you buy the whole hour. Sure you want to drop half the price of that shotgun into repair?? You may well be able to fix it yourself. Take the stock off and give it a try :)

Coffinmaker

Archived