SASS Wire Forum

Attn Camden Co GA. residents, Oakwell Armory needs your help!

BSOL

Oakwell Armory, located off Scrubby Bluff rd in Camden County GA is under attack. The range is being threatened to be shut down unless you respond and sign the petition! The outdoor range is probably one of the best in the Southeast as it offers a great location for FL and GA residents just off exit 1 on I-95. Since the range opened over three years ago, there have been many patrons who have enjoyed the outdoor range's offerings, which include a recently opened SASS Cowboy Action Shooting town (photos below), an archery range, 25yd pistol and rifle range, and a tactical range (for formal tactics training). The staff is top notch and there are competitions and formal training programs offered throughout the year. The trouble began about a year ago when three brothers, we'll call them the three stooges to protect their identity, who live nearby began to complain about the noise from the range (so much for having a successful business). When the range initially opened, the business made sure all required safety rules and BATFE regulations were met and in most cases exceeded in the design of the range, but the staff has worked hard to appease the stooges by building up higher barriers to help increase the noise absorption, however the stooges continued to complain. Now, the stooges have raised enough of a stink to get the county board involved with the situation, and there is a hearing scheduled to determine if the range can continue to operate. I do not have the date at the moment but it is within the next two months, so if you are a resident of Camden County GA and enjoy shooting, I highly urge you to stop by Oakwell Armory and sign the petition. They need 1,000 signatures and they only have about 100, so everyone's help is needed. If you are a resident of the county and are currently deployed and/or out of the area, please contact your Camden County Commissioner (C Keene, C Clark, D Rainer, J Starline, or G Blount) via phone or email (ex: ckeene@co.camden.ga.us) and voice your support for keeping the range open. Don't let the three stooges ruin your freedom and force a damn fine business to shut down. Save the range now!!

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/eburch01/IMAG01811.jpg

Who was there first, the brothers or the range? If the range, they have a good argument that they existed before the brothers moved in and they should have known that the range was there and they would have to put up with the noise. Can the Ga. Dept. of Fish & Game, or Wildlife or Parks & Recreation (whatever it's called) & the Ga State Rifle Assoc. assist?

Archived