SASS Wire Forum

A wayward thought...

:rolleyes:

Other than the last one and the next one... I wonder how many Presidents have been "teetotallers...?" ^_^

Hadn't heard he dealt it, but he has sdmitted that he used it.

Most who work in DoD (and a couple other agencies) can't get a higher level clearance with that (cocaine use) in their background.

As a country, we hold our politicians to a lower standard (the opposite of the expectation) than our military and DoD, DoJ, folks, even those with "commader in chief" authority, those on military or security committees in congress, or those on the federal bench who hear cases in this arena (though infrequesntly brought forward).

This dichocotmy is not widely recognized because our emedia does not research, pursue nor publicise it. I'll stop there.

Harvey

Well said, Harvey...

Now, THAT said, I gotta say... nobody seems to have picked up on the subtleties of my original post... :rolleyes:

According to Wikipedia, the only teetotaller Presidents have been Lincoln, George W. Bush, and Rutherford B. Hayes.

BTW, so is VP Joe Biden.

According to Wikipedia, the only teetotaller Presidents have been Lincoln, George W. Bush, and Rutherford B. Hayes.

BTW, so is VP Joe Biden.

I would have thought Jimmy Carter was a teetotalling Baptist. But maybe not. Gotta watch out for us Baptists! After all, Al Gore is Baptist. B)

Hardpan,

Methinks your subtle point about the next one is obviously angled toward a certain candidate of the teetollaing persuasion, who also has a wife who "hasn't worked a day in her life" :ph34r: .

Won't go no further. I was in a good mood.

Harvey

Perhaps I should have said "...other than the last one and perhaps the next one..." ^_^

I suspect that was somewhat unpolitic of me... :rolleyes:

Archived