SASS Wire Forum

MJ Custon saddle 1880's style half seat SPF

Irontree

16 inch used but well cared for MJ Custom saddles 1880's style heavily tooled half seat. Heavy brass fixtures and conchos. Raw hide tree. All leather in fine condition to include rawhide trim. Leg buffing on fenders & buffing on seat from use. Built to work cattle off of if you wanted to. Very solid, working cowboy saddle.

Road yearly in Colorado on Elk hunts and 3-4 days a week on trails here in Ga. It was built for my 16.2 hand Appy but fits my 15.1 hand Quarter horse as well, not so good on 14 hand mounts unless bodied wide.

I'm getting old and got no butt left so I gotta go to a 14 inch seat. Hoping to sell this to someone who'll keep it on a horse more times than not. Asking $950, about a 3rd of what I paid for it 11 years ago.

Pictures are below thanks to Dark Ranger or available by E-mule at: John_Hilliker@yahoo.com

For those who asked, the white areas at the edges of the seat and pommel are rawhide trim. No,it's not worn leather or worn to the rawhide tree.

This saddle is only about 11 years old and made for modern size horses 15 to 17 hands tall. It looks like it's skinny because it's setting on a hitching post and has a flexible skirt to fit average to wide horses.

I've got a 16.2 hand Appy built like a cement mixer and it fits him fine. It's my skinny butt it no longer fits.

16 inch used but well cared for MJ Custom saddles 1880's style heavily tooled half seat. Heavy brass fixtures and conchos. Raw hide tree. All leather in fine condition to include rawhide trim. Leg buffing on fenders & buffing on seat from use. Built to work cattle off of if you wanted to. Very solid, working cowboy saddle.

Road yearly in Colorado on Elk hunts and 3-4 days a week on trails here in Ga. It was built for my 16.2 hand Appy but fits my 15.1 hand Quarter horse as well, not so good on 14 hand mounts unless bodied wide.

I'm getting old and got no butt left so I gotta go to a 14 inch seat. Hoping to sell this to someone who'll keep it on a horse more times than not. Asking $950, about a 3rd of what I paid for it 11 years ago.

Pictures available by E-mule. John_Hilliker@yahoo.com

Pictures please. Sending a P. Message with my E-mule address.

Pictures sent to all who requested them. I have been double addressing them to avoid having to wait repeatedly for the pic's to load.

If that's not ok with you let me know when you ask for pic's.

Pictures sent to all who requested them. I have been double addressing them to avoid having to wait repeatedly for the pic's to load.

If that's not ok with you let me know when you ask for pic's.

Can i get a pic? or two....interested in any trading?

Best

Squatter

gnmiiiams@att.net

Darn it! I did send one to you Wolfgang. Maybe the double addressy thingy ain't working for me. Anyone else ask for pics and didn't get 'um?

BTT Kick it around once again!

Hey DR, pic are sent. Any problems getting them give me a shout.

Thanks for the picture links! Yup DR it shore is purdy! Let's do it agin to see if any of these Cowboys have a critter with four hooves that don't dress with rubber on the bottom.

You kin own this stylish one of an exact kind, hand made buns holder.

BTT for another round.

Archived