SASS Wire Forum

Who would have thunk it?

Doc Flimshaw Sass# 73310

Never thought I'd live to see the day when the Los Angeles Times runs a favorable article about cowboy action shooting ( or anything related to shooting). Looks like they may have picked it up from another source, as it's about a club in Pennsylvania.........Doc

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gunslingers-20120415,0,5222348.story

HA! Great article thanks for the heads-up. My mom reads the LA Times everyday so I'll pass it on.

This was at the Dakota Badlanders April 8th match held at Guthsville Rod and Gun Club,Orefield,Pa. 2 people from the Allentown, Pa. newspaper ( The Morning Call ), Andrew McGill, staff writer and Monica Cabrera, photographer came to the match. They were very impressed with the safety of CAS, and both were invited to shoot a stage. Andrew had previously fired rifles and shotguns, but not revolvers, and enjoyed it. Monica had never fired ANY firearm to Andrew's knowledge. According to Andrew, Monica said afterwards she was surprised how fast her heart was beating and wanted to do it again. Glad to see some good press, we need all we can get. Possibly there are 2 new CAS shooters in the wings.

Good shooting to all. Nota John

The Allentown Morning Call and the Los Angeles Times both belong to the Tribune Co., so the article and photos are likely available to all the newspapers in the chain.

Other Tribune newspapers include the Chicago Tribune, Hartford Courant and the Baltimore Sun.

Regards,

M.T.

Sometimes the liberal media gets it right. Sometimes!!!!

Great article, how could they not like us lovable gunslingers??? lol

Rye

Everybody always seems surprised to see a favorable newspaper article. I don't actually recall ever seeing an unfavorable one. The media's anti gun bias doesn't seem to apply to us for some reason.

Everybody always seems surprised to see a favorable newspaper article. I don't actually recall ever seeing an unfavorable one. The media's anti gun bias doesn't seem to apply to us for some reason.

Well, think about it. How many horror movies have there been featuring clowns, Santa Claus, cute fuzzy little balls of fur, and your next-door neighbor? How many have featured cowboys?

Wait a minute... I think I just came up with the ultimate horror movie.

On the other hand, there are a few Westerns that are true horrors! :rolleyes:

Well, think about it. How many horror movies have there been featuring clowns, Santa Claus, cute fuzzy little balls of fur, and your next-door neighbor? How many have featured cowboys?

Ya mean ya never saw Billy the Kid VS. Dracula?? Great flick!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Rye

Try "Ravenous"...not exactly cowboy, but it is about soldiers posted to a remote western outpost in 1840's, so you see some blackpowder guns. Deliciously gory, and a true horror movie, with familiar faces and a memorable soundtrack.

Archived