SASS Wire Forum

Louisiana State Championship 2012 Who's comin

Marshal Bigdaddy Jenks

Mornin Pards,

Time is gettin close, May 24-27 2012 CAS Louisiana State Championship. 2012 Wild Bunch State Championship as well.

Plenty side matches and a spectacular Fun shoot to cap off the weekend. Everyone needs to come on out to Cypress

Creek Cowboys in Downsville Louisiana for a big time. The range at CCC is one of the best and the stages are always top notch. More info can be found at cypresscreekcowboys.com.

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Daddy

We wouldn't miss it. Look forward to seeing everyone. Are any of youall going to attend our Texas State Championship in Cleburne, Tx @ Lone Star the first weekend in May? Also are you going to cook some of your Cajan food at the match I hope so.

See youall soon...........Goatneck

Hey Big Daddy!! The Orange County Regulators will be well represented!! And ME!! :FlagAm:B)

Goatneck,

It will be good to see ya again. I have to go to Illinois for a couple weeks and want be able to make the Tx. State match. Wish I could but family business has me tied up. I know I will miss a great shoot. Red River Rudy will be at the La. State and I'm sure we can talk him into cooking something.

Capt Hill.

Always a pleasure to see the Orange County Folks.

Gonna have to hear about it from my principal because we aren't supposed to take off the day before or after a holiday...

....but we wouldn't miss it!

Will be glad to see all of ya'll here. We've been busy at the range getting things ready...adding several new targets. Looks to be a great match again this year....if I do say so myself...LOL

Anyone shooting the WB match...round count will be around 250 pistols...100 rifle...and 75 shotguns. I dont do much WB shooting, but this one looks like it will be a blast

Rooster and I are heading over from Down Under for that match... and then the Iowa State..

Haven't been to either place before... really looking forward to it!!! :)

Savannah G and I will be there and are looking forward to shooting there. We're coming up a day early to shoot as much as possible.

Thanks for the round count for the wild bunch match. Didn't know what to bring. Additionally, we are excited that the orange county group will be there cause we absolutely love shooting with the Capt, Gator, and Cajun. See y'all there.

Oliver

PS. Lets not forget Possum. See u Possum

Will be glad to see all of ya'll here. We've been busy at the range getting things ready...adding several new targets. Looks to be a great match again this year....if I do say so myself...LOL

Anyone shooting the WB match...round count will be around 250 pistols...100 rifle...and 75 shotguns. I dont do much WB shooting, but this one looks like it will be a blast

Shane

Thanks for the WB match round count. This will be my first WB match. Should be interesting.

Big Daddy Jenks

Gonna have to hear about it from my principal because we aren't supposed to take off the day before or after a holiday...

....but we wouldn't miss it!

Daughter decided that life was too short to deal with the incompetent. Should hear today on a new position. Enough closer to home for the gas difference to make up for the pay cut.

She is sad to leave the Branson School System. Their answer to every problem is to form a committee and then throw bundles of money at it.

Marshal Matt Dillon, Texas Ranger Trent Kilkenny and myself will be there raring to go.

Can't hardly wait.

See Y'all There!!!

I'll be there!!! Wahoo!!!! :wub:

Will be great to see you again!! You need to join us for dinner sometime that weekend. Stay in contact and we'll meet up. B)

Will be great to see you again!! You need to join us for dinner sometime that weekend. Stay in contact and we'll meet up. B)

Sounds like fun! :) We'll talk when it gets closer! I'll be there for the Wild Bunch match. Any good Bar-B-Q places around?

Sounds like fun! :) We'll talk when it gets closer! I'll be there for the Wild Bunch match. Any good Bar-B-Q places around?

Good BBQ around--but the best is a seafood restaurant in Ruston (buffet) that has some of the best we've ever had. We always do that place when we shoot up there. By "we" i mean all my pards from Lake Charles and Orange. See ya soon. B)

Good BBQ around--but the best is a seafood restaurant in Ruston (buffet) that has some of the best we've ever had. We always do that place when we shoot up there. By "we" i mean all my pards from Lake Charles and Orange. See ya soon. B)

Unfortunately, I'm highly allergic to seafood! LOL

I figured you meant that "we"! :D It'll be good to see Steve also! ;)

While I am sorry Nellie won't be able to partake of the seafood....

I would like to know which restaurant you would recommend.

While I am sorry Nellie won't be able to partake of the seafood....

I would like to know which restaurant you would recommend.

Landry's---not the chain though---follow us and we'll show you---Hot Rod's BBQ is great---Nellie, we'll work sumthin out! B)

Shane,Choctaw and I are coming,how many knock-downs are there??

thanks Rosie

The Judge #1 and I plan on being there .... and lookin' forward to it.

Kate

Wahoo!!!! It'll be good to see ya'll!!! {Can you drag you're Sista Glass along with ya?)

Really looking forward to seeing you all there.....old friends and making a few new ones, thats my favorite thing about this sport.

Al...if you decide you are coming, just let me know, you will be taken care of.

If any of the others coming need anything, let me know. I will do whatever I can to make sure each and every shooter is well taken care of and has anything that they need.

Really looking forward to seeing you all there.....old friends and making a few new ones, thats my favorite thing about this sport.

Al...if you decide you are coming, just let me know, you will be taken care of.

If any of the others coming need anything, let me know. I will do whatever I can to make sure each and every shooter is well taken care of and has anything that they need.

Smokey Shayne,

Good seeing you at the Mississippi shoot this past weekend and glad to hear the La. State Match is on track to be one to remember.

I also shot my first Wild Bunch stages the past weekend and can't wait for the La. State Wild Bunch shoot, it's goin'a to be hoot.

Hope all you folks can come, you don't want to miss this one.

Big Daddy Jenks

PS Congrats to all the winners at Purgatory. (Mississippi State Match/Results @ Mississippi Peacemakers)

Smokey, thanks for the round count in WB. You and your daughter made my match at Mississippi this past weekend that much more pleasurable. Fun seeing the young'uns get into the sport as they are the future.

I had something funny happen to me today. I have a friend that knows I shoot CASS and he knew that I shot over the weekend. He asked me today how I did. Now he does not know about the catagories and such so when I told him that

I came in second in Duelist, there was a pause and he asked "If you came in second in a duel, does that mean you are dead?" I thought that was funny and I tried to explain the CASS system while laughing.

Looking forward to the Judge and Lily Kate being there!!!!!!

After reading all of the posts, it aught to be a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all of the winners of the Mississippi Peacemakers match!

I saw where Big Daddy said something about cooking a little something. Would anybody like some chicken and sausage gumbo? If I can get some alligator, I might be able to do some sauce picante or would Cajun jambalya be better?

I went out to the range to take care of a few things this evening, and it seems some of the shooters who couldnt make the MS match this past weekend spent their time doing some more work at the range. I also saw a couple stacks of more building materials....looks like we have some more work to do.

Cant wait to see everyone there.

PS...I want to thank all of Posse 3 at the MS match for making it such a pleasure shooting this past weekend. Hotshot Harley and myself could not have gotten a better posse if we hand picked them. You guys and gals made her first big match a great one. Even though ya'll did make her cry...lol. I doubt ya'll saw it, but thats why she was running so quickly after getting her Spirit of the Game Award....she said her eyes were starting to water. After I told her that the award was voted on and ya'll voted for her to get it, her eyes really started to water. I think she was prouder of that award than she was of her buckle....and she really loved the buckle. Again, thanks for the patience and help through out the weekend. I hope we can all do it again soon

Looking forward to heading up your way Matt and Nora.

This is to anyone who has never been; You would really

enjoy shooting at this match..... the whole range is neat

but the stages are some of the best looking stages I have

ever shot at, they are really pretty.

.......crosscut

Archived