SASS Wire Forum

- - - - MOVIE - - -

A while back I bought a set of movies called "Mean Guns - the Time to Die Collection" Misc. westerns . . . mostly Spaghetti style and not very good . . .

. . . . but I am now watching an old one now that is fun. :) "Buffalo Stampede" . . 1933 . . with Randolph Scott. Adapted from a Zane Grey story. It is about Buffalo Hunters and the towns and camps that supplied the hunters and where the hides were sold. It is obvioulsy filmed up around the Lone Pine area with the sierra peaks in the background :wacko: . . I thought the buffalo hunters were out on the flat plains ? Anyhowww . . . there are crazy stunts. A nice looking gal wants to give a message to the stage driver . . . Ok. Does she flag down the stage ? NO . . she races up behind the stage, . . does a jump onto the stage, . . after talking to the driver, . . he stops and lets her off in the midle of no-where. What happned to her horse ? How is she going to get out of there ? She just stands and waves as the stage rolls away. Crazy fun stuff. Some great scenes of camps and towns and some great character actors in it. Just FUN to see what people were watching at the movies in 1933,.... :)

Wolfie, I saw an absolutely horrendous western the other night. I watched "6 Guns", a western made a couple of years ago. Although, it was a terrible movie, I thought I saw in the credits where one of the location sites was White Horse Ranch. Isn't that the location you work at? I couldn't confirm that here: 6 Guns.

Do you remember this one or am I just mistaken?

Wolfie, I saw an absolutely horrendous western the other night. I watched "6 Guns", a western made a couple of years ago. Although, it was a terrible movie, I thought I saw in the credits where one of the location sites was White Horse Ranch. Isn't that the location you work at? I couldn't confirm that here: 6 Guns.

Do you remember this one or am I just mistaken?

Yep . . it wuz made here . . . befur I wuz here. I waded thru it once ( and only once ) just to have seed it. There is some good filming here .... and a whole bunch of bad filming here. We just rent them the set and have people doing the backgrounds. See some good filming here ( shorts ) at :

“hang town” 168 project

I’m not drunk 168 Project

Archived