SASS Wire Forum

The guy who busted ACORN is at it again. Shows up to vote with no ID, tells the poll worker he's Eric Holder, and gets handed a ballot.

We don't need no stinkin' ID cards!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/325619/20120409/james-o-keefe-video-voter-fraud-id.htm

For once, I don't disagree with Holder; every ELIGIBLE voter should be allowed to vote. The problem is, who determines whether you are ELIGIBLE, and how. Coming in and saying "I'm Jim Smith" is not enough.

I don't understand why basic identification (just like you need to fly, or enter an office building, or cash a check) is considered to be so onerous that anyone would suggest that it represents disenfranchisement.

As far as the argument that "there is no study that shows that voter fraud is a serious problem", well, when elections are won or lost by hair-thin margins, it doesn't take a whole lot of phoney voters to cause an effect.

Oh, and I like the purple finger dip that was the rage in Iraq when they had their first post-Saddam elections; cuts down on repeaters, and marks a serious voter as a badge of performance of their civic duty.

LL

I fail to understand the DOJ and AG objections to having to present a photo ID when you go to vote.

An ID is needed to buy beer, cigarettes, cold medicine, and spray paint, none of which are "rights".

Haven't heard anybody yelling disenfranchisement over that.

If I were the suspicious sort, I'd say something nefarious is afoot.

I fail to understand the DOJ and AG objections to having to present a photo ID when you go to vote.

An ID is needed to buy beer, cigarettes, cold medicine, and spray paint, none of which are "rights".

I think it might have to do with the concept that they from chicago land want to allow the dead to vote.

That creates more dumbocraps. And those that don't have id are better dumbocraps.

Around here they workers at the polls have huge books with names in alpha order along with your address. Once your name is found they turn the book around and ask for your signature next to your name.

Well several year ago I'm at the polling station and they asked me for my name. When they located it they told me I had already voted and what was I trying to pull. They showed me "my" signature and it wasn't even close. Let alone the fact that I hadn't voted. They told me to get out and not try that sort of thing ever again :blink: . No one else has "my" name in the city so it wasn't mistaken identity. It was clearly voters fraud.

A follow-up with the Registrar resulted in nothing. Only that they thought it was just an honest mistake and that I should have no problem the next time. Letters to my Congress Critters just came back with stock answers showing "concern" but nothing else.

Who amongst us, that believe in real "fairness" and "equity," cannot help but support presenting an ID before casting a ballot?

EC

The objection is that there are 5,000,000 voters, that is 5,000,000 people that have voted in the past and are registered to vote NOW, all of whom are low income or elderly or minority or all of the above CITIZENS that do not have this I.D. and cannot afford to get these I.D.'s or cannot get the documentation (Birth Certificates etc.) to get the I.D.s, that would be disenfranchised and not allowed to vote bevause of this requirement.

The Bush administration (Georgr W. Bush) did a five year study of voter fraud. They came uip with 86 cases out of 300,000,000 vote cast of fraud, none of which were voter impersonation. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than of being the victim of voter fraud. You say you don't believe this? Fox News does, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/24/voter-id-laws-target-rarely-occurring-voter-fraud/

You folks are forgetting that the person that did this so called voter impersonation was given a ballot, but was given a "SPECIAL BALLOT" that requiruired the election board to validate the signature on the ballot to the recorded signature of the A.G. His vote would have been disqualified.

Think seriously here. If 150,000,000 votes are cast, it would take a conspiracy of 15,000,000 people to produce a 1% change in the outcome. What are tne posilities of 15,000,000 people keeping the same secret without someone finding out about it?

Give me a break...the low income BS argument doesn't fly - this is 2012 and folks need an state or fed ID to do most anything these days. Thinking SERIOUS means making sure people who vote are indeed the people they say they are.

Still blamin' Bush are we Mr. Scuffle?

Voting is serious business and even ONE fraudulant case is a problem !

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well at least they did away with the poll tax.

But I think to vote you must prove that you have the right to vote and are on the roll of voters.

That means proving who you are..... ID please.

You at least could provide some proof by bringing the card that the voter registrar sends out with precinct info and voting place info.

Personally I think that to vote you should prove that you filed your income tax last year.

Oh, I am sorry that only works for those that are employed "legally". (No offense intended to anyone else.)

No illegal aliens should ever be allowed to vote !!!

Give me a break...the low income BS argument doesn't fly - this is 2012 and folks need an state or fed ID to do most anything these days. Thinking SERIOUS means making sure people who vote are indeed the people they say they are.

Still blamin' Bush are we Mr. Scuffle?

Voting is serious business and even ONE fraudulant case is a problem !

Au contraire Gunner. How many 80tear old Grandma's living in old age homes have drivers licenses? How many people without cars can get to the DMV to get the required I.D.'s? Why aren't student photo I.D.sredcognized as valid? And again you haven't addressed the question of how those 15,000,000 conspirators that will use voter impersonation are going to keep it a secret.

Well at least they did away with the poll tax.

But I think to vote you must prove that you have the right to vote and are on the roll of voters.

That means proving who you are..... ID please.

You at least could provide some proof by bringing the card that the voter registrar sends out with precinct info and voting place info.

Personally I think that to vote you should prove that you filed your income tax last year.

Oh, I am sorry that only works for those that are employed "legally". (No offense intended to anyone else.)

No illegal aliens should ever be allowed to vote !!!

The voter registration card is not a "valid" I.D, nor are student photo I.D.s, a rental receipt, a utility bill, a marriage license, a birth certificate or a note from your Mother. Illegal aliens are not allowed to vote NOW, so what's your problem?

Au contraire Gunner. How many 80tear old Grandma's living in old age homes have drivers licenses? They can get ID's How many people without cars can get to the DMV to get the required I.D.'s? They can take public transportation or have a relative/freind take 'em Why aren't student photo I.D.sredcognized as valid? easily forged, not easy to verify validity, and they can't be used for other places that require an official state/federal ID - can't get booze with one And again you haven't addressed the question of how those 15,000,000 conspirators that will use voter impersonation are going to keep it a secret. I didn't say 15000000 - I said ONE is a problem...

Seems you like to make excuses as to why people shouldn't or can't do something. If voting is important to them then they will make every effort to be compliant.

I fail to understand the DOJ and AG objections to having to present a photo ID when you go to vote...

Then how would all the "Illegals" voted if ID was required?

The objection is that there are 5,000,000 voters, that is 5,000,000 people that have voted in the past and are registered to vote NOW, all of whom are low income or elderly or minority or all of the above CITIZENS that do not have this I.D. and cannot afford to get these I.D.'s or cannot get the documentation (Birth Certificates etc.) to get the I.D.s, that would be disenfranchised and not allowed to vote bevause of this requirement.

On any other forum I would think this was writen by some liberal troll.

The ID card argument doesn't wash. In Ohio a State ID card is $8.50 ... http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/id-cards.php ... and is good for 4 years. I work on the east side of Cleveland, and routinely see the "poor" drop $50 on malt liquor, blunts, and lottery tickets. Can't afford an ID card ... BS Alert :excl:

Don't think there's voter fraud? I stood outside the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in 2008 and watched a busload of mentaly handicapped people from a group home being ushered inside by ACORN volunteers. One of the kids asked "What's this place?" ACORNer: "We're here to vote." "What's that?" "Don't worry - I'll show you what to do."

Don't think there's voter fraud? I know an ACORN volunteer who boasted of takng absentee ballots into nursing homes and "helping" dementia patients fill out their ballot. These poor people can't even recognize their own children, much less make an informed vote.

Don't think there's voter fraud? Consider that according to the U.S. Census Bureau there are only 1,314,241 people in all of Cuyahoga County of which 24% is under 18 and ineligible to vote, meaning that there should be 998,823 registered voters. Yet they are showing a registration of 1,096,449 million voters. It turns out there are more voters registered in Cuyahoga County than actually exist.

I don't have to mention which way Cuyahoga County usually votes. Considering the above examples, is it any surprise? No need to mention the 1960 election where voter fraud in Illinois and Texas - more votes cast than voters available - tipped the election to Kennedy.

The only people being disenfranchised are the honest people who play by the rules and are seeing their votes nullified by a bunch of political thugs.

Au contra ire Gunner. How many 80tear old Grandma's living in old age homes have drivers licenses? How many people without cars can get to the DMV to get the required I.D.'s? Why aren't student photo I.D.sredcognized as valid? And again you haven't addressed the question of how those 15,000,000 conspirators that will use voter impersonation are going to keep it a secret.

That's bogus BS. I don't know how long you've lived in Texas but we don't have a DMV here. You go to the DPS to get your initial DL. After that you can renew it on line or by mail. My wife has been disabled for 12 years and gave up her driver's license. In it's place she has a state issued photo ID card that looks almost identical to a driver's license. In some states if you can't get to the DPS or DMV they send an employee to your residence to get your ID for you and in may states if you're at poverty level income your ID is free. It will probably be that way in all 50 state in the not too distant future.

Student IDs do not prove legal residency of a particular state and neither do military IDs. A student or military ID in conjunction with a current rent receipt, motor vehicle registration, or utility receipt along with a birth certificate or certificate of citizenship do provide sufficient evidence of residency and eligibility to register to vote. Afterwards you need your registration card and photo ID when you show up at the polling place to vote. If you forget or lose your voter registration card, no big deal. They can look you up in the computer but you still will need to show a photo ID or DL. In Texas even a CHL will suffice for ID.

Think seriously here. If 150,000,000 votes are cast, it would take a conspiracy of 15,000,000 people to produce a 1% change in the outcome. What are tne posilities of 15,000,000 people keeping the same secret without someone finding out about it?

First off 15,000,000 people would be 10% not 1%. Second we have something called the Electoral College for determining presidential elections. Do you recall the Bush VS. Gore election and the Florida vote? If memory serves me correct there was about a 600 vote difference between the two candidates out of about 6,000,000 votes cast in Florida. I believe that to be about .00099% (somebody jump in and correct me if I'm wrong). Had the vote changed by 600 Gore would had been the president. Once again if my memory serves me correctly there was quite a vigorous debate that went on back then.

On another note (true story - really happened). A few weeks ago we had our Louisiana presidential primary. After our cowboy shoot the wife and I went down to vote. When we walked in the door the lady at the registration desk called my wife by name and started talking about how her kids were etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. When it came time to register she asked for her I.D. (they new each other for years). Well my wife didn't have hers and wasn't allowed to vote, so we had to go back to the house and get it. Hey that's the law. I can live with it.

Rambling Grey

Rambling Grey, You are correct. I made a decimal point error in my calculation. The correct answer is 1,500,000, but my question still stands, how do you keep the conspiracy secret when at least 1,500,000 people are involved?

To those that believe that this is all worth preventing even one fraudulent vote I ask, is it worth disenfranchising 5,000,000 REGISTERED, VALID voters to prevent that one fraudulent vote?

To the those that mentioned the ACORN people. If what you say is true, why didn't that 5 year study by George W. Bush didn't turn this up, and if you witnessed this and are so shocked by this, why didn't you report the voter fraud at the time? Could it be that this occured only in your imagination?

Just as a reminder mental retardation is NOT a disqualifying atribute to voting. Just look at all those registered Republicans.

Rambling Grey, You are correct. I made a decimal point error in my calculation. The correct answer is 1,500,000, but my question still stands, how do you keep the conspiracy secret when at least 1,500,000 people are involved?

To those that believe that this is all worth preventing even one fraudulent vote I ask, is it worth disenfranchising 5,000,000 REGISTERED, VALID voters to prevent that one fraudulent vote?

To the those that mentioned the ACORN people. If what you say is true, why didn't that 5 year study by George W. Bush didn't turn this up, and if you witnessed this and are so shocked by this, why didn't you report the voter fraud at the time? Could it be that this occured only in your imagination?

Just as a reminder mental retardation is NOT a disqualifying atribute to voting. Just look at all those registered Republicans.

I don't mind a spirited debate but after reading at your last comment I think I'll pass.

Rambling Grey

you must lead a very very sheltered life with blinders on and cut off from the outside world

I have to heartily disagree with Bugscuffle's comment about republicans, but I am laughing.

As I have grown older I have learned many of my ideas are simply not correct. There isn't always a bright line of right and wrong. We have to balance the good and evil. Disenfranchisement of the elderly and poor should not be acceptable. Perhaps photo id's for the poor should be available without charge and those people that are shut in should have some new options to get those ID's

A system that is not trustworthy will not be respected.

Hi folks, let me introduce myself. My name is Calico Mary Sass #75619. My husband Buick MacKane and I have been involved in CAS and Sass for about 5 years now. My husband is a member of the Sand Creek Raiders, and I am a former member. We also shoot on a regular basis with Pawnee Station and as often as possible with the Colorado Cowboys. I am friends with (among others) Grizzly Dave, Painted Filly, Kiowa Kid, and Brother King. I say all this so you can verify with them that I while I have never posted on the Wire before, I am not a newcomer to this sport. The main reason I have never posted before is to resist the temptation to reply to certain rude comments, but I no longer can resist under the circumstances.

Bugscuffle, my husband and I were both lifelong independent voters until 3 years ago when we both changed our voter registration to Republican. I also have an older brother who IS mentally retarded, so I find your comment regarding the mentally retarded and Republicans to be uncalled for, disgusting, and probably the rudest thing I have ever read on this forum. A few weeks back you were complaining that you shouldn't have to read political commentary in YOUR Chronicle, well I shouldn't have to read such rude comments on MY wire either!! (And no, I'm not really claiming that it's my wire, but I do read on a DAILY basis.)

You sir, are no gentleman, and I hope if you ever come to Colorado to attend any shoots that you give advanced fair warning, so that my husband and I, as well as all of the other decent cowboy shooters here, know when to find something else to do that weekend! Sass does not need people who think such comments as yours are acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Even here in the wilds of San Miguel County, New Mexico at the podunk precinct we vote at, my drivers license is required to verify if I am on the rolls to vote. Two little old ladies check me on one list, then the next. I then sign and am given a ballot. We are also given voter registration cards, but have no picture on them and cannot be used to vote. These ladies know who I am, and have since I was born, yet I still show my ID. If someone has just recently registered to vote and not on the rolls at the voting place, your ID and voter registration are required to get a ballot.

I just don't understand what the big deal is about showing some kind of ID to vote. 85 year old grandma may not have a drivers license any longer, but she can get a State issued ID with a photo so she can vote, or even board a plane. Try getting past TSA without it. I would like to return to the honor system of the good ol' days, but the potential for voter fraud in the U.S. is a serious matter, and there are forces in this Country who will lie and cheat to achieve or maintain power. It's not your parents' or grandparents' Country any more.

Don't let these neo-Marxists called Progressives dictate and control the argument on these issues. Get an inexpensive State issued I.D. and play by the rules.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Hi folks, let me introduce myself. My name is Calico Mary Sass #75619. My husband Buick MacKane and I have been involved in CAS and Sass for about 5 years now. My husband is a member of the Sand Creek Raiders, and I am a former member. We also shoot on a regular basis with Pawnee Station and as often as possible with the Colorado Cowboys. I am friends with (among others) Grizzly Dave, Painted Filly, Kiowa Kid, and Brother King. I say all this so you can verify with them that I while I have never posted on the Wire before, I am not a newcomer to this sport. The main reason I have never posted before is to resist the temptation to reply to certain rude comments, but I no longer can resist under the circumstances.

Bugscuffle, my husband and I were both lifelong independent voters until 3 years ago when we both changed our voter registration to Republican. I also have an older brother who IS mentally retarded, so I find your comment regarding the mentally retarded and Republicans to be uncalled for, disgusting, and probably the rudest thing I have ever read on this forum. A few weeks back you were complaining that you shouldn't have to read political commentary in YOUR Chronicle, well I shouldn't have to read such rude comments on MY wire either!! (And no, I'm not really claiming that it's my wire, but I do read on a DAILY basis.)

You sir, are no gentleman, and I hope if you ever come to Colorado to attend any shoots that you give advanced fair warning, so that my husband and I, as well as all of the other decent cowboy shooters here, know when to find something else to do that weekend! Sass does not need people who think such comments as yours are acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

+1

Bugscuffle done went and pissed off Calico Mary. That's bad Mojo! He aint welcome anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

He's been awarded a Spirit of the Game penalty by myself and many others for running his pie hole. Advice to Bugscuffle, think about what you're writing before you post it. The SASS community is small and news travels fast.

Louisiana Lightnin' :angry:

Calico, I really want to shoot with you, your husband, bro King. That other guy, not so much

That's really sweet of you Dusty, I hope someday we do get a chance to shoot together. That other guy, he's really not that bad though, honest!

Mary, You are quite correct. My comment about retardation and Republicans WAS uncalled for and improper. It was a knee-jerk reaction to the conversation and I was out of bounds in making the comment. I sincerly apologise to all for that comment.

Obvioously you have not heard the joke about the man in the hospital requiring a lifesaving brain transplant.

The doctor says insurance will cover the operation but the family must pay for the brain.

Doc says democrat brain $5000 and republican brain $200.

Family wonders why difference in price.

Doc explains that the republican brain must be priced lower as it is USED.

Mental retardation as related to party affiliation is common among BOTH parties... Get it!

:rolleyes:

Mary, You are quite correct. My comment about retardation and Republicans WAS uncalled for and improper. It was a knee-jerk reaction to the conversation and I was out of bounds in making the comment. I sincerly apologise to all for that comment.

Apology accepted, and I also apologize if I was out of line in what I said. I hope you really did get my point, I have a feeling someone else didn't. I don't care if someone wants to insult my intelligence (actually I know a few people that have been doing that for a couple of years now, not because of my political views but because those few people think way too highly of themselves) but folks need to leave people with physical handicaps they have no control over out of it. Not only is that rude, it also shows a greater lack of intelligence on the part of the insulter than it does on the part of the insultee.... :D

I see it all the time on news media forums, but I do expect better manners on the Sass wire.

Archived