SASS Wire Forum

That was dumb

Tonk Thimblerig

Never, EVER go through your "Cowboy drawer" adding up receipts. I think I might have thrown myself into post-purchase sticker shock. :(

Never, EVER go through your "Cowboy drawer" adding up receipts. I think I might have thrown myself into post-purchase sticker shock. :(

Try this again after you've been in 25 years. It doesn't stop after the first 2-3 years, it just kicks into a higher gear.

Do you have a set of back up six-guns in .38/.357/

Do you have a set of back up six-guns in .44 spl/mag?

Do you have a Derringer?

Do you have a Pocket Pistol?

Do you have a back up Pocket Pistol?

Do you have a Long Range Single Shot Rifle/Smokeless?

Do you have a Long Range Single Shot Rifle/Black Powder?

Do you have a Long Range Rifle Lever Action, rifle cal.?

Do you have a Long Range Rifle Lever Action, pistol cal?

Do you have a set of Cap and Ball Pistols for Plainsmen?

Do you have a Double barrel Shotgun with hammers for Plainsmen?

Do you have a gun cart?

Do you have a Truck and Camper or Trailer for out of town shoots 2-3 days

Do you have any Idea how much FUN you're going to have for the rest of your life? Just sayin'

Big Jake

Try this again after you've been in 25 years. It doesn't stop after the first 2-3 years, it just kicks into a higher gear.

Do you have a Derringer?

Do you have a gun cart?

Do you have any Idea how much FUN you're going to have for the rest of your life? Just sayin'

Big Jake

I have the gun cart.... :unsure:

I figure if I trade in my safe and its contents I could have a real nice trailer to go to shoots with.

I am scared to total mine up, so I don't. I got into CAS about this time last year, in that time I have bought 7 firearms, built 2 gun carts, bought at least 15 cans of powder, over 6000 primers, countless 500-count boxes of bullets, 2 sides of raw leather, hardware for said leather, tools to work said leather & miscellaneous clothing items. I just finished up my 3rd set of holsters, have made 2 gun belts, a shotgun shell slider, etc etc.

All I can say is...it's money well spent!

Do you have a Derringer?

Do you have a gun cart?

Big Jake

Got the trailer and most of the above (except for the cap and ball and blackpowder stuff--I haven't gone there yet). But you forgot to mention the Wild Bunch stuff. The 1911 in Traditional, the 1911 in Modern, the two '97 shotguns you need (one to use and one for back-up) and the big bore rifle (and back-up). Not to mention reloading and the various accessories that requires. But I also have gotten a full load of fun out of all of it.

Do you have backup Long range single shot rifle- black powder and or smokeless? Do you have backup long range lever rifle?

Yes and they have back ups...And He$$ no I don't look at the paper trail...I'm scared too...I have a shredder also...It gets a lot of work out...My bench warmers in some cases can go 8 plus deep...Maybe more if I do a good inventory...That would require locating some the house that might be misplaced...Hidden...

Texas Lizard

I am scared to total mine up, so I don't. I got into CAS about this time last year, in that time I have bought 7 firearms, built 2 gun carts, bought at least 15 cans of powder, over 6000 primers, countless 500-count boxes of bullets, 2 sides of raw leather, hardware for said leather, tools to work said leather & miscellaneous clothing items. I just finished up my 3rd set of holsters, have made 2 gun belts, a shotgun shell slider, etc etc.

All I can say is...it's money well spent!

So, when are you gonna stop tinkerin around and just jump in with both feet? ;)

I just started in SASS, I have pre-purchase sticker shock. :wacko:

My wife gave me a start up budget which I pretty much adhered to.

But since then.... :rolleyes:

I found out about SASS on the Internet two (that's right - 2) months ago.

Since then it's been a big shock to the budget for sure!

1-a pair of the Ruger SASS Vaqueros;

2-a fancy tooled belt and two holsters;

3-AWA Coach Gun;

4-Marlin 1894c;

5-a case of 38spl LRN (for the Vaqueros & Marlin);

6-a case of 20 GA for the coach gun.

And the 'attire' - hat, shirt, vest, jeans, belt, etc! (I did have the eyes & ear stuff)

You all know the prices of that 'stuff' - and now you atellin me there's

more to spend?!!

I'm still looking for the 'most fun with your clothes on'!!

(I need to get someone to get me up the learnen-curv - FAST!

:FlagAm: A friend of mine has been know to say, "I really hope when I die my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it." :FlagAm:

Just to put things in a little perspective ----

Five years ago I bought my 1873 rifle (with a C&I short stroke) for $1300. At the same time, my son bought a set of "top of the line" golf clubs, bag, etc for about the same. Now 5 years later I have an 1873 rifle worth about $1300 and he has a set of clubs with nearly -0- that he just gave to the Salvation Army. We do have bullets and shooting fees but the green fees in California are up to between $75 to $100 per round.

All things considered, Cowboy Action Shooting is a pretty good deal.

Note: Don't give your wife the combination to the gun safe!!!

Conejo

Do you have a Derringer?

Do you have a gun cart?

Big Jake

Luckily, not all that has to be in triplicate when you have 3 shooter's in the family! I just went thru my inventory yesterday... making sure I had pictures, serial numbers and full descriptions of all my firearms... all nice and computerized for the insurance company... along with purchase and present values. Surprisingly, the inventory costs were less than 15 grand... but present day values... holy moly! I'm sure hopin' I don't have to replace them all! I do have 55 guns crammed in a safe made for 22! And the WIFE is shopping for another safe to reduce the density and a safe place for some others that can't make it there! :ph34r:

But the bottom line: after 25 years I got fairly good "... Idea how much FUN you're going to have for the rest of your life? Just sayin'!"

My most valueble guns is those my Grandad left me .....

The rest can be replaced .....

Only got back-up rifles fer my main-match 66 going 3 deep, Only 2 deep on shotgun back-ups, just 4 deep on pistols ,,,,etc.

Hardly any guns .....

Have Fun ,,,,,, Lifes to short to marry a ugly woman or shoot an ugly gun ....

Jabez Cowboy

My lovely bride is great, if we have the money in the bank, and the bills are paid, she doesn't mind me buying cowboy stuff, she knows how much I love playing the game.

Now when we don't have money in the bank or the bills ain't paid and I buy something anyway, well then I might catch a little grief, but I reckon I deserve that.

Archived